Help please

Natalie

I have a interview at Marks n Sparks next week and I have come to the conclusion that i'm in need of help.Could you lot help me answer these questions please. You dont have to answer all of them. But help would be much appreciated so I can memorise for next week lol.Thank you in advance.*Why do you want to work here?*Why do you think you are suited to this job?*Tell me an example of when you have shown leadership. *Tell me an example of when you have shown initiative. (I have no idea if that is the correct spelling! You know what word I mean though!)*Tell me an example of when you have been a team player.*Do you work well with individuals or with groups?*Will you be able to adapt to a working environment?*Why should the company employee you?

Why do you want to work here?I shop here quite often (even if you dont) so i think id be suited to help people navigate round the shop and help with their queries (or somethin along them lines)Why do you think you are suitable for th ejob?Same as above, about you shoppin there regularaly plus youre very sociable and have been told your an approachable person etcThe rest i dont really know, im terrible at these things - last interview i had i lied in and got caught out

Why do you want to work here?I shop here quite often (even if you dont) so i think id be suited to help people navigate round the shop and help with their queries (or somethin along them lines)Why do you think you are suitable for th ejob?Same as above, about you shoppin there regularaly plus youre very sociable and have been told your an approachable person etcThe rest i dont really know, im terrible at these things - last interview i had i lied in and got caught out
Thanx joel :DLol what lie did you tell and how did you get caught out and what did they say lmao.E15 I applied on their website.

How you get the interview?I got bare interviews next weekbut the joke tingout of all the places I applied, only the ones that I thought 'behh they're never gon get back to me, but i might as-well', have actually got back to meso now i'm going to have some stupidly hard interviewsmarks & spencers sounds okay thoughhoook man up Natz

Thanx joel :DLol what lie did you tell and how did you get caught out and what did they say lmao.E15 I applied on their website.
They asked me about previous work (i had none) and i told them id worked in a shop my uncle owns then they asked a quetion later on in the interview about why i would be suitable for the job - i said, eventhough i have no previous work experience i still think im suitable because i learn things quickly etcThey then clocked about me syain i worked for my uncle, they just asked me about that - i felt like getting up and just walkin home lol

Its been ages since I got asked any of those questions in an interview.All I get now are competency tests and experiance/skills questions.
By competency do you mean group interviews and ish yh?
Not really.More maths, english and problem solving tests, but I haven't been for a retail job in ages. My bro used to work there not too long ago so i'll see if he remebers what they asked him.

Its been ages since I got asked any of those questions in an interview.All I get now are competency tests and experiance/skills questions.
By competency do you mean group interviews and ish yh?
Not really.More maths, english and problem solving tests, but I haven't been for a retail job in ages. My bro used to work there not too long ago so i'll see if he remebers what they asked him.
Yeahh ive heard there giving these tests more and more in retail now - shows how suitable you'll be for the job judgin ya personality/maths skills/problem skills etc

I'll pre warn you that you'll have to do some "role play"they give u a senario, some cards with food or clothes, leave thee room and re enter as a customer.if u didnt know, hope it helps
Nah i didnt know Thanx :D

I'll pre warn you that you'll have to do some "role play"they give u a senario, some cards with food or clothes, leave thee room and re enter as a customer.if u didnt know, hope it helps
Nah i didnt know Thanx :D
thats exactly what i was gonna say stillits for the summer aswell init natz. . .

the pays good at marks an sparksfor the leadership and team work ones, use examples from collegge/unitalk about how u took charge of a group that didnt seem to have any direction, tell them how u changed this around, and ended up gaining the top mark in the classsports leadership awards?music? being in orchestras and that sort of thing counts as team worktalk about how great it is to work together, and how much faster u can come to conclusion or win with the help of a teamshowing ur own initiative, if ur at uni u can say how a lot of work at uni is independant and its become natural now for you to research and find things out on ur ownor talk about previous work situations where u have helped a customer and instead of goin directly to ur manager u were able to sort the problem out on ur own, and the customer left satisfied, could be to do with refund/exchange or something i duno much about retailof course u will be able to adapt to working environment, if u havnt had a previous job, just say that there is a strong work ethic within ur household and everyone has to pull their weight...then smilethey should employ you because u love customer service, and u think that marks an sparks would be the best place to improve ur skills in this areaur a people person and ur are a fast learner, capable or working in a team as well as on ur own...during interviews, i tend to keep eye contact so i can not only show that i am paying attention but also i can gage what the interviewer is thinkin with regards to my answersand smile quite a bit, to show that ur friendlytake time to answer questions, dnt make it sound mechanicallike u have loads of examples, and ur just tryin to think of the best one: "well.....i would have to say....when i was.....blablabla"

one time my mate was in an iterview and they said to him : "If you were an animal which one would you be?"he said: "i would be a panther, so no one could see me" lmao! he don't even know why he said it!

the pays good at marks an sparksfor the leadership and team work ones, use examples from collegge/unitalk about how u took charge of a group that didnt seem to have any direction, tell them how u changed this around, and ended up gaining the top mark in the classsports leadership awards?music? being in orchestras and that sort of thing counts as team worktalk about how great it is to work together, and how much faster u can come to conclusion or win with the help of a teamshowing ur own initiative, if ur at uni u can say how a lot of work at uni is independant and its become natural now for you to research and find things out on ur ownor talk about previous work situations where u have helped a customer and instead of goin directly to ur manager u were able to sort the problem out on ur own, and the customer left satisfied, could be to do with refund/exchange or something i duno much about retailof course u will be able to adapt to working environment, if u havnt had a previous job, just say that there is a strong work ethic within ur household and everyone has to pull their weight...then smilethey should employ you because u love customer service, and u think that marks an sparks would be the best place to improve ur skills in this areaur a people person and ur are a fast learner, capable or working in a team as well as on ur own...during interviews, i tend to keep eye contact so i can not only show that i am paying attention but also i can gage what the interviewer is thinkin with regards to my answersand smile quite a bit, to show that ur friendlytake time to answer questions, dnt make it sound mechanicallike u have loads of examples, and ur just tryin to think of the best one: "well.....i would have to say....when i was.....blablabla"
Smaddy you are SICK!lool at ego