Academic Thread

Yoshie

Guest M12 Part 2

There's no shame in resitting or changing your a levels. It's much better to resit and get ABB or whatever and go to a solid uni 1 year later Than it is to stick with CCC type grades and go to a uni like Luton, DMU or Herts.

There's no shame in resitting or changing your a levels. It's much better to resit and get ABB or whatever and go to a solid uni 1 year later Than it is to stick with CCC type grades and go to a uni like Luton, DMU or Herts.

Yeah you got a point, but i don't want to do another year in my college to be honest. Also its already half way so its a bit too late for that.

I'll go to Herts or Brunel, my other option is SOAS but i have a slim chance of getting in.

If they're applying now then they're going for pre-Tory prices.

Either way I'd say don't bother going to either unis unless you're looking to put in 100% from the start. 'cause you better be more than aware that those names won't get you anywhere

I hear you unfortunately i didn't do as good as i was meant to in my first year of A-levels, and to be honest for the subject i'm studying looking at the Guardian league tables(i know its not 100% accurate) it was ranked pretty highly, to be honest i could always do my masters somewhere else if anything. Also if i get a first at said Uni i'm sure i would be in a better position than someone who gets a 2.1 or 2.2 in another more prestigious Uni?

What Uni do you got to if i may ask?

Bristol

I'm not 100% sure but I'm under the impression I'd be more likely to get a job with a 2-1 than a Brunel student with a First.

From what I've been told, many employers first look at where you got your degree before what you got. Then again experience seems to be the main thing that separates candidates nowadays.

is it bad to fail any of your 1st year exams

Philosophically: There is no correct answer, arguments can be made for either side.

Reality: It depends on what you want to do.

More info needed.

It won't be on your record, but yeah, it kinda shows that you haven't been putting in enough time/effort or you are having trouble with your course.

In regards to outside perception and overall result, nah, not really. You can make up for it and proceed to your second year, it will just take more of an effort.

I swear making lists is helping me sort my life out

Making them bare. Stuff to do, stuff to buy, places to go. Prioritising when money comes in. Not being able to drink also increases my productivity and disposable income. come last exam Thursday it's all gonna go nuts though

Making them bare. Stuff to do, stuff to buy, places to go. Prioritising when money comes in. Not being able to drink also increases my productivity and disposable income. come last exam Thursday it's all gonna go nuts though

Props and c/s

I got the balance so wrong last semester, all about time management now.

Props and c/s

I got the balance so wrong last semester, all about time management now.

DAN FROM ROUND IN MERIDAN

DAN....

TOP GUYS I SWING DEM

DAN....

DONT EAT p*ssy

MAN DONT YAM

GO ABROAD FOR DOUGH THATS MA PLAN

FLY OUT FOR BUSINESS DONT NEED A TAN

DRIVE ANY CAR NUH CARE BOUT NUH BAN

FEDS TRY CATCH ME WITH A RED HAND

BUT THEY CANT CATCH

dan-in-street-fighter-alpha.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Nah man, town having a Jamaican community means you can get a bless trim.

One shop called Pablos in Easton, you'll catch joke as well, you'll probably be at the Frenchay campus, but there's a university bus from there (UWE have their own bus network) that will drop you right in front.