Do You Have To Be A Certain Race/Nationality To Listen To Certain Music?

Stamina Man

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol @ this ever being an issuesuck your mum if you try to tell me sh*t bout i can't listen to the musicreminds me of one time at uni when we went to this barit was fulla chinese hoes so man thought i'll bop through see whats goodgot turfed for not being chinese...was sickman got scorted out skankin to Movado - Last Nightwas funny

A few people seem to be a bit angry because I listen to Dancehall music. And I am not black. :DSurely, ignorance like this shouldn't get in the way of enjoying the music you like?If you listen to Hip-Hop music, and you're not American, there will be no problem, but if you listen to Reggae and Dancehall, when you're not from African/Jamaican descent, it's different.What do you think the main reasons for this is?Why do you need to be a certain colour to listen to certain genres of music?Or do you just think it's ignorance?Discuss.
Nothing wrong but its iffy if you're the type of guy that then says "Im only attracted to black girls".Like I notice Tuggy man is the only white man in his whole vid.

in the white people versus dancehall argumenti'd agree that yes, it begs the question... "why would you you listen to it?"IMO the answer would be... "because it's f*ck*ng hilarious"seriously, Reggae culture is something white people do for jokes like putting on a funny hat for Carnival.
white people love to cat other peoples culture
:D

in the white people versus dancehall argumenti'd agree that yes, it begs the question... "why would you you listen to it?"IMO the answer would be... "because it's f*ck*ng hilarious"seriously, Reggae culture is something white people do for jokes like putting on a funny hat for Carnival.
some white people just simply listen to reggae when they are blazing, it adds to the whole blazified atmospherei don't listen to dancehall music because i don't understand it.

some white people just simply listen to reggae when they are blazing, it adds to the whole blazified atmospherei don't listen to dancehall music because i don't understand it.
Most White people listen to Reggae 'cause they like it Lulu. I think Creamy was messing about

Hunny I called you on the phone yesterdayyyyy and you didnt seem alright someone told me that your seeing someone elseand i know its only lies their spreading rumourssssssssssss about you girlthey only wanna break us downtheir spreading rumoursssssssss to tear us apartbut i'll love you from the depths of my heart*sways*

Guest Swiftie

I aint even read the 5 pages.. No need to..But hang tight these type of man dem...Ja Rasta FRIED RICE...awaits a ViP2 civil to kick offf.....

I aint even read the 5 pages.. No need to..But hang tight these type of man dem...Ja Rasta FRIED RICE...awaits a ViP2 civil to kick offf.....
He was a good comedian and could sing. Him taking the piss is flattering 'cause I couldnt tell you a sh*t about his music or even what countryhe's from lol. Them undefinable types there. Is he from East or West?

:D Oh dear, what have you done?!Speaking of this, I was watching AITMovistar (my new favourite channel) the other night, and I saw a music video by what can only be described as the African Bob Marley. He had the dreads, the movements/ dances, the vocal style and even the Wailers and I Threes. Does anyone know how this person is?

:D Oh dear, what have you done?!Speaking of this, I was watching AITMovistar (my new favourite channel) the other night, and I saw a music video by what can only be described as the African Bob Marley. He had the dreads, the movements/ dances, the vocal style and even the Wailers and I Threes. Does anyone know how this person is?
was it daddy showkey by any chance?

Stamina Man I was just playing with my comment before, I knew why you'd started this topic that's why I made that comment.To be honest though, I don't really get why people who arent jamaican would wanna listen to dancehall, imo its not great music and u have to be jamaican to appreciate it imo.The Asian thing is spot on though, you see asians slaying bait 50 cent or 2pac tracks out they're dads bmw and just think "d*cks".
smhIm not Jamo... I like dancehall and reggae.. thus I choose to listen to it... same way I'm not Asian... but you can catch me banging out some bangra.Iss not a ting.