FAO: LADIES

Grafter

what one are you on, if at all?i went on microgynon and i never liked it, that was last yr, scared me out of goin on the pill againi went to the doctors and she gave me cilest, ain used it yet, jus readin reviews on it now, and it ain that good...i jus wanna go on it cos im goin on holiday later in the yr for a little while, dnt really wanna have a periodso what u got?

my friend told me how its the cheapest one, an they give it to most girls for a first pill
that must the one i had last time. it made me get pains and cramps in my legs so i stopped. made me well bloated aswell. im on cilest now and i have no problems.

I can't take the pill because i'm so bad with tablets... plus the way my bredrin said she put on baaaare weight... I was put off.Last year I was gonna get that Implanon... which lasts for 3 years and is inserted in your arm. Things didn't quite go to plan... but that's what I shall be getting in due course.

Guest LOGers

Smaddy, its swag, more time a doctor will just give it to you to fob you off.I was on it for a while. Made me gain weight.Then I went on cerazette, which I didnt like either.Turns out I've got some next thing wrong with me that doctors couldn't be asked to research.The wickedest thing is I knew what was wrong with me, and they wouldn't listen. Finally I saw someone who cared and I'm on dianette now. As for the coil. Long for that, too many stories of it not being inserted properly put me off.I don't even need my pill for contraception.

i use the microgynon one (if thats how you spell it)i haven't had any problems with itwhat problems have people had with it?
when i went on it, i only used it for one month, bled everydaygot extremely emotinal, crying and overly hystericallower sexdrive, but who wants to have sex when they are bleedin day in day out anyway
Yasmin, its a very light 1 mainly for regulating my periods (yay 3 day period crew)
did u ask for that?couple of my friends are on that...my doctor seems very dictatorish...LOG why do u take it then?i dnt mind jus being normal an not havin the pill, but u kno when u dnt wanna be on holiday with fam an everyones swimmin and then its bait u got ur period cos ur like nah nahor like u have a bad period when ur away from home, and ur jus that weirdo who threw up an couldnt participate

Guest LOGers

Smad I've got PCOS so my menstrual cycle/fertility is fuct thats why I got put on itThe pill is useful for holidays and big events so its cool to have the odd packet handy, I just don't think that most of the women who are using it should be, its the cheapest so doctors just dash it at you willy nilly.Oh yeah you need to be pushy with your doctor, or go clinic, they are more helpful there.

IMO coil is the most hassle free contraceptive im definately going back to it after ive had the baby.its uncomfortable to have it put in but thats it.I wanted a hormone and chemical free form of contraception thats why i chose this method,no headaches,weight gain or any other side effects also the biggest plus is that you are fertile as soon as its removed unlike many pills /injections where you have to wait for it to come out of your system. i didnt like the hassle of having to remember to take my pill everyday,i could have the coil put it and not worry about t for 5 years.i was always a worry wart and even though the pill s reliable there were still windows for error i.e taking it late or being ill and it not working.i think people assume its painful because they assume its an actual metal spring or something.its a small plastic 'T' with minute copper threads thats it.

my cousin got the chip device thingy inserted ito her armshe took it out after 2 weeksi dont approve of the intrument, not its effetcs, the way its inserted and removednothingit all seems highly unethicali told she guna give birth to a robot

how does the coil work thenif its jus a bit of plastic an metal?does it stop the baby from growin?
this is what it looks likeCoil2.jpg
IUD (Intrauterine Device) – also known as a ‘coil’This is a small plastic & copper device (usually shaped like a ‘T’) which is fitted in the uterus by a doctor. It prevents eggs from being fertilised or from settling in the womb. It can stay in place for five years and can also be used as emergency after-sex contraception. Ordinary IUDs may cause heavier or more painful periods, but ‘Gynefix’ or an IUS (Intrauterine System) which contains the hormone progestogen, can have the opposite effect and make periods lighter. This method can be from 98 – over 99% effective but remember: it will not protect against sexually transmitted infections or HIV.