Careers

Aquaman

fao the old people who work full time (b.bully, matt, seriouss, goldcoast etc)heads who recently graduatedheads graduating this summerheads are just finishing the 2nd yeardid u know what u were doing at uni. mans tryna find a career out here and its not about getting stuck in some dead end no room for promotion sector.i need suttin rewarding yet lucrative.whos going to do further study (masters, conversion courses etc)

just wanted to see what other heads are on really. ima be a teacher still. just finished unif*ck law. i might check some patent attorney ting but doin further study is long
Going into my final year doing Criminology. Dont wanna join the police though. Easy job for life, but just cant see myself in the force.Have already applied for social work within the government, and international relations over seas.

Wasn't really too sure what I wanted to do when I got into uni.Been on a placement at a public relations firm which has been good. May very well contemplate going into it.However, I'm very interested in getting into the Financial Services industry as really and truly, I want to make as much money as possible. Going to seriously look about getting into it.But yeah, it's pretty much one of those 2 fields I will probably end up in.

Wasn't really too sure what I wanted to do when I got into uni.Been on a placement at a public relations firm which has been good. May very well contemplate going into it.However, I'm very interested in getting into the Financial Services industry as really and truly, I want to make as much money as possible. Going to seriously look about getting into it.But yeah, it's pretty much one of those 2 fields I will probably end up in.
how much pees u get for them jobs? do u jump straight into that on a trainee basis?

just wanted to see what other heads are on really. ima be a teacher still. just finished unif*ck law. i might check some patent attorney ting but doin further study is long
Going into my final year doing Criminology. Dont wanna join the police though. Easy job for life, but just cant see myself in the force.Have already applied for social work within the government, and international relations over seas.
im in the same position as u but my course covers all the social sciencesf*ck knows what i wanna do after

Guest Robin_Van_PersG

Going into 3rd year and Looking to be a PE teacher, but haven't got any A-levels which i've been told is a disadvantage. relevant Work experience is what you need to be looking at getting if your still studying.

im in the same position as u but my course covers all the social sciencesf*ck knows what i wanna do after
To be honest, the social sciences opens up such a massive varyiety of oppertunites.I only did modules in Classical Sociology, Crime & Deviance in Modern Day Society and The Welfare State in regards that could be tied into social work.I did 2 large modules in Law which opened up the international relations part to it, which is the part im pinning my hopes on. Away for 2 weeks, back for 2 weeks, across Europe depending on your role. Starting salary £40k.But thats only if i get the best/2nd best degree that is on offer at the end of next year AND everything then goes according to plan there on after.

how much pees u get for them jobs? do u jump straight into that on a trainee basis?
Public relations or financial services?Still need to check up on public relations as it can vary. I'm working at my cousin's company she started with her friends, but I know she is making more than she was before seeing as they are both sick at their jobs. As for financial services, I think internships can be like £500 a week or so, and then if you're kept on it could be a healthy salary. Dont quote me though. I'm still trying to do research myself.CRLS, it's my cousin's PR company so she hooked me up.I guess I was pretty much doing anything that needed to be done. As it's still a small company there was no real title I had, but I'll refer to myself as PR Assistant. Duties included collating and recording coverage they got, phoning up people to return samples, doing research, admin, like I said, anything that needed to get done. However, I did get to write a press release which is still awaiting the greenlight, and I got my name on another press release that went out and I have been in contact with people I sent it out to, and I have even got that press release on a website with credit to me, so I'm happy. Stuff for the portfolio. There's also a magazine starting up in the same office, so I'm getting to see not only how a PR company is run, but also how a magazine is put together and the business behind both.I recommend you ask for volunteer work as you want to learn more about PR and have a growing interest.

I know i need to get those placements under my beltbut there's no timeright now i need a full time 7 PAAND AN HOUR JAY OHH BEE to set me up for next year's unidon't know how but i need to figure something out
If you are a doing a sandwich year then you probably will be getting paid for it. Mine was a module that I started early and wull be continuing over summer until September on a part time basis. 6 months experience on the CV. Want to give myself as much of a headstart on getting a graduate job as possible.If you don't have time, well, I have no clue. You need to find someone that can hook you up.