SLEEP PARALYSIS

Guest SKYSCRAPER

Guest Flat Eric

This has happened to me like twice in my life.First time I shat bracksSecond time I didnt really sh*t bricks but I was shookThought I diedI want it to happen again for some reason.

Guest SKYSCRAPER
I want it to happen again for some reason.
Same here, now that I've read about it & know what it is, I think if it happened again I could keep calm & just kinda let it happen.It happened 2 nights in a row with me. The first time I felt like someone was sitting next to me on the bed & I tried to say "who's there?", but I couldn't get any words out or move to look at where I thought they were sitting. Second time I was more lucid, I felt 100% conscious, and I hallucinated a spider on my arm. I tried to brush it off with the other hand, but I couldn't move my arm. Then I tried to blow it off (no homo), but I couldn't blow. Very unsettling. There was no spider there of course, and the paralysis was only temporary, but at the time I was shitting myself.

Yeah i used to get this on a regular basis when i was younger.Havent had it as much as an adult, but when it does happen its too f*cked.I was once having a nightmare, and woke up, well not really, was in the middle of sleep paralysis, saw this dark figure at the bottom of my bed, and imagined barbed wire slowly coming down onto me, obviously i was screaming, well thought i was, and because it was sleep paralysis no one heard me, because i was only thinking i was shouting. Eventually woke up fully soon after, but was shook. Horrible thing.

Whats the cause of it ?
No one knows. They can only speculate, because it's impossible to study a human dreaming.The religious believe that it is caused by some demonic visitation, while science says -
Sleep paralysis occurs during REM sleep, thus preventing the body from manifesting movements made in the subject's dreams. Very little is known about the physiology of sleep paralysis. However, some have suggested that it may be linked to post-synaptic inhibition of motor neurons in the pons region of the brain In particular, low levels of melatonin may stop the depolarization current in the nerves, which prevents the stimulation of the muscles, to prevent the body from enacting the dream activity (e.g. preventing a sleeper from flailing his legs when dreaming about running).
And by the way, those with African heritage on this forum, you are more likely to suffer from sleep paralysis than caucasians....

I had it once. Was the most shook I've ever been in my life.I was sleeping then I thought I had woken up. I was looking around my room like normal. Everything was around just how I left it when I went to bed. 360 controller next to me, empty Supermalt bottle on the desk, I thought I was awake. Then I tried to move and I couldn't, this dark figure started gliding towards me, it climbed onto my bed and knelt on my chest. I was screaming but no one could hear me, I was slowly being choked by this figure and as soon as I took that last gasp of air before I black out, I woke up and realised it was all a dream.Very f*cked, wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.

I had it once. Was the most shook I've ever been in my life.I was sleeping then I thought I had woken up. I was looking around my room like normal. Everything was around just how I left it when I went to bed. 360 controller next to me, empty Supermalt bottle on the desk, I thought I was awake. Then I tried to move and I couldn't, this dark figure started gliding towards me, it climbed onto my bed and knelt on my chest. I was screaming but no one could hear me, I was slowly being choked by this figure and as soon as I took that last gasp of air before I black out, I woke up and realised it was all a dream.Very f*cked, wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.
It seems everyone i speak to who has had this, 80% of em see this dark figure when suffering from sleep paralysis.I am not religious in the slightest, but its becoming too much of a coincidence, things like that just get you thinking about it. Is it because we all have an inner fear of the dark and things we do not understand, represented here by this figure, or is this sh*t actually what those religious lot believe, that sleep paralysis is actually you going through some sort of meeting with a demon....?

Yeah used to have it frequently one time..Not much recently.The annoyimnng thing is you are trying to get up or think you are shouting, but in reality you are making them Master P noisesIt could be a spiritual thing cuz yeah I do tend to see/feel somone/something at presentIt usually happens when I sleep chest wards.

It seems everyone i speak to who has had this, 80% of em see this dark figure when suffering from sleep paralysis.I am not religious in the slightest, but its becoming too much of a coincidence, things like that just get you thinking about it. Is it because we all have an inner fear of the dark and things we do not understand, represented here by this figure, or is this sh*t actually what those religious lot believe, that sleep paralysis is actually you going through some sort of meeting with a demon....?
ffsu just made me remember some sh*t

i also saw a dark figuremy mums a christian she was talkin about all dis demon malarky didnt fink anyfing of it

Had it quite a few times, first time was 5 years ago.Man was SHOOK the first few times, and I actually believed it was a demon holding me down. How naive I was SMH. I always used to try to scream for family members and I couldn't even hear myself scream, not the lick.
arghh u know dis thats the worst part, your tryna talk open ur eyes everything but sh*t aint happenin

Guest SKYSCRAPER
Yeah used to have it frequently one time..Not much recently.The annoyimnng thing is you are trying to get up or think you are shouting, but in reality you are making them Master P noisesIt could be a spiritual thing cuz yeah I do tend to see/feel somone/something at presentIt usually happens when I sleep chest wards.
:lol: LOL @ me waking up the house shouting "UUUUUUUNNNNGGGHHHHH UUUUUNNNGGGHHHH NANA-NANA NANA-NANA" in terror at 6AM.

Had it quite a few times, first time was 5 years ago.Man was SHOOK the first few times, and I actually believed it was a demon holding me down. How naive I was SMH. I always used to try to scream for family members and I couldn't even hear myself scream, not the lick.
arghh u know dis thats the worst part, your tryna talk open ur eyes everything but sh*t aint happenin
YOU KNOW?!?!?!
:lol: LOL @ me waking up the house shouting "UUUUUUUNNNNGGGHHHHH UUUUUNNNGGGHHHH NANA-NANA NANA-NANA" in terror at 6AM.
:lol: :lol: