Academic Thread

Yoshie

Lol found sh*t loads of stuff going through old school books.

Any of you still have the books you learnt to write in? Can't believe some of the craziness in there

Yeah, found a load of old school books recently.

Read my brothers, he would type out first-middle-second names referring to me/my brother whenever we're referenced trying to fill up the word count.

Some of the stuff he put was gold

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Officially AAT qualified as of today.  Have more than enough experience to get member status to give me more freedom if I want to go the self employed route but still want to get more experience learning more about the craft and the subtle nuances that separate your everyday accountant from the ones that command high fees for a reason.  Submitting my proposal hopefully next week for my ACCA to be sponsored.  As much as I really hate this company, if they pay for it, I will humble myself and ride it out for the whole time.  If not, I'm jumping ship asap.

My man.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

So whilst I don't have confirmation in writing, due to the weasel nature of some directors in the company backfiring on them, I should be getting my ACCA sponsored.  Still have to submit a proposal but pretty much its there from February due to them being caught with egg on their face.  Got to hope nothing fucks up between now and February.

Thanks Carlos.  Been a long hard slog but definitely worth it.