MOTHER SHOPS HER SONS

Goddaz

WHAT'S YOUR VIEWS? WHAT WOULD U DO?The mother:388EF0A6-B129-B8CD-F7F819450CA0E34C.jpgThe victim & sons:38903AEF-9314-AEA3-AEF38A84BCC906C6.jpgA mother tells today how she sent her two vicious sons to jail - and urges other parents to do the same.Carol Saldinack, 51, shopped booze-fuelled Luke Newman, 27, and Oliver Clark, 24, to police after learning that they battered a dad for no reason, blinding him in one eye.Later, the thugs were jailed at Chichester, West Sussex, for two years for GBH.Mum-of-six Carol tells the Mirror: "I felt nothing but guilt after I hung up the phone. "But if you feel you can cope with the consequences, speak up and tell the truth."Victim Marc Parkinson, 36, said: "It was a very brave thing to do."Today, as the louts start a two-year sentence for GBH, the mum-of-six has paid a heavy price - her children have disowned her and she lives in fear from threats. But she has no regrets.Instead, she declared: "I'd urge anyone who finds themselves in this situation to search their own heart and do the right thing."Mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, friends - someone always knows who's responsible for things like this. They need to come forward."Think of the victim's family and their hell. If you feel you can cope with the consequences, speak up and tell the truth."Newman, Clark and Benjamin Hammond, 25, launched an unprovoked attack on dad-of-two Marc Parkinson, 36, outside a takeaway after a night drinking in Chichester, West Sussex.Mr Parkinson had a detached retina, extensive bruising and cuts, a perforated eardrum and bruised ribs. He is now blinded in one eye.Fighting back tears Carol, 51, who lives in Norfolk, said: "I found out from a relative that Oliver and Luke had been bragging they'd done it."Luke was apparently walking around with a newspaper report of the attack as if it was a trophy."I felt felt angry, appalled, shocked and sickened. All I could think was 'This man might die, my sons could be killers'."In minutes I rang police and said 'About the fight in Chichester, I know who's responsible'."I was asked how I knew. I replied 'Because they're my sons'." Newman and Clark's homes were raided the next day.Traces of Marc's blood were discovered on a shoe. Witnesses identified the pair in line-ups.Despite living apart from her angry family, Carol is convinced she did the right thing.She said: "It's been hell. Not being able to seemy children is gut-wrenching. I love them all. I felt nothing but guilt after I hung up the phone. But I had to make that call."Sometimes I wonder if I did the right thing. But knowing how this man suffered, and that my own flesh and blood did that, there was no way I could have kept it to myself."If I'd ignored it would have been as if it was OK. I couldn't letmy children think I supported such disgusting behaviour."My boys needed to take responsibility. If they weren't prepared to do it themselves, it was up to me to see that they did. If I had to, I'd do it all over again."Carol missed her sons' appearance at Chichester crown court as she could not bear to hear the details. Hammond was also jailed for two years.Now, as violence daily blights the streets of Britain, the mum is appealing to other parents not to ignore their children's unruly behaviour.She said: "There are too many stories of people being killed in mindless acts of violence."Everyone blames the government. But we all know the difference between right and wrong."We should look at our own lives and how we bring up our children - that's where I think the answers are."Marc has been left with depression and severe headaches. His business folded and he had to sell his home to pay off debts.Yesterday he hailed Carol, saying: "It was a brave thing to do. If she persuades just one parent to do the same it will have been worthwhile."Investigating detective Kim Cinch said: "It was a difficult decision for Carol and has caused all kinds of backlash."Carol now yearns to be be reunited with her family.She said: "I hope one day they'll understand why I did what I did. I doubt it will ever happen - but that's what I wish more than anything."

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to say i would od the same but I don't know if I would have the balls to do it. I would also like to think I could live with my kid/s disowning me but the threats I most probably couldn't handle. Imagine tho that could make your kids that f*cked up and twist their mentality to make them out to get you.But yh to answer I don't think I could.But I respect her for doing what I will assume many parent aren't able to do.

"I felt felt angry, appalled, shocked and sickened. All I could think was 'This man might die, my sons could be killers'."In minutes I rang police and said 'About the fight in Chichester, I know who's responsible'.
The snitch society we are creating is sickening.She should have told them to go own up to the police or otherwise she would snitch them out.

Guest Eduardo
This isn't snitching. Snitching is implicating people to save your own skin, after getting caught doing somethingWhat she did was turn in two cunts for battering someone for no reason