Academic Thread

Yoshie

Guest phonecharger

football studies @ hertfordshire

i hear its a challenging course that boosts your career prospects and is respected by most employers

all in all its a great course to take in this current financial climate, definitely worth the 9grand

s

das

das

asd

you man need to get your head out of your arses. if he does his coaching certificates, there is a lot of prospects in teaching football in america etc, so stfu and research before shooting a man down.

lol what are you talking about?

completely separate issue doing certificates, which suggests he is trying to get into something practical something he can do without uni.

How exactly is 'football studies' going to help him achieve that goal? maybe if he targeted a niche uni which has strong links to a decent sized football club or links to the football associoation or whatever he deems useful.

going and spunking 27k on some bullshit course is not wise though tbh let bully explain for himself he's a grown man he don't need you trying to save him take off your cape.

• Upvote 1

lmao

/

History sounds sick and has loads of applicable skills, Jack mate whats the course saying? do they get you to find all your own case studies and write about them what is the structure like?

at sussex the course is very interesting. This past week i have mainly been focusing on the russian revolution but next week we are studying Machiavelli in one module... im looking forward to that

the course is largely essay based with a few exams in the summer

we havnt had to find our own case studies so far, but that may be the case later on this year or when i reach 3rd

there is still alot of independent research required tho(which is the case with most history degrees)

the workload is extremely high but it doesnt bother me too much because its a subject i actually enjoy and have a passion for

• Upvote 1

tbh you can have a degree in picking your nose

dont mean fuck all tbh

doesnt dictate the field you will go into

most employers just wanna see the BA/Bsc

/

YM.... would personally look into Sports Management.... puts you in a very strong position without relying on links bringing you in..... and if you can get experience coaching at a club and get above a FA level 2 badge.

in 3/4 years your prospects in the game will be very strong.

• Upvote 2