Gerrard wants Barry move

HangTheDJ

Gerrard wants Barry moveLiverpool captain Steven Gerrard is 'desperate' for Gareth Barry to move to Anfield this summer.Aston Villa skipper Barry is a £12million-rated target of Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez as the Spaniard looks to bolster his squad for a Premier League title tilt next season.Benitez has already had one £10m bid for Barry, who has two years to run on his Villa contract, turned down by Midlands boss Martin O'Neill.However, Gerrard - who has a long-standing friendship with Barry since the pair roomed together at Euro 2000 - has urged Benitez to continue his pursuit of the midfielder."Gareth Barry is someone who will improve Liverpool," said Gerrard, who is expected to line-up alongside Barry when England face Trinidad & Tobago in Port of Spain on Sunday.Respect"I know all about Gareth, I am good friends with him off the pitch and I am desperate for us to sign him."We can't be disrespectful to Villa. He is still their player and we will see what happens."Naturally, they are going to try and keep hold of him, and rightly so because he is one of their star men. He has been a fantastic servant for them over many years."But, from a biased point of view, I want Gareth Barry to become a Liverpool player."He is a good player. But I want Liverpool to be as strong as possible and Gareth Barry will certainly make us stronger.Fantastic"You talk about improving the team, the starting XI and the squad, and Gareth will certainly help Liverpool to become a better team."Gerrard, though, accepts it would be a wrench for Barry - who is understood to be keen to sample UEFA Champions League football - to leave Villa after 11 years with the club."I am sure Gareth will find it hard to leave Villa," added Gerrard. "He has been fantastic for them but, in football, sometimes opportunities come along where you can better your career."I think Gareth is 27 now and he needs to play Champions League football. In my opinion, he needs that now."Meanwhile, Gerrard is keen for England to build momentum against Trinidad & Tabago telling Sky Sports News: "It is all about taking steps to become a better team. We are not going to become World Cup winners over night."http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3630182,00.html
This discussion doesn't need to be made again, but this is another example how Liverpool have acted disgracefully in this while saga.He's probably gonna go in the end, and lets hope it's all resolved in the next week or two.I think these comments are demanding the board allow Rafa more funds to buy Barry, because we will NOT be sold short, £16million+ OR the equivalent of that with players we actually WANT.Hopefully we can get Sidwell and Michael Johnson in as replacements.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is JJ, Mr. Gerrard was probably asked his opinion rather than he went and just gave a statement, so I don't think it's disrespectful.I personally wanted Arsenal to sign M. Johnson, but that's another topic.Gerrard's right tho, mans 27, so if he wants to play Champions League football for a few years he needs to move now. I personally couldn't see him moving to a big club next year/year after if he didn't move now. Now or never type situation really.

Gerrard knows what he doing.The disrespectful part is the timing & how it will seem, even if it wasnt intended.Right now Martin o'Neill is probably punching some walls & kicking water bottles FUMING.That said Wenger should muscle in, cos Villa if they have to sell would probably rather it wasnt to Liverpool...12m & Hoyte.

Gerrard knows what he doing.The disrespectful part is the timing & how it will seem, even if it wasnt intended.Right now Martin o'Neill is probably punching some walls & kicking water bottles FUMING.That said Wenger should muscle in, cos Villa if they have to sell would probably rather it wasnt to Liverpool...12m & Hoyte.
Could you imagine Rafa's face if we did take Barry?I actually think Arsene's monitoring this situation anyway. He's just waiting for Barry to say he's off, or wait for a bid to be accepted.

If he has to go, I'd want him to go to Arse/Chels/United.But that being said, I think it's Liverpool or stay at Villa, I get the impression Gerrard is the main reason he wants to go.Playing with his second best friend in football (after Crouch who could still be there), in his best position (hes best in a 4-2-3-1), and if he clicks with Gerrard on a consistent basis like he does with England then his England place is nailed on.If Barry does go 'Pool it's good for England. Midfield will just be Barry and Hargreaves (doing the masch role) with Gerrard ahead of them.It's a massive, MASSIVE blow to us, but if we signed Michael Johnson and Sidwell it would go a long way to help ease the pain.I'd be a bit worried if I was Liverpool though, MON will NOT stand for this sh*t, I remember he sued Football365 for releasing an article claiming he tapped up Artur Boruc and won.MON is a very clever guy and he will use this for his own advantage.You arn't dealing with any David O'Leary or John Gregory here, who can be manipulated every which way, MON is a man of character, and a f*ck*ng clever one at that. He's also the most media-savvy manager in the league and believe me, the more Liverpool kick and scream about the whole thing, the tougher MON will make it for them in the grand scheme of things.

lol at thinking you have to answer questions like say you've got a gun to your head,can easily divert away from the question.that c*nt knew what he was doing,
yep"eeee Gareths a fantastic player, but he's contracted to another football club and it would be disrespectful for me to comment on him y'know"That would of done.

JJ you are a clown. the leak came in the Birmingham press and Rafa said 'when you enquire about a player its done by fax so you can't control who sees it'.How on earth is it disrespectful when the transfer is already out in the open and this happens all the time?lol at trying to post that topic on RAWK when their are literally hundreds of posts saying they think Barry should stay at Villa.

How is this disrespectful in sense of timing, the season is over.MON is a prick, ranting and raving about f*ck all. How can he say he knew nothing about a possible transfer when he spoke on the phone to rafa about Barry.

Could you imagine Rafa's face if we did take Barry?I actually think Arsene's monitoring this situation anyway. He's just waiting for Barry to say he's off, or wait for a bid to be accepted.
Arsene doesnt buy English though does he (in general)Dont think hes monitoring

LOL i have said enough times if Barry wanted to stay at villa he woulda came out and said it by now. same way torres & ronaldo both have come out and said they wanna stay at their respective clubsyet i dont see you fuming at barry.

JJ you are a clown. the leak came in the Birmingham press and Rafa said 'when you enquire about a player its done by fax so you can't control who sees it'.How on earth is it disrespectful when the transfer is already out in the open and this happens all the time?lol at trying to post that topic on RAWK when their are literally hundreds of posts saying they think Barry should stay at Villa.
Beg you dont even attempt sending for for me you fake scouser.The leak came from the Birmingham press from a source within Anfield, so don't try anything like that, and Benitez continuously spoke about it in the media, at length. Only then did MON come out and explain the full story where nothing has happened.We've done this topic 3 or 4 times and every time you clutch to the same story that we leaked it, which is quite obviously incorrect.If you cant see the disrespect and arrogance being shown by your club then you really are more dumb than you already appear to be.Davicious, Lahi and the other 'Pool fans on hereatleast air the topic when they can see their club may have done something wrong, whereas you continue to fight tooth and nail about something that is completely irrelevant.Pretty much everyone in football and related to football is saying the same thing, that Liverpool have gone about this in the wrong way and are doing things completely 'un Liverpool' like.This stems from Benitez's history of tapping up accusations (which arn't stone wall no, so don't bother higlighting this asking me to name some examples) and generally being an arrogant man who has obviously decided not to embrace the cultures of English football.Real Madrid, and the Spanish managers may operate within media circles like that in their country, but we don't do it here.And the timing is wrong because of the negotiations that are going on between MON and Rick Parry/Benitez, we are trying to conduct the transfer correctly down the proper channels and while this is going on your captain, and most influential player is out in the press stating how desperate he is for the player to join.The whole thing is becomming increasingly embaressing, because it's quite apparant as much as Benitez wants him, he doesn't want to pay his value to us. Which is £16million because he's an established memeber of the england side, our most influential player, and compared to the Carrick and Hargreaves transfers thats the going rate for someone in his mould.Those are the facts, beg you don't quote me again, there is no argument to have, Liverpool have lacked class through the whole saga.Enjoy Gareth Barry, he's a class player.

LOL i have said enough times if Barry wanted to stay at villa he woulda came out and said it by now. same way torres & ronaldo both have come out and said they wanna stay at their respective clubsyet i dont see you fuming at barry.
We're only 'fuming' at Liverpools lack of respect towards us.We're a massive club, and your tryna take us for any Middlesbrough.It's like Rafa seems to think "oh he's only at Villa, we can have him if we want, for our price" when in reality we are a much bigger club than he realises, and we do have a draw to keep players.I don't like the way you think you can do business, and the way you are trying to go about it isn't effecting anything, but it is dragging both clubs names through the mud.Barrys head has been turned, anyones would be, he's not even a local lad. This isn't like the Gerrard transfer.Two years ago Barry was off to Portsmotuh for 6million... He's been here for a long time and obviously holds Villa in high regard, but it's not like hes a judas.If he wants to go, he can, we will get what he's worth and hopefully replace him in the best possible way.And as for that, well, I don't agree. Although I do think he will go in the end, just because he hasn't said it, doesn't mean he wants to go. He might just want to have talks and see whats out there. I'm 100% sure Barry still hasn't made a decision either way, and only will when and if he talks to Rafa and hears his plans.Gerrard asked for the Chelsea move when he found out about their enquiry, and then decided he wanted to stay... Barry hasn't gone that far, yet.

We're only 'fuming' at Liverpools lack of respect towards us.We're a massive club, and your tryna take us for any Middlesbrough.It's like Rafa seems to think "oh he's only at Villa, we can have him if we want, for our price" when in reality we are a much bigger club than he realises, and we do have a draw to keep players.I don't like the way you think you can do business, and the way you are trying to go about it isn't effecting anything, but it is dragging both clubs names through the mud.Barrys head has been turned, anyones would be, he's not even a local lad. This isn't like the Gerrard transfer.Two years ago Barry was off to Portsmotuh for 6million... He's been here for a long time and obviously holds Villa in high regard, but it's not like hes a judas.If he wants to go, he can, we will get what he's worth and hopefully replace him in the best possible way.And as for that, well, I don't agree. Although I do think he will go in the end, just because he hasn't said it, doesn't mean he wants to go. He might just want to have talks and see whats out there. I'm 100% sure Barry still hasn't made a decision either way, and only will when and if he talks to Rafa and hears his plans.Gerrard asked for the Chelsea move when he found out about their enquiry, and then decided he wanted to stay... Barry hasn't gone that far, yet.
Not even saying that the situation has been dealt with right, but you have turned it into some big thing about Rafa being some next guy who taps up every player who goes to buy. to the extent where you have said the whole Torres armband thing was set up by Benitez, come on. Hes your captain, he should have said something by now IMO.

Not even saying that the situation has been dealt with right, but you have turned it into some big thing about Rafa being some next guy who taps up every player who goes to buy. to the extent where you have said the whole Torres armband thing was set up by Benitez, come on. Hes your captain, he should have said something by now IMO.
Obviously the extent of my argument was exaggerated, but Rafas buying and selling policy is about as law-abiding as Del-Boys.See, you ain't all bad.

As your captain, he definitely should have said something, if he is going to stay.To be honest though, if Liverpool had acted exactly as you would have liked JJ, you would still be pissed at Liverpool and Rafa that you are losing Barry.No-one likes to lose their star player, but just deal with it and quit crying. Thats life.

As your captain, he definitely should have said something, if he is going to stay.To be honest though, if Liverpool had acted exactly as you would have liked JJ, you would still be pissed at Liverpool and Rafa that you are losing Barry.No-one likes to lose their star player, but just deal with it and quit crying. Thats life.
Nah, I honeslty dont think I would.Was you pissed at Mourinho until he came out with "you'll never win a league title at Anfield?"I'd be dissapointed, but if everything was done above board, we got the value of the player, and all the comments about us, what we've done for the player were respectful I wouldnt be hateful towards Pool.

I only have 1 thing to say on thisI remember when ppl was saying Mascherano wasnt worth 17m, now Gareth Barry is worth 16m?Who comes up with these numbers?*Leaves knowing his point is well made*
Mascherano was an asbolute snip.But his situation was different, he was being sold, and he'd been touted around. Whereas you're tryna sign someone who's very much in our plans and not for sale.You also wasn't buying from a football club, let alone a divisional rival.

Beg you dont even attempt sending for for me you fake scouser.The leak came from the Birmingham press from a source within Anfield, so don't try anything like that, and Benitez continuously spoke about it in the media, at length. Only then did MON come out and explain the full story where nothing has happened.We've done this topic 3 or 4 times and every time you clutch to the same story that we leaked it, which is quite obviously incorrect.If you cant see the disrespect and arrogance being shown by your club then you really are more dumb than you already appear to be.Davicious, Lahi and the other 'Pool fans on hereatleast air the topic when they can see their club may have done something wrong, whereas you continue to fight tooth and nail about something that is completely irrelevant.Pretty much everyone in football and related to football is saying the same thing, that Liverpool have gone about this in the wrong way and are doing things completely 'un Liverpool' like.This stems from Benitez's history of tapping up accusations (which arn't stone wall no, so don't bother higlighting this asking me to name some examples) and generally being an arrogant man who has obviously decided not to embrace the cultures of English football.Real Madrid, and the Spanish managers may operate within media circles like that in their country, but we don't do it here.And the timing is wrong because of the negotiations that are going on between MON and Rick Parry/Benitez, we are trying to conduct the transfer correctly down the proper channels and while this is going on your captain, and most influential player is out in the press stating how desperate he is for the player to join.The whole thing is becomming increasingly embaressing, because it's quite apparant as much as Benitez wants him, he doesn't want to pay his value to us. Which is £16million because he's an established memeber of the england side, our most influential player, and compared to the Carrick and Hargreaves transfers thats the going rate for someone in his mould.Those are the facts, beg you don't quote me again, there is no argument to have, Liverpool have lacked class through the whole saga.Enjoy Gareth Barry, he's a class player.
When did I say i was from Liverpool?We do this topic over and over cos quite simply your being a prick. When questioned about it in the media while their was just speculation did Rafa talk on it or did he divert the question?I don't buy that it was a leak from within anfield at all, I'm pretty sure if that was the case it would have been common knowledge in Liverpool that a bid had been tabled and that it would have been in the Echo which has strong ties with the club before it was leaked in Birmingham. surely you can see the logic in that?You've been chatting so much sh*t recently its embarassing.Your saying Rafa is disrespectful because he allegedly has a history of tapping up players (with nothing to back it up )yet over the past few weeks you've been caressing the Nutsack of Ferguson for being respectable despite the fact he has tapped up players. PROVEN. No if's or buts, Staam said it in his autobiography and Man Utd officials were pictured with Hargreaves before he signed. Then you went as far as to say Mourinho upheld an air of respectability around Chelsea despite the fact he said ronaldo has no manners cos he comes from a poor background.Gerrard voiced his opinion on Barry as a player like players do all the time, he could so easily have done it while the season was still active but he didn't.I honestly hope he stays at Villa and then you can stop whining like a bitch, not worth £16 million anyway.

I only have 1 thing to say on thisI remember when ppl was saying Mascherano wasnt worth 17m, now Gareth Barry is worth 16m?Who comes up with these numbers?*Leaves knowing his point is well made*
Mascherano was an asbolute snip.But his situation was different, he was being sold, and he'd been touted around. Whereas you're tryna sign someone who's very much in our plans and not for sale.You also wasn't buying from a football club, let alone a divisional rival.
Wait did you just make my point stronger?So if Barry was goin Juventus you would be happy to accept 10m yeah instead of the mad 16m you tried to put on his head? Macsherano + Haregreaves>>>>>>Carrick>>>>>>>>BarryYou know it, I know it so price man accordingly. 12/13m at the most.

Wait did you just make my point stronger?So if Barry was goin Juventus you would be happy to accept 10m yeah instead of the mad 16m you tried to put on his head? Macsherano + Haregreaves>>>>>>Carrick>>>>>>>>BarryYou know it, I know it so price man accordingly. 12/13m at the most.
Well yeah.But if you look at the other points.Barry starts for England, could captain England tomorrow and is our captain.Carrick wasn't doing any of those things, bar a start in the WC, and Hargreaves wasn't even being used in his best position at his club.Barry worth as a football is probably about 10-12 million, but we arn't looking to sell, he's integral to our plans, and is our captain and starts for the England national side. Which all puts his price up.

VIlla fans are suffering from small club syndromeTheir forum is 80% bullshitStopped reading after this

i'm pretty sure a player can't be done for tapping up. Gerrards just being honest. they'd love him there because he's better than what they have. simple as that and he's right that Barry is good enough to be playing champions league football and good enough to play for Liverpool and maybe one or two of the big 3 week in week out (not sure he's Man Utd class to be honest) nothing new there at all simple fact is. unless any of the top 3, or Liverpool come in with the right amount of cash to tempt us. lets say 18m to match the inferior Carrick or Macherano then nothing changes and even then it'll be down to if Barry wants to go or not