Samples, VSTs, ReFills, FX etc.

Baroness.

Looking for some Asian or African drums/percussion...Also does anyone know if the bassline behind Luv Songs & Kellys 12 Play is a Sine or a 808? sounds sex
same thing bruhjust get the sine wave in a sampler, put attack really short, make it mono & bring release up a bit
swear an 808 drops in pitch over time.
not necessarily but if u want it to, change the portamento a bit then draw a silent note in after ur actually kick

• 2 weeks later...
ahh not sure about logic lol mistake on my part.Pretty sure the ones for logic are in the file name something looking like ''VSTi.RTAS.AU.MAC.OSX'' at the end
Pretty sure logicuses AU (audio unit) plug ins, which is the apple equivalent of steinberg's VST format. Also RTAS is for Pro Tools, although i'm sure ppl use vst's in logic. not really sure tbh. probably pointless making this post.

ok ok thanks, Im gonna have a few more questions about installations etc in the future cause im really new to software synths & stuff. I haven't actually got Logic as yet cause the disc I thought I was gonna use is no longer available so I now im looking at downloads. Any links? I've got Cubase but the comp it's on isn't powerful so proabably couldn't handle to many plug ins.

ahh not sure about logic lol mistake on my part.Pretty sure the ones for logic are in the file name something looking like ''VSTi.RTAS.AU.MAC.OSX'' at the end
Pretty sure logicuses AU (audio unit) plug ins, which is the apple equivalent of steinberg's VST format. Also RTAS is for Pro Tools, although i'm sure ppl use vst's in logic. not really sure tbh. probably pointless making this post.
logic just uses AU'su can get a VST to AU converter made by FXPansion but its kinda pointless coz it only works with mac VSTs which barely exist coz every1 knows ur only guna wana use plug-ins on logic so the developers just make AU versions insted

• 3 months later...

does anyone know a good vst filter i can use to recreate this effect:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzqszD1i29sthe ifltering on his voice that makes the lyrics inaudible, but without the autotunei need it 2 reduce section of a signal to silence, the 1s that come in cubase only go down to something like -25db

• 2 weeks later...
u sure he's not just mumbling? i'm not familiar with this type of effect, maybe it's a transient shaper, taking the attack off each word?
na there's lyrics and everything, i'll try the attach still. but i thought there were certain frequencies in words you have to hear to understand the word which were what he removed

u sure he's not just mumbling? i'm not familiar with this type of effect, maybe it's a transient shaper, taking the attack off each word?
na there's lyrics and everything, i'll try the attach still. but i thought there were certain frequencies in words you have to hear to understand the word which were what he removed
Well that would depend entirely on the pitch you were singing the vocal at, there are certain parts of a sound that determine its characteristics, take these away and it becomes difficult to differentiate between instruments. Plus if what you're saying were true, you'd get better results using an EQ with a low "Q" setting. If you were to use a low pass filter, the filter would remove ALL frequencies above the cutoff, not just one particular range, if you wanted to remove, say 500-650Hz from a sound it would be more accurate and easier than using a filter.

Well that would depend entirely on the pitch you were singing the vocal at, there are certain parts of a sound that determine its characteristics, take these away and it becomes difficult to differentiate between instruments. Plus if what you're saying were true, you'd get better results using an EQ with a low "Q" setting. If you were to use a low pass filter, the filter would remove ALL frequencies above the cutoff, not just one particular range, if you wanted to remove, say 500-650Hz from a sound it would be more accurate and easier than using a filter.
i tried with eq, it doesn't bring it down to zero, i need a filter that works like an eq but brings it all the way down to silence.

lol turns out he is saying something

I see your body lighting up in the moonlightAs a ghost storyyou jump in the moonlightI wanna feel you in the dark when you do rightDo right right there, there yeahhhAs in the dark you light up in the morningI'm single and I want that by all meansI'm single, and you got what and I want thatWant that right there, right there
On the description he says his is voice running through a very strict pitch correction processor, might want to try Waves Tune

lol turns out he is saying something

I see your body lighting up in the moonlightAs a ghost storyyou jump in the moonlightI wanna feel you in the dark when you do rightDo right right there, there yeahhhAs in the dark you light up in the morningI'm single and I want that by all meansI'm single, and you got what and I want thatWant that right there, right there
On the description he says his is voice running through a very strict pitch correction processor, might want to try Waves Tune
pitch correction wouldn't havethat effect on the vocals tho i'm sure, in fact there's a part there where he's singing and you can understand what he's saying, but you can still hear the pitch correction (2.40 onwards) and you can hear him saying something about "i don't know how to tell you so i tell you like this" and THEN he starts talking sh*t. Plus look what it says on the side of the vid:
Songwriters sometimes sing unintelligible syllables to lay down a guide melody during the creative process. Here's an amusing example of this with my voice running through a very strict pitch correction processor.
So i'm still not sure.

Also i don't understand the logic behind designing a filter that will have that effect on a voice when you could just mumble and get the same effect for free. Unless of course it's designed for filtering something else.

• 2 weeks later...