Academic Thread

Yoshie

Meh

/

FFS, my Communications Studies lecturer sucks. 2 page report (10% of unit) based on notes supposed to have taken in the lecture. Guy keeps going off topic that I don't know when I'm supposed to be taking notes or not, and looking at the brief (he sent us after the lecture, not before, the d*ck) I've been taking notes on everything but what I needed to. I might have to end up dropping this unit.

Yeah... there are no lecture notes, it was him describing his experiences as a film maker.

Only thing is throughout all the lectures so far he's kept going in and out of stories about his times as a film maker, so I didn't really know what was relevant when he started speaking about it.

I'll give him an email and hopefully he can shift the mark into the next assignment or something like that. His lack of reading material is quite annoying as well.

safe ice

Course overview

Southampton Solent University is one of the country’s leading centres for the academic study of football. The University has been providing training for the professional football industry, and undergraduate programmes for those seeking to enter it, for a number of years. During this time the University has developed extensive links with many of the game’s key stakeholders including; the Football Association, the Premier League, the League Managers Association, the Institute of Football Management and Administration, the Professional Footballers’ Association and many professional clubs. Our academic staff have excellent links within football. They have helped national teams prepare for World Cup Finals, have attended Parliament to discuss aspects of football with the Government, are regularly consulted by the professional industry, and run an academy in Africa.

The BA (Hons) Football Studies degree offers students a wide and varied range of opportunities during their three years of study. A focus is placed on both the practical and theoretical skills needed for developing future football professionals. These include all of the relevant coaching qualifications delivered by our own UEFA ‘A’ Licence Coach Educators, delivered alongside units in psychology, sociology, health and fitness, football development and research. The course also offers excellent work placement opportunities with professional clubs and organisations, and the opportunity to tap into the University’s extensive network of contacts in the game. When you finish this highly enjoyable and stimulating course you will be in the best possible position to secure a career in football.

Since 2003, BA (Hons) Football Studies and Football Studies with Business students have secured work-based learning opportunities, internships and full-time employment with a number of clubs and associations, which include: Premier League, Fulham FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC, Birmingham City FC, Newcastle United FC, West Ham Utd FC, Brighton & Hove Albion FC, Crystal Palace FC, Portsmouth FC, Reading FC, Southampton FC, AFC Bournemouth, Brentford FC, Aldershot Town FC, Northampton Town FC, Forest Green Rovers FC, Glentoran FC, Rhyl FC, Klepp Elite FC (Norway), FC Spartak Moscow, Lithuanian Football Federation, Latvian Football Federation, Major League Soccer, Sharjah FC (Dubai), among others.

Why choose this course?

An accredited centre for Football coaching with 1st4Sport and the FA

Students are taught by UEFA ‘A’ Licence Coach Educators and national Futsal Tutors.

Strong links with MLS Soccer Camps in the USA, where many are employed as coaches.

Home to the Lawrie McMenemy Centre for Football Research, one of the country’s leading research and consultancy centres for the professional industry.

lol isit really a bad a choice? bearing in mind the football background i have and the fact i already have a level 2 badge?

Guest M12 Part 2

safe ice

Course overview

Southampton Solent University is one of the country’s leading centres for the academic study of football. The University has been providing training for the professional football industry, and undergraduate programmes for those seeking to enter it, for a number of years. During this time the University has developed extensive links with many of the game’s key stakeholders including; the Football Association, the Premier League, the League Managers Association, the Institute of Football Management and Administration, the Professional Footballers’ Association and many professional clubs. Our academic staff have excellent links within football. They have helped national teams prepare for World Cup Finals, have attended Parliament to discuss aspects of football with the Government, are regularly consulted by the professional industry, and run an academy in Africa.

The BA (Hons) Football Studies degree offers students a wide and varied range of opportunities during their three years of study. A focus is placed on both the practical and theoretical skills needed for developing future football professionals. These include all of the relevant coaching qualifications delivered by our own UEFA ‘A’ Licence Coach Educators, delivered alongside units in psychology, sociology, health and fitness, football development and research. The course also offers excellent work placement opportunities with professional clubs and organisations, and the opportunity to tap into the University’s extensive network of contacts in the game. When you finish this highly enjoyable and stimulating course you will be in the best possible position to secure a career in football.

Since 2003, BA (Hons) Football Studies and Football Studies with Business students have secured work-based learning opportunities, internships and full-time employment with a number of clubs and associations, which include: Premier League, Fulham FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC, Birmingham City FC, Newcastle United FC, West Ham Utd FC, Brighton & Hove Albion FC, Crystal Palace FC, Portsmouth FC, Reading FC, Southampton FC, AFC Bournemouth, Brentford FC, Aldershot Town FC, Northampton Town FC, Forest Green Rovers FC, Glentoran FC, Rhyl FC, Klepp Elite FC (Norway), FC Spartak Moscow, Lithuanian Football Federation, Latvian Football Federation, Major League Soccer, Sharjah FC (Dubai), among others.

Why choose this course?

Students are taught by UEFA ‘A’ Licence Coach Educators and national Futsal Tutors.

Strong links with MLS Soccer Camps in the USA, where many are employed as coaches.

Home to the Lawrie McMenemy Centre for Football Research, one of the country’s leading research and consultancy centres for the professional industry.

lol isit really a bad a choice? bearing in mind the football background i have and the fact i already have a level 2 badge?

Football ain't an industry you get into through academics. It's all about networking. Most agents/coaches/managers etc are friends an relatives of people already in the game. It's not a ting where you get in by uploading your cv and doing interviews.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

safe ice

Course overview

Why choose this course?

Football ain't an industry you get into through academics. It's all about networking. Most agents/coaches/managers etc are friends an relatives of people already in the game. It's not a ting where you get in by uploading your cv and doing interviews.

You also have to take into account that Southampton Solent is a steaming shithole. I did my degree there. It sucks a bears d*ck.

Started applying for internships today. Applied to 4 so far, spent the last week just doing basic preparation (CV etc). I was going to get it sorted towards end of November but I felt pressurised by people on my course having already applied. One secured an Ernst & Young internship sorted 3 weeks ago!

Started applying for internships today. Applied to 4 so far, spent the last week just doing basic preparation (CV etc). I was going to get it sorted towards end of November but I felt pressurised by people on my course having already applied. One secured an Ernst & Young internship sorted 3 weeks ago!

ive started doing mine as well, aprat from i aint sent any off yet, but ive finally finished my cv and cover letter

http://www.studentjob.co.uk

this site is quite good btw

Guest phonecharger

pmsl

theres some d*ckheads on gumtree posting up fake job ads then emailing you some days later saying uve been shortlisted, then asking you to download there "application pack"

very clever i must say

Guest phonecharger

ive started doing mine as well, aprat from i aint sent any off yet, but ive finally finished my cv and cover letter

argh fek

was thhinking of creating a simlar website last year

safe ice

Course overview

Why choose this course?

!

argh fek

was thhinking of creating a simlar website last year

whats stopping u? that website is so undercover

go for it