Friendship strain...

Vtec

I can't believe the responses in this thread.Man the f*ck up and go.It's nothing to do with principals.Don't be such a p*ssy.Chances are you're not the only person who's had to ditch his guest if unexpected family members have turned up.SMH, it's his wedding ffs.
If he had made this decision much earlier on, i'd feel no way about it. but with less then two weeks to go after we dun make preperations n that.Nah man. Thats not right...(diggs heels into the ground)

Edit: Meant to quote your reply.Fair enough.But weigh up your relationship with your girl over your relationship with your boy.Dont be that guy that drops his friends for a chick that might not be around, no matter what you feel for her now...He hasn't even boyed it 2bh, he had a legit reason, its the cost.Have you suggested paying for your part of the wedding?

what preparations have you made apart from her buying a dress? cant she take it back
My point is we where invited as per request... everything moving smoothly. Even went on Stag do and paid for my own suit hire to match the groom party.She is no stranger to my peeps and the groom and bride to be. Went along to the engagement party and all that blarb.he messed up his planning arrangements with less than 2wks to go, im not going to fuss over family priorities. But was offended as a friend that couldn't even spare her a place as my original invited guest. and so late in the runnings...Dress got returned Weekend gone.

Edit: Meant to quote your reply.Fair enough.But weigh up your relationship with your girl over your relationship with your boy.Dont be that guy that drops his friends for a chick that might not be around, no matter what you feel for her now...He hasn't even boyed it 2bh, he had a legit reason, its the cost.Have you suggested paying for your part of the wedding?
I'm not looking at it like that. Just out respect for as supposed good friend.Expecting me to roll over and say yes it's ok like its nothing.After i've helped contribute a fair bit in the run up to this event. Like a slap in the teeth...

some diva type behaviourwhat was stopping u from negotiating it with your boyand why bother to contribute to the preparations if your friendship is so flimsy that you think solidarity with ur girl is more importantnow you're going to b absent on what some would say is the most important day of his life, just cos you caught feelings :D

This isn't some go karting outing or club night out where man hasn't invited you ffs.It's his wedding.He hasn't uninvited YOU has he?What is he supposed to do if family members turn up uninvited?He cannot turn them down, so he has to make cuts elsewhere. You were invited, and still are, your girl isn't.She's taken her dress back, and no other cost has been incurred has it?You're pissed, but for the entirely wrong reasons.Stop reading into it and go.You will irrepairably f*ck up your friendship if you don't go to his wedding.You're cutting your nose to spite your face.

End of the day.. You're an usher.. You'll be busy all day doin usher sh*t so ur girl will end up bored. Plus he prob asked you if you could lose ur plus one cos he knows ur tight and wouldnt take offence too tuff.We all know the only hype bit of weddings is the shoobs at the end when all the girls are drunk and horny. The food can be semi-good but its long cos you have to sit next to randoms and chat sh*t.Just tell the missus ur goin to do ur thing for the day and be there for your boy. She can come for the shoobs at the end and stillw ear her dress/get drunk/get horny... You take her home and do the do.That's what I'd do in your situation.

By not going know he will have no loyalty or alliegance to you now, no matter he makes out or says.You don't drop your boy on his wedding day.You've lost a friend.Edit: Just read the seriousness of you and your girls relationship.Changes it somewhat. But you're spitting your dummy out over this and you don't need to. Burning bridges doesn't help.

By not going know he will have no loyalty or alliegance to you now, no matter he makes out or says.You don't drop your boy on his wedding day.You've lost a friend.Edit: Just read the seriousness of you and your girls relationship.Changes it somewhat. But you're spitting your dummy out over this and you don't need to. Burning bridges doesn't help.
I've done my best not burn friendship anymore than may have occurred. We spoke like men and agreed to not have a paddy over this. Explained XY and Z to him and vice versa.Agreed on our differences end of. May have left a bitter taste with both of us. I appreciate everyone opinions and views. Just had air this one off my chest. Decision was made I have to deal with the fall out it.

but think about it this way maybe..how close are you with your friend? if you are very close is it fair missing his WEDDING? i mean he will probably only get married that one time...& if you deeply love your girl then there will be a dozen more events & weddings that you 2 will be able to attend.. just not this one unfortunately. go for a bit & do the honour to your friend & leave early if you feel you have to..i think its nice of you to stick to your girl but its not like he meant to uninvite her. his family from OUT OF THE COUNTRY are coming & sorry if she had to take the fall.i don't think you are being understanding there...

i don't agree with the bros before hos thing because clearly your girl is not a ho.BUT you are being inconsiderate. your friend is getting married here. too bad your lady can't come but im sure she is welcome to the afterparty.i really wouldn't be surprised if your relationship was strained after because you missed what could be the most important day of his life.your relationship with your girlfriend should not be strained at all because she should be able to understand the situation.