Academic Thread

Yoshie

What's the best Maths course to do?Just normal straight Maths.Think the course code is like G100 on Ucas website.
Yeah I do G100, straight maths. I would say it's the best Maths course. I guess you could do it with a language if you're doing a language at A Level but not necessary really.
How far in the course are you?What opportunities will it give you once you've left Uni.Sorry 'bout all the questions, just tryna be sure what course I wanna do and where..

Chances are by the time you've finished your first year and you've found out how complicated and long of a process transferring is, you wouldn't want to.
thas what i thought still, LLOW all this sh*t though seriously what the point of me going uni if its to sume next rebore 'uni'i was aiming at redbrick/warwick, i kinda regret rejecting leeds but seriously i don't think im gonna get AABahf*ck THIS sh*t, i duno if the debt is worth this unii duno what to do really...start full time work or go ''uni''

O yerMy bredrin was tryna tell me, your college is liable for your travel costs to universities.Not sure 100% but defo check it outedit: on trips for open days that is.
You kidding me?I got a school trip that I'm paying for to an open day.Got about 8 I wanna go see :D

O yerMy bredrin was tryna tell me, your college is liable for your travel costs to universities.Not sure 100% but defo check it outedit: on trips for open days that is.
You kidding me?I got a school trip that I'm paying for to an open day.Got about 8 I wanna go see :D
llollYou defo don't go to college in the bits.

llollYou defo don't go to college in the bits.
Defo.

true that, but i duno man my brain is tired of all this sh*t its f*ckin stressin me out im like thinkin if i go leeds/exeter gettin work on the side in relation to what im studyin is gonna be hard...or is it i mean will the UNIS REP speak for itself or will my work have to do the talkin. if its my work thats doing the talkin than really the UNI doesn't matter too much unless its got piss poor education and facilities, which i saw westminster was ok on. but really this is all stupid i should just chill till my results come and if i get AAB than ill try something through clearin, there loads of unis i will try. and theres even loads of english courses that i can start on and switch up to english lit after the first yearand if all that fails OR if i get bcc....than i got westminster init

ANYONE ON HERE STUDIED JOURNALISM/ A JOURNALIST/ WANTING TO BE ONE?I heard Bournemouth is the best for Journalism but I also heard don't really need to go Uni. Anyone here got any contacts?
Dunno what type of journalism you wanna do but the BBC and Daily Telegraph and people don't give a f*ck about people with journalism degrees, they recruit English and History etc. graduates from Oxford and Cambridge and them type of places.
I'm looking more at Magazine Journalism like interviews product tests etc. I wanna go uni cos Office Environment is not for me while I'm still a teen. My work experience was ok -What Digital Camera Magazine- but i wanna wait a few years.I know it won't be easy to get into but its all I wanna do. Maybe not a Journalism course but maybe Creative WritingCan't see myself doing English after next year, haven't done History in 3 Years, and I'm not getting straight A's or going Oxbridge. Anyone reaching Manchester Open Day on Friday?

What's the best Maths course to do?Just normal straight Maths.Think the course code is like G100 on Ucas website.
Yeah I do G100, straight maths. I would say it's the best Maths course. I guess you could do it with a language if you're doing a language at A Level but not necessary really.
How far in the course are you?What opportunities will it give you once you've left Uni.Sorry 'bout all the questions, just tryna be sure what course I wanna do and where..
I've just finished. The world is your oyster with a decent Maths degree. I'm personally going into accounting. I have friends going into banking, actuary etc. Plenty of graduate jobs will say it doesn't matter what your degree discipline is. Whilst this seems like a par to someone that did Maths compared with someone that did Media Studies or Anthropology, you actually have a massive advantage because the course gives you skills that employers look for. They know that.Only thing you need to be aware of is that after first year you will rarely deal with numbers. The course becomes very theoretical and the whole numerical element is gone by third year. I personally don't think being good at Maths A Level naturally transfers to being good at Maths at degree level because it's just that different.

So what do I do nowI graduated from Nottingham Uni with a degree in American Studies (American History, Literature + Culture)I got a 2:2
American Studies that sounds quite sick, what jobs are open to you?
dnoi went 2 top 10 uni so it opens some doors 4 methe course is an arts course so offers the same kind of route as english/history etcexcept u can also go into film and tvalso if i want to go work in america and i studied there country at degree level for 3 years it works out in my favourthink im kinda over qualified 4 telemarketing stilli would seriously advise anyone who dosent really know what they want to do, but still want 2 go 2 uni, to look at the course. but dont do it at some boog uni make sure its a big boy 1 cause otherwise employers wont really recognize the degree.yeh 2:2 is a par just got my results too. i got a 2:1 in this final yr (59.3333) but because i flopped yr 2 it pulled me down. :D

If you need AAA for a uni, and you get AAB at AS and repeat the module in january and you're predicted an A for it. Can you get a conditional?
There's no strict structure for conditional offers. It depends how the uni feel about you and your personal statement etc but there's definitely no reason you couldn't. You don't necessarily have to get the conditional offer grades at AS. I didn't.

If you need AAA for a uni, and you get AAB at AS and repeat the module in january and you're predicted an A for it. Can you get a conditional?
There's no strict structure for conditional offers. It depends how the uni feel about you and your personal statement etc but there's definitely no reason you couldn't. You don't necessarily have to get the conditional offer grades at AS. I didn't.
I swear guys should just ask their teachers about this kinda stuff. Makes me wonder how some people even get through college etc. No fackin initiative.

I swear guys should just ask their teachers about this kinda stuff. Makes me wonder how some people even get through college etc. No fackin initiative.
I've asked everyone really I just need constant reassurance so relax yourself.

SKEEENOUS. Psychologist is you.

Fair enough but with doubts regarding something which generally does determine the rest of my life I'd like as much assurance as possible and if you can't deal with that then put me on an ignore list or something, you're not gonna get any lol's or :D these badboys so mindout innit. You generally do come across as a d*ckhead, some sort of psuedo intellectual who knows just enough to blag but if the conversation takes longer than say I don't know the time it takes to prepare a rustlers hamburger on a 1800 watt microwave so help you God. Truley I dunno why I'm wasting precious time speaking to you when I could be doing something more important like flipping through prospectuses, a side of quantum physics or if you're who I think you're organizing a rave. Well maybe not the last one but you get my point. Thank you and f*ck off.

Fair enough but with doubts regarding something which generally does determine the rest of my life I'd like as much assurance as possible and if you can't deal with that then put me on an ignore list or something, you're not gonna get any lol's or :D these badboys so mindout innit. You generally do come across as a d*ckhead, some sort of psuedo intellectual who knows just enough to blag but if the conversation takes longer than say I don't know the time it takes to prepare a rustlers hamburger on a 1800 watt microwave so help you God. Truley I dunno why I'm wasting precious time speaking to you when I could be doing something more important like flipping through prospectuses, a side of quantum physics or if you're who I think you're organizing a rave. Well maybe not the last one but you get my point. Thank you and f*ck off.
I come across as a d*ckhead because like you waste my f*ck*ng e-reading time with your constant banal requests. As for pseudo-intellectual, I can live with you thinking I'm one of those.