How should i Work my Back

djbmc

Job involves a lot of heavy lifting and it's putting a strain on my back when u take into consideration doing back exercises at the gym once a week, how should i switch my routine to cut the risk of injury?

i was also told that sit-ups that strenghten your stomach also help your back as a result.
but thats not whats gonna build your back. isolation is what builds muscle, the focus of sit ups is to develop abs not back.you work your abs by doing pull ups too, but the focus for that is the back...

i got a routine, it's pretty much wot Matt posted, i just wanna know wot type rep patterns i should be doing so as to minimise the chance of injury. Should i go a bit lighter? Or rest longer in between sets? That kind of thing.

whats good for isolating lower backmines proper small compared to my upper....

whats good for isolating lower backmines proper small compared to my upper....
bent over rows, deadlifts, one arm dumbell rows, T-bar rows, seated pulley rows, lat pull downs (charles glass style, do a search for his name on BB.com for the videos, they WILL give you wings)