Academic Thread

Yoshie

Feels so good to be back studying, even more so because it's something that is going to be of so much use sooner or later in this country or the next. What makes it even better, is I'm picking it all up so quickly. Would say I wish I jumped on the accountancy thing earlier, but everything happens for a reason and it made me who I am today.

Is it the aat ur doing?

So thats me ready to go;

2 essays x 3000 words on Cinema History

2 essays x 3000 words on Film Narrative and Genre

A 10 minute script of a scene for a TV show or Film (75%) + an evaluation which needs to be around 1000 words (25%) + 3 assignments on characters, storyline and the scene (Not worth any percentages but needs to be done to complete the module).

Long 2nd year ahead.

good Gawd

best of luck

Feels so good to be back studying, even more so because it's something that is going to be of so much use sooner or later in this country or the next. What makes it even better, is I'm picking it all up so quickly. Would say I wish I jumped on the accountancy thing earlier, but everything happens for a reason and it made me who I am today.

Is it the aat ur doing?

Yeah. I'm doing a Level 2 fast track.

I don't really see much changing between this year and last year despite me moving in with friends. Just shifting the circle a bit.

Still tryna motivate people to go to proper music nights and most likely failing. One live rap show with 4/5 artists got turned down "I don't know any of the artists", just suggested one big night that says "garage, dancehall and bashment" and I get a "I dunno man" response - like how often do clubs round here even play bashment? Pff. People just aren't about it here.

• Downvote 1

Guest M12 Part 2

my flatmates are fucking dead out. actually deading my uni experience, and my course mates aint saying much neither, fuck it, looks like ill just stick to beating chicks and doing my thing.

dun kno brudda

dont chat to any of the niggas at my uni

apart from my darg who i knew b4

your wasting your time with this kinda attitude.

Go and join the acs/football team/uni gym or just anything where you can meet new people. Your uni life will be dead if your circle doesnt expand. If your boy drops out/fails/gets a girl you will end up with a shit uni life.

If you go to most unis you should be able to find people you can relate to on some level.

Sign up to ACS, if just for the mailing list, you'll miss career opportunities otherwise.

:lol:

What ACS do you know that actively provides career opportunities? To find joining the ACS worth it, it needs to be run by a group of people that are determined to really make it work for more than just parties, debates about black men not going down, and what makes a man a wasteman.

I know what it feels like when you can't get on with housemates or really find people you can relate to, but they will be out there. You will find common ground and just get an opportunity to experience some things you generally wouldn't. Embrace it man.

Sign up to ACS, if just for the mailing list, you'll miss career opportunities otherwise.

:lol:

What ACS do you know that actively provides career opportunities? To find joining the ACS worth it, it needs to be run by a group of people that are determined to really make it work for more than just parties, debates about black men not going down, and what makes a man a wasteman.

My bad, must just be my ACS then.

Big companies don't contact you directly to let you know they have programmes for ethnic minorities. They will let you know through the ACS or possibly through the careeers department of your uni. My ACS has had talks given to them by Deloitte, and I wouldn't know about Google's mentoring programme without them.