What are you listening to / downloading?

Trilliam

After listening to that Vampire Weekend I've taken what in retrospect is a concious break from all new music.

Went on a huge Smiths binge yesterday, You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby is proving quite the ear worm.

Making my way through Bowie's discography now. Hunky Dory is getting extended plays though so I'm yet to make a dent really.

Wake up you sleepyhead

Put on some clothes shake up your bed

Put another log on the fire for me

I made some breakfast and coffee

Look out my window what do I see

Crack in the sky and a hand reaching down to me

All the nightmares came today

And it looks as though they're here to stay.

I dunno you might see it as growth, it could be a grower, but to me some if sounds like a poor animal collective impression, and i don't even like animal collective, not too fond of the string section in some of the tracks either, 'Cousins' sounds like nothing else on the album, 'Run' is good, and it stops there for me.

Btw Please take this thread for your personal music journal

Need to get back listening to indie rock etc.

I'm currently going through Fader at the moment but only for the rap, downloaded a lot of Gucci, Jeezy and Max B yesterday.

Gonna download the new Spoon album, I heard spoon being described as one of the best indie bands ever

i downloaded gil scott heron - pieces of a man very recently, need to give it a onceover at the least

when they kick out your front door

how you gonna come

with your hands on your head

or on the trigger of your gun

London Calling is the sound of a band trying alot of new things at once and suceeding. I think the title track is about as 'punk' as it gets.

Phoney beatlemania has biten the dust, suprisingly i have no problems with this lyric.

First half of the C.D. is pretty Rock Solid, straight rock and roll on 'Brand New Cadillac' then it just slides into this folkie acoustic number but you hear mick jones underneath, que the horn section first appearance, talking bout 'Jimmy Jazz' yes I am, 'Hateful' is about a scummy dealer - "everything i want, he gives it to me" but it's way too upbeat to care, the solo also rocks, in the context of the song, no guitar wankery Hobviously, this is punk and and punk rockers can't play their instruments although they think nothing of broad musical experimentation apparently. I don't really like 'Rudie Can't Fail' but the songwriting is pretty good and Simonom and Header keep things very tight which keeps you nodding your head so it's not much of a skipper. 'Spanish Bombs' is great, great chords, great lyrics, great spanish accent. Hateful, Rudie Can't Fail and Spanish Bombs, nice little run, I said I don't really like 'Rudie Can't Fail' but it's not so bad, really it's quite good. Now 'The Right Profile', I really don't care for this, the bombast the horns brings is good, Halifax would turn it into a good commercial, triumphant students saving money prancing down the street that sort of thing. Political statements like 'Clampdown' is what The Clash built their reputation on, is that right? Eitherway I prefer when they're just messing around with reggae and ska and dub and sh*t. Which brings me full circle to 'Guns of Brixton' , many consider this The Clash's "f*ck The Police" / "Cop Killer", the chorus quite clearly promotes vigilante rule. Eitherway it has Guns and Brixton in the title and its 1979. That's abit greaze.

Bowie's cover of 'See Emily Play'

jesus f*ck*ng christ. what was he thinking. lost all the whimsy and fancy of the song.

Emily tries, but misunderstands (ahh-ooooh)

She's often inclined to borrow somebodies dreams till tommorrow.

great song writing.

He should never have gone there tbh

/

listening to paramore - riot again lately for sentimental reasons.... listening to that album makes me feel good