Academic Thread

Yoshie

If you need AAA for a uni, and you get AAB at AS and repeat the module in january and you're predicted an A for it. Can you get a conditional?
There's no strict structure for conditional offers. It depends how the uni feel about you and your personal statement etc but there's definitely no reason you couldn't. You don't necessarily have to get the conditional offer grades at AS. I didn't.
I swear guys should just ask their teachers about this kinda stuff. Makes me wonder how some people even get through college etc. No fackin initiative.
Are you Gray Fox? You remind me of him in the way that you try too hard to ensure everybody knows you're intellectual. It's a bit irritating really. This guy's obviously a kid, if he wants to ask questions to be sure then let him.

If you need AAA for a uni, and you get AAB at AS and repeat the module in january and you're predicted an A for it. Can you get a conditional?
There's no strict structure for conditional offers. It depends how the uni feel about you and your personal statement etc but there's definitely no reason you couldn't. You don't necessarily have to get the conditional offer grades at AS. I didn't.
I swear guys should just ask their teachers about this kinda stuff. Makes me wonder how some people even get through college etc. No fackin initiative.
I've asked everyone really I just need constant reassurance so relax yourself.
SKEEENOUS. Psychologist is you.
Fair enough but with doubts regarding something which generally does determine the rest of my life I'd like as much assurance as possible and if you can't deal with that then put me on an ignore list or something, you're not gonna get any lol's or :D these badboys so mindout innit. You generally do come across as a d*ckhead, some sort of psuedo intellectual who knows just enough to blag but if the conversation takes longer than say I don't know the time it takes to prepare a rustlers hamburger on a 1800 watt microwave so help you God. Truley I dunno why I'm wasting precious time speaking to you when I could be doing something more important like flipping through prospectuses, a side of quantum physics or if you're who I think you're organizing a rave. Well maybe not the last one but you get my point. Thank you and f*ck off.
I come across as a d*ckhead because like you waste my f*ck*ng e-reading time with your constant banal requests. As for pseudo-intellectual, I can live with you thinking I'm one of those.
u are bein a d*ckhead thoughhis just askin a question, and its not even like its a stupid question.Jubezmost uni's work on a one grade lee-way systemmeaning that if u slip by one grade, most uni's will allow ubut if u missed yur required grade by more than that, thats when it gets abit greymind u, i said MOSTWarwick felt no way to dark me for a one grade slip

Are you Gray Fox? You remind me of him in the way that you try too hard to ensure everybody knows you're intellectual. It's a bit irritating really. This guy's obviously a kid, if he wants to ask questions to be sure then let him.
Meh, I can live with you hating.I'll probably hire you as my accountant still.

Lol at you not understanding what a chartered accountant does.

Lol at you not understanding what a chartered accountant does.
LOL @ you not getting the implicit send. Also, LOL @ you thinking anyone cares what a chartered accountant does. Any establishment job to make up for the fact that you can't make front office.

one boy I know in the year above just called and told me he got a third....a third!!He is actually pissed for life.Basically he got a decent-ish job 2weeks ago related to his degree BUT it was under false pretences BECAUSE he told them he was expecting an atilla (2:1).He doesn't like it there but he can't quit because if he does NO-ONE will employ him with that classification.All that student debt for nothing...the real-world is gonna be difficult for him now.

Boy, best thing I can say is aim as high as possible, but if you do come out with something lower, just bite the bullet and grind to get where you want to get.Not about being negative and acting like your life is over if you don't achieve a 2:1. Do that and you have wasted time that could have been used to make moves. All about trying to be the exception if the rule doesn't work in your favour.

Boy, best thing I can say is aim as high as possible, but if you do come out with something lower, just bite the bullet and grind to get where you want to get.Not about being negative and acting like your life is over if you don't achieve a 2:1. Do that and you have wasted time that could have been used to make moves. All about trying to be the exception if the rule doesn't work in your favour.
Good advice...

What I am curious about though, did anyone have a serious idea of the grade they were getting after finishing second year, but when it came to final year, it just changed drastically?I know the workload increses, as does the difficulty, but is it that different? Were people on 2:1s or 1sts, but then got to third year and the grade dropped to a 3rd/2:2 respectively?Right now I'm on a good comfortable 2:1, and am aiming for a 1st which is very possible. Just need to prepare myself mentally as much as possible for the knuckling down.

Really? I need to make a sick personal statement and find out about the interview process thanks
u are bein a d*ckhead thoughhis just askin a question, and its not even like its a stupid question.Jubezmost uni's work on a one grade lee-way systemmeaning that if u slip by one grade, most uni's will allow ubut if u missed yur required grade by more than that, thats when it gets abit greymind u, i said MOSTWarwick felt no way to dark me for a one grade slip
I'm not aiming as high as Warwick so that's alright then, where did u end up going?