Academic Thread

Yoshie

You sort those tickets out Jubez?
Yeah lol £17.30 coach, gotta get up to Victoria at 5:15 though, some f*ckery 5 hour journey.
UEA tomoz actual trek. Gonna do the course then Law conversion need ABB which I've easily got, I'm sorted.
You're gonna do what?
Gonna do American Studies/Literature with Creative Writing for 3 years then a Law conversion course.
Sounds like a good plan. Just be aware that by then, the elitism stakes are gonna have moved to another level. I don't mean to add pressure, but you really need to work like a c*nt and get a first class degree. Take it from someone who knows how the legal profession works.
Yeah I am going to work my arse off, you into Law? Where did you study an that?
How u find it Jubez?
THE GIRLS ARE SO BUFF IT WAS HEAVEN.Real talk I loved it. Only thing was the black count was abit low at the start, started to see alot more before I left, was you there?

Yeah lol £17.30 coach, gotta get up to Victoria at 5:15 though, some f*ckery 5 hour journey.
UEA tomoz actual trek. Gonna do the course then Law conversion need ABB which I've easily got, I'm sorted.
You're gonna do what?
Gonna do American Studies/Literature with Creative Writing for 3 years then a Law conversion course.
Sounds like a good plan. Just be aware that by then, the elitism stakes are gonna have moved to another level. I don't mean to add pressure, but you really need to work like a c*nt and get a first class degree. Take it from someone who knows how the legal profession works.
How u find it Jubez?
THE GIRLS ARE SO BUFF IT WAS HEAVEN.Real talk I loved it. Only thing was the black count was abit low at the start, started to see alot more before I left, was you there?
LOL did a little black girl tkae u around?nah i wasnt there, back at home.

You're gonna do what?
How u find it Jubez?
Nah but I did see a little black girl in the blue EMA T-Shirt, not Aisha.what is the black quota like on a real?

You're gonna do what?
How u find it Jubez?
Nah but I did see a little black girl in the blue EMA T-Shirt, not Aisha.what is the black quota like on a real?
Hmm, there isnt a huge amount. But there are a fair few, each year more seem to come through.

You're gonna do what?
How u find it Jubez?
Hmm, there isnt a huge amount. But there are a fair few, each year more seem to come through.
EMA T-Shirt I was lean that night UEA sorry.

has anyone got their degree grades online yet?
Yeah.Got a middle range 2:1 for second year.There was a topic for it a while ago.
well done keep that up. as my final grade i got a 2:2. coulda got a 2:1 if i worked harder but considering i slacked i done aighttt.

people who graduated what are you doing next year?i feel to just work for a year and apply for my thing next winter/spring. im too shook to go against the reccomended advice and do certain things which could backfire in terms of debt and time spent so i think i will take the safe n easy route

Pretty sure I'm going to do an Accountancy course after graduation. Perhaps not straight away. Might work for a year and then pursue it seeing as it's part time anyways. But right now, my mindstate is 90% set on taking the course.

Anyone going to that Pure Potential thing at Imperial tomorrow?
what was it sayin?
Some good tips for the personal statement but the rest was kinda deadout, some nice girls about tho (much better compared to the actual Imperial open day). Was jokes going around central with about 30 of us 6th form heads tho.

Pretty sure I'm going to do an Accountancy course after graduation. Perhaps not straight away. Might work for a year and then pursue it seeing as it's part time anyways. But right now, my mindstate is 90% set on taking the course.
Which course?
An ACCA course. You study part time and take exams and after completion you can apply for membership to the ACCA.http://www.acca.org.uk/join/acca/I actually was going to ask you about Accountancy still since I think that's what you are going into. and I may still ask you some questions.I am going to do it between 6 and 12 months after I graduate unless I find an avenue into a sector of the Financial Services I want to work in.

Yeah I think I'm gonna do an ACCA. I know quite a lot about this stuff as I researched it to the high heavens when it was part of my plan. Was gonna do an ACA. You know these things usually take a few years? And cost a BOMB! It's best to get on a gradscheme and get sponsored to do it. If you don't wanna do it straight off then in the Sept-Oct after you graduate just do sh*t loads of applications for the next Sept start. Then just chill. By shitloads I mean 30+. It will take you a long time but if you're not doing anything then there's no reason not to.I would also suggest sending a test batch first. Application forms are almost like a formula. When you have it right, 90% of places will invite you to interview. If you get rejected from your first 5 then you need to look at what you're writing on your app forms and change it up.

Safe for that.I looked at the costs though, it says the exams are like between £45 and £70 (each I'm assuming). Seems a bit fishy, but I always planned to phone up and clarify anyways. I don't mind the few years thing. I've got goals and I'm prepared to grind to get them. Plus, to have a skill like Accountancy on your side is the one seeing as Accountants are always needed and the skill can be transferred to almost any industry.As for the applications I will get on that.

I looked at the costs though, it says the exams are like between £45 and £70 (each I'm assuming). Seems a bit fishy, but I always planned to phone up and clarify anyways. I don't mind the few years thing. I've got goals and I'm prepared to grind to get them. Plus, to have a skill like Accountancy on your side is the one seeing as Accountants are always needed and the skill can be transferred to almost any industry.
Truth.

Safe for that.I looked at the costs though, it says the exams are like between £45 and £70 (each I'm assuming). Seems a bit fishy, but I always planned to phone up and clarify anyways. I don't mind the few years thing. I've got goals and I'm prepared to grind to get them. Plus, to have a skill like Accountancy on your side is the one seeing as Accountants are always needed and the skill can be transferred to almost any industry.As for the applications I will get on that.
It's very true. What I would say is, if you get a 2:1, do an ACA. It's a bit more work, it's harder and it cost a little bit more but once you've got it you can do ANYTHING coz it's respected that much.