Academic Thread

Yoshie

i hate it though when you get those who push the workload even when the team is working. especially when its hard stuff as it is. i get that they wanna boost efficiency and stuff but it is a pain in the ass when your putting in effort and they are going on like your not. usually its cos their level of working and general efficiency is higher than others and they try to get others to match those levels but they just dont get it, that not everyone is capable of the same.

Occam is such a horrible language. I don't understand why they'd make us use a language that no one uses anymore, which has virtually no documentation or discussion available online.

Its like yeah this is where parallel programming started, and yeah the inventor of the language is a part of the uni, but the same guy has since developed another language with another guy from the uni which is more commonly used. Hell, Google have developed their own language. But nah, you wanna go with some outdated, unused, undocumented crap. Pricks.

Revision's driving me nuts

it always does. so glad this will be my last time.

It's never your last time. There's always some qualification you need to revise for.

its the last time for me at uni anyways. i know theres professional exams i might take, but right now im happy being ignorant and thinking its my last time so let me enjoy that lol.

i reckon revising for professional qualifications might be easier though. obviously time wise it might not be if your working aswell, but at uni im usually revising for like 6 modules at a time and its always ridiculously hard sh*t. cant see some of professional exams being as hard, especially since some of them are multiple choice. but i suppose they make up for that with the extremely high pass marks.

forgot to say what i came into this topic for.

basically revising actually drove me mad just now, so yoshie is right lol. with nobody in the house and me trying to go through notes as fast as i could (because im gonna be busy later) i started mumbling and spewing bare jibberish, dont even know why. was playin a bit of music in the background to get me working faster and started goin a bit skitz to that aswell LOL. stopped for a second and laughed after realising what a loon ive become because of revising, luckily nobody saw me :lol:

17th it starts but I'm thinking go back this weekend 'cause all the other unis start next week.

This break has been such a waste of time.

if you can afford to waste time then do so! id give anything for some time to waste at the moment. since october i havent had a day where i havent got things to do and since november my entire day has been consumed by uni work.

fml.

i need to start applying for more internships and less grad schemes, they take ages..

bit late tho init? i suppose it depends on the companies and when they recruit. even if there arent strict deadlines a lot of companies do their first stages of recruiting before the new year and those who dont have a back log of applications to sift through by now.

17th it starts but I'm thinking go back this weekend 'cause all the other unis start next week.

This break has been such a waste of time.

if you can afford to waste time then do so! id give anything for some time to waste at the moment. since october i havent had a day where i havent got things to do and since november my entire day has been consumed by uni work.

fml.

Its not even that man, I've wasted time I could have wasted properly: by working for minimum wage in the evenings - when I could be like spending time with friends or pursuing a proper side career, or even doing stuff I can only do back in London (studio, etc).

Like it messes up my sleeping pattern, I'm not productive after, I've not been able to reach 75% of meet ups, and for what... a few hundred over the course of a few weeks.