What are you listening to / downloading?

Trilliam

Neon Neon - Stainless StyleI'm only three songs in but I like it alot, production is really sleek cocaine eighties synthy. David Bowie - Ziggy StardustNever heard it before and felt quite ashamed, downloaded it and listened to it as background music.Fleet Foxes - Sun Giant EP & Fleet FoxesHarmonic, very harmonic, it's essentially sunshine pop with folkish instrumentation, like it quite alot.Elliot Smith - Basement on the HillHavent listened to yetPulp - Different ClassHavent listened to yet

Guns N' Roses - Appetite for Destruction. Arguably their only decent album. Slash is a monster.Prince - The Black Album. Found it difficult to actually download this, took ages. Not that impressed really.Neil Young - Everybody Nnows this is Nowhere. Still haven't listened yetThe Allman Brothers Band - The Allman Brothers Band. This is white man doing electric blues PROPERLY.

My download list is about 100 deep of albums I ain't listened to, I'm waiting for college to start up again cause I got 1 hour 30 minute journey so I can get through an Album a day.Until then i'm not really listening to alt. bar Raconteurs and White Stripes

Guest WAVESURFER

Been listening to The Modern Lovers this week. One of the greatest bands of all time.Listened to Final Fantasy's "Has A Good Home" for the first time in a while the other night. Great record.Also surprised myself by playing "The Queen Is Dead" the other night for the first time in YEARS. I'd become a bit of a Smiths hater over the past few years, but I enjoyed listening to the album again.Also, Lissy Trullie looks like she has potential. I've only heard 2 songs, 1 of which was unremarkable, the other of which was cracking (Self-Taught Learner). Hopefully she can make an album of songs up to the standard of the latter.Not even gonna lie, I'm waiting for the Gigz album to leak too.

My download list is about 100 deep of albums I ain't listened to, I'm waiting for college to start up again cause I got 1 hour 30 minute journey so I can get through an Album a day.Until then i'm not really listening to alt. bar Raconteurs and White Stripes
kidz in the hallflosstradamusspank rockkidz in the hallpittsburgh slimmpais rockfriendly fireschester frenchcrystal castlesthese new puritansbritish sea powerthe killsklaxonsthe go teamlate of the pierbrian wilsonnewyorkdollsjoy divisionbad brainst rexbeach boys wild honey smiley smiletalking headspulpthe kinksbright eyesnick drakesyd barretjust a portion of the "Interests" wordpad document I keep, sh*t is evergrowing, there is just not enough time to listen to all the music.
Been listening to The Modern Lovers this week. One of the greatest bands of all time.Listened to Final Fantasy's "Has A Good Home" for the first time in a while the other night. Great record.Also surprised myself by playing "The Queen Is Dead" the other night for the first time in YEARS. I'd become a bit of a Smiths hater over the past few years, but I enjoyed listening to the album again.Also, Lissy Trullie looks like she has potential. I've only heard 2 songs, 1 of which was unremarkable, the other of which was cracking (Self-Taught Learner). Hopefully she can make an album of songs up to the standard of the latter.Not even gonna lie, I'm waiting for the Gigz album to leak too.
What are the Modern Lovers like? They new? Indie? Dance-Punk etc etc. How can you hate The Smiths lol, one of my favourite bands ever, Some girls mothers is a tune, you should download Hatful of Hollow, real good compilation.I'm buying that Giggs album man
uNDEROATH
Once again who are they? They gothy or heavy metal or saink?

And so, I checked all the registered historical factsAnd I was shocked into shame to discoverHow I'm the 18th pale descendantOf some old queen or other*dead*
So I broke into the palace with a sponge and rusty spannerShe said "Oh, I know you and you cannot sing"I said "That's nothing you should hear me play piano"Also similar to keeping a word pad of artists you wanna check out I do the same by bookmarking their wikipedia page.The thing is alot of these artists have a huge discography so I listen to 1 or 2 albums and start listening to someone else

Guest WAVESURFER
What are the Modern Lovers like? They new? Indie? Dance-Punk etc etc. How can you hate The Smiths lol, one of my favourite bands ever, Some girls mothers is a tune, you should download Hatful of Hollow, real good compilation.I'm buying that Giggs album man
The Modern Lovers are a band from the 70s. Singer's called Jonathan Richman, he's kinda a little bit famous, but in a sort of cult-following type way.They've been described as "proto-punk", as they were kinda forerunners of punk and their early material influenced a lot of the early punk bands. But a lot of their subsequent stuff is kinda 50s bubblegum sounding, acoustic guitar & double bass stuff, with really clever and funny lyrics, it's really great.Check out albums called "The Modern Lovers", "Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers", and "Rock & Roll With The Modern Lovers". All awesome.As for the Smiths hate, it's a long story really, involving a girl who I no longer see who was a big Smiths fan. I won't get into it lol.

And so, I checked all the registered historical factsAnd I was shocked into shame to discoverHow I'm the 18th pale descendantOf some old queen or other*dead*
So I broke into the palace with a sponge and rusty spannerShe said "Oh, I know you and you cannot sing"I said "That's nothing you should hear me play piano"Also similar to keeping a word pad of artists you wanna check out I do the same by bookmarking their wikipedia page.The thing is alot of these artists have a huge discography so I listen to 1 or 2 albums and start listening to someone else
His lyrics are too much, the music is too much. I would do the bookmark thing but they're already too messed up for me to want to sort out anytime soon, drop some of your bands innit.
The Modern Lovers are a band from the 70s. Singer's called Jonathan Richman, he's kinda a little bit famous, but in a sort of cult-following type way.They've been described as "proto-punk", as they were kinda forerunners of punk and their early material influenced a lot of the early punk bands. But a lot of their subsequent stuff is kinda 50s bubblegum sounding, acoustic guitar & double bass stuff, with really clever and funny lyrics, it's really great.Check out albums called "The Modern Lovers", "Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers", and "Rock & Roll With The Modern Lovers". All awesome.As for the Smiths hate, it's a long story really, involving a girl who I no longer see who was a big Smiths fan. I won't get into it lol.
Word I checked out their wiki last night, songs about akwardness and love seems like my thing so I'll download some of their work in a minute.Big reccomendation for fans of lo-fi punks; Jay Reatard.

talking heads
Reccommend them
specifically - more songs about buildings and food + fear of music + remain in lightand if yr going to listen to david bowie mite aswell listen to albums made between 76 and 80 aka Berlin era imoparticularly - low + scary monsters(and super creeps) imoplus - lets dance obv

Been on a heavy hip-hop ting recently with intervals of Dodos - Visiter (I really love these guys) and Metronomy's Pip Paine.I've slipped with the alt (bar some Jazz recommendations and favourites)In the process of getting/Need listen to:The Thirsts LPCrystal Castles LPLate of The Pier's new album is out next week, i've been told it's really good.need some more anti-folk, any fans? any recommendations?

His lyrics are too much, the music is too much. I would do the bookmark thing but they're already too messed up for me to want to sort out anytime soon, drop some of your bands innit.
CanThe Grateful DeadSonic YouthCaptain BeefheartFrank ZappaAdd them to your pad

• 3 weeks later...
Guest WAVESURFER

I downloaded Be Your Own Pet's two albums yesterday, they're very good!I'm pissed though, this band completely passed me by, now I've just discovered I like them & they're playing their last ever concert next week. :( Also downloaded 2 Joanna Newsom records, and the new (-ish) Times New Viking album, which I'm yet to listen to properly.

• 1 year later...