Academic Thread

Yoshie

so i apply to University College Birmingham and i just got a Conditional, but on the entry requirements before you apply they ask for C in Maths and English..but i aint got a C maths and im not even re taking it...but they wrote nothing about it on the Conditions..just said i need 200 points..so would they ask for it later or they just didnt care...because tbh i expect to get decline from them.

when they say btec first count as 4 gcse, do unis take that as well..cause i got a btec first as well

Whatever their offer is is what you're going by, not their prospectus. BTEC does count for UCAS but you need to check for how many points exactly.

/

Don't you guys just hate it when your feedback is pretty much everything correct except one or two things, yet you still only get 65/100 :/ This term I need to step up my game proper if I really want this first.

Maths question:

you see the T at the end of this, what does it actually mean? like I know when I see it in variance/covariance it means I have to represent it as vectors or whatever - but I don't actually know what it means

1811f942680a72974597be42c28d31d2.png

lol it means transpose, i.e. you swap the dimensions of the vector/matrix so it can multiply with itself properly.

• Upvote 1

Safe @ Spiderman. I have actually been doing matrices for the last 3 years, I definitely should have known that lol.

/

Ergh, the feeling when a potential employer asks you about your previous module marks :/ This years grades have been bless though. I should technically be getting more than 100% on one of my assignments (due to group grade weightings) although that probably won't pass lol.

Safe @ Spiderman. I have actually been doing matrices for the last 3 years, I definitely should have known that lol.

/

Ergh, the feeling when a potential employer asks you about your previous module marks :/ This years grades have been bless though. I should technically be getting more than 100% on one of my assignments (due to group grade weightings) although that probably won't pass lol.

What employers ask you about module marks? Most care strictly about overall grade. Only time module marks have been mentioned is in application forms and even then the modules you write down are at your discression.

/

What employers ask you about module marks? Most care strictly about overall grade. Only time module marks have been mentioned is in application forms and even then the modules you write down are at your discression.

i've been asked in an interview about module marks.

depends on the job. if the area your applying for correlates to your modules then it may well be brought up.

Its one e-commerce software company. I think 'cause the guys who started up the company used to go to this uni, asked me what lecturer was my favourite and all.

that reminds me of when I got asked in an interview what modules I liked. then he started mentioning modules I did and asked whether I disliked them or liked them. I just started going on about how well I did in some that he mentioned..

he then stopped me and said that he wanted to know if I liked them, not if i did well..lol. i then realised the truth came out, because I dont actually like any uni work, interesting subject or not. its just tasks that need to be done in my opinion. its like asking me what chores i like doing around the house or something silly.

Offered a place on LPC at College of law next year.

More punishment to my fragile mind and even more money. They don't make this sh*t easy.

Well done.

Do you have a TC? PM me if you want, I *might* be able to offer you some candid words.

Offered a place on LPC at College of law next year.

More punishment to my fragile mind and even more money. They don't make this sh*t easy.

Well done.

Do you have a TC? PM me if you want, I *might* be able to offer you some candid words.

Cheers and to DKY!

Applying now at (Civil Liberty/Human Rights, Criminal firms).. don't think I have questions at the minute, but if you have any advice just drop me a message, always glad to have some extra tips.

/

i've been asked in an interview about module marks.

depends on the job. if the area your applying for correlates to your modules then it may well be brought up.

Yeah guess it make sense but I always though module choices only mattered for PhD positions. I've been interviewed for scientific and business jobs and its never come up once. Ended up with just standard variations of "what can you tell me about...", "what would happen if..." or " what do you find interesting about..." and an interrogation afterwards. Made me feel like choosing difficult modules was pointless.