Academic Thread

Yoshie

anyone here done a zenos course?

looking to do a placement years this year, but its not looking good, im getting no e-mails back, nothing.

so im thinking of doing this zenos course for 6 months which i get paid £100 a week, an get a qualification in being a IT technician, then maybe get a job for the other 6 months until i go back to uni to finish my 3rd year

Urgh handed in my first essay on Friday night, totally blew it. Had all the ideas, was all well thought out with a good plan in mind then what happens when the writing is ready? Everything in my personal life, work, money and myself all went tits up. Tried working on it but nothing that I wanted to put down would show, over-thought the work and just couldn't deal with what was going on. So I have to give my lecturer an email about my problems which will be taken into consideration.

Other than that, started a piece on Science-Fiction and Horror, how they are similar etc, 700 words so far, really need to draw on quotes etc more than ever now. Decided to scrap my cognitive approach essay, I couldn't get my head around it at all, also this one I had started researching on postmodernism.

Was given back both my 2 minute script, scene by scene breakdown (beat sheet) for screenwriting. The script she enjoyed and was very good, just didn't nail the turning point enough. The beat sheet well wrote and a very strong story, so thats something to be proud of this year at uni, ideas now are flowing for my 10 minute script (12 pages). This is just one I have in mind.

Its about a guy who lives a normal life, engaged to his partner of 5 years. One night he went out with some friends, ended up getting drunk, his drink was spiked and ends up in bed with a pair of twins. They accuse him of raping them during the night. The script will start with him in his flat looking out the window wondering and questioning himself about what has gone on, YOU as the audience begin to question him as he brings up various problems and situations that have occured. I'm looking to write an end where you don't know if he kills himself or survives and fights the case.

• Upvote 2

Had an alright exam paper yesterday. Could've easily got around the 70% mark. 2-3 minutes before the exam I noticed I wrote one figure down incorrectly by accident and it basically cost me 15-20 marks. :/

I panicked CRAZY. Felt pretty sh*t in those last remaining minutes; I didn't get time to fully redo and amongst the panic I scribbled out the previous workings.

Exam tomorrow to complete a hat trick of exams in three days, whoevers idea it was to put them this close together is a c*nt.

So hard to come out of a finance exam and switch my brain into Combinatorics mode etc.

Sundays football is a f*ck*ng bonus though, keeping me from going insane

• 2 weeks later...