Academic Thread

Yoshie

Dunno if it's just my uni but it seems to have become acceptable now for people to sit in classes/seminars (not even lectures) and sit there tapping away on their blackberries right in front of the teacher while they are talking. Some unbelievably rude behaviour.

as long as they aint disturbing others or stopping the lecturer from giving the lecture properly to everyone, i dont see the problem.

most lecturers wouldnt care i reckon.

im' not talking about lecturers

i'm talking about classes, where there's like 6 people in a clas with a teacher sat right in front of us trying to have a discussion and 2 people are just constantly playing with their phones

seen thats a bit different then. but i guess its down to the individuals really, if they don't wanna take part in the discussion or engage with the class then thats their choice. its kind of a waste of time for them to go if they aint really making use of the class, but still. i dunno how they wouldnt feel awkward tho just ignoring whats going on when there is only a few people there lol.

Dunno if it's just my uni but it seems to have become acceptable now for people to sit in classes/seminars (not even lectures) and sit there tapping away on their blackberries right in front of the teacher while they are talking. Some unbelievably rude behaviour.

yeah I see this in seminars too, so rude.. but then they wonder why they get bad marks on assignments.. up to them, it's their problem tbh

jj ur from midlands right ? what u know about the area of walsall and wolvehampton ?

Yeah, not too much. I've been to both briefly. Walsall is a sleepy town with not much going on, famed for its weekend markets.

Wolverhampton is a bit of a shithole, got City status about a decade back and things are improving. Has a metro that goes right into Birmingham (which is where you'd spend the majority of your time if you lived there probably). Accent is horrific though.

Why, you moving up here?

jj ur from midlands right ? what u know about the area of walsall and wolvehampton ?

Yeah, not too much. I've been to both briefly. Walsall is a sleepy town with not much going on, famed for its weekend markets.

is a bit of a shithole, got City status about a decade back and things are improving. Has a metro that goes right into Birmingham (which is where you'd spend the majority of your time if you lived there probably). Accent is horrific though.

Why, you moving up here?

not sure Wolverhampton uni one of my choices, but the campus is based walsall

starting my final project now. after exams my motivation to do work is at an all time low, that and i dont have an interest in what im doing at all. just gonna try to do the best I can because this is the most important part of my degree. don't really know what im gonna do though, i've got a rough idea as to what needs to be done but from the few things that i have made a start on none of it seems to be going right lol. also just running time wasting tasks at the moment organising my experiment and the staff all assume i know what im doing but i don't have a clue and i thought they would be able to tell me lol. hate all the uncertainty and lack of support, but watever it will all be over soon.