Academic Thread

Yoshie

Guest M12 Part 2

theres really no point. references are so someone else can see where you got your ideas from. Nobody has access to your previous work because its not been published or proven to be credible. This is why you're not meant to reference lecture slides and a lot of people criticise referencing certain websites like wiki for the same reason

saw a bunch of people come out of an exam today in my department and they all say they got completey screwed lol.

they all said that it was the worst exam they have ever sat, some people managed to answer most of the questions but everyone said they just bullshited and expect like 10-20% maximum lol. one guy said he just handed in a blank piece of paper for his exam!

apparently when the invigilator went outside for a bit, everyone in the exam room just burst out laughing and sh*t.

im so glad i didnt pick that option, i remember people tryna convince me aswell. f*ck that.

Dubby I have just been reading through your experiences of when starting uni and they weren't exactly positive. Now you've been in uni for a bit longer what would your opinion be on Bristol Uni and the Computer Science course ? I'm applying this year for the MEng CS and I have basically got an offer( just need to attend an open day) but I've been put off going there by your experiences and the price. Did things pick up ?

fam if you're basing your opinions solely on some random internet user's experiences i dnt think you're ready for uni

I'm not basing my judgement solely on his experience. I just wanna know if things picked up for him cause if I go there it is likely that my experience may be similar to his. I may be potentially spending 4 years there so I'm just doing my research about the place. Nothing wrong with that IMO. Plus the money factor atm is a bigger hindrance to me going there.

Dubby I have just been reading through your experiences of when starting uni and they weren't exactly positive. Now you've been in uni for a bit longer what would your opinion be on Bristol Uni and the Computer Science course ? I'm applying this year for the MEng CS and I have basically got an offer( just need to attend an open day) but I've been put off going there by your experiences and the price. Did things pick up ?

I like how things are now, the start of first year seemed long for me for several reasons.

Reasons I didn't enjoy first year:

-I didn't feel comfortable around a few groups of people I'd have to be around (either people in my halls or on my course)

-The lack of club nights suited to a hiphop fan that I could reach with the groups I was rolling with

-The lack of people on the same wavelength (ie the sort of people you could imagine catching joke on a VIP2 vibe)

Reasons I stuck with it:

-I made loads of friends

-I had loads of fun

-I'd already paid so much for the course/accommodation, it wouldn't be worth dropping out

-I could see a future career through my degree, that I would be content with

-Its one of the best universities in the country for my degree + connections

-I couldn't see myself benefiting from dropping out other than to not incur the fees

White people are different. I hate to generalise but they all roll the same in my halls.

Did this guy really think he could sit on my bed, buss a fart whilst sitting on my duvet and think I'd smile along with him about it? The way I had to tump him up in his pigeon chest.

Just general nastiness, wiping their bums on each others pillows, farting in someone's Bisto... some different breed of youth.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Lol that's standard egg chaser banter. Can't stand some of the rugby lads on my team. Who the f*ck wants to play 'gay chicken'?

Seriously walked in on my team mates playing gay chicken and one of them had to pull away first, whoever didn't pull away was the winner. That was their version of gay chicken. :lol:

Staying away from those 2 faggots after training.