Do You Have To Be A Certain Race/Nationality To Listen To Certain Music?

Stamina Man

A few people seem to be a bit angry because I listen to Dancehall music. And I am not black. :DSurely, ignorance like this shouldn't get in the way of enjoying the music you like?If you listen to Hip-Hop music, and you're not American, there will be no problem, but if you listen to Reggae and Dancehall, when you're not from African/Jamaican descent, it's different.What do you think the main reasons for this is?Why do you need to be a certain colour to listen to certain genres of music?Or do you just think it's ignorance?Discuss.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not about race anymore, its about who listened to what first. lol@ when certain heads say they heard certain tunes b4 me, i give them their free air time tbh
lol at people claimin its there tune, gettin excited bout showin it u like its new wen it was out last year vex's me

Nah nah i noticed the reason people call you out is cos you bring it up alll the timeLike your beggin it
I know lol, I like discussing music, I listen to it all day weather i'm at home, out, in the car whatever, I just like the discussion. If there was a Dancehall section this wouldn't happen :D

Guest David Braund

i cnt listen to metal/house/indie etceven Dancehall coz im African, maybe if i was West African then we could share some heritagebut naaahonly UK Hip Hop n grime when im ere

Yh its nuffin normally, but some clowns take it too far ,like say i saw a white guy who was fully on dancehall id think he was a bit of a fruitcake.Why do u ask anyway fam?
LolJuju keeps following me around the forum about it.But why would you say he was a fruitcake?What about an English person fully on hip-hop?

Yh its nuffin normally, but some clowns take it too far ,like say i saw a white guy who was fully on dancehall id think he was a bit of a fruitcake.Why do u ask anyway fam?
LolJuju keeps following me around the forum about it.But why would you say he was a fruitcake?What about an English person fully on hip-hop?
Music has racial ties as well as cultural ties.