Official Job Vacancies Thread

zeezee

I'm new so I have not seen one of these so thought I should make one. Anyone heard about any vacancies, or hear about any vacancies post here. I'll go first, there are vacancies for MC Donald's, to apply go to their site.Same goes for Sainsbury's although most of them are full time night shifts, and the rest are in south London.

• Upvote 1

This is what you do.Think of EVERY retail shop you know of. Or think of O street.Then type it into google, click on the site and look 4 recruitment or jobs. Yes it sounds long but its worth a try.
I get what your saying, but most retail shops only recruit senior positions online, and was hoping people could just post what they know like I did. Plus there aren't many jobs available due to the credit crunch <_<

This is what you do.Think of EVERY retail shop you know of. Or think of O street.Then type it into google, click on the site and look 4 recruitment or jobs. Yes it sounds long but its worth a try.
I get what your saying, but most retail shops only recruit senior positions online, and was hoping people could just post what they know like I did. Plus there aren't many jobs available due to the credit crunch <_<
You'd actually be surprised, very surprised.For example, Office you gotta email ur cv and a covering letter (i think). Schuch take online apps, Boots atke online apps, Perfume shop take online apps, Debenhams, Selfridges, Sainsburys, Tesco (i think), HnM, River Island, Burtons...basically all of Arcadia. Etc and these are all sales assistant positions.Oh and HOW can I forget Marks and Sparks <_<:mellow:

Just got a job. Horay! Long read!!!Joined up with manpower in Lewisham after i saw an ad on the JOBCENTREPLUS website for a postman job in South East London.Said 2 contact Manpower, so i emailed them and then about 10mins later i thought f*ck it, and went down there (live 10mins away) and spoke 2 them. Sold myself to her on the spot, and she agreed to take me on and see wha gwarn.Went back the next day like agreed with my docs etc, and que about 3/4 weeks of me going to her asking whats going on, home come you havent found me anything and her giving me various reasons/excuses, las week she found me a job, but gave it to my bredrin thinking her was me!d*ckhead woman, i was so pissed.Come this Tuesday, she gives me 1st refusal on this next Royal mail related job, so im all for it, until she tells me the details.Canning Town/West Ham area 12hour shifts for 3 days starting at 5am. So 5am-5pm. I agreed to do it as i thought f*ck it i need cash and i've gone on like i really want a job so i can't refuse this. So this the past Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, ive been waking up at 2:45 am, leaving my house to get the 108 from Lewisham to Stratford at 3:30 getting off at Bromley-By-Bow Station, and walking to Canning Town from there as there are not any buses running at that time, plus i don't know the area. Get to work at 4:30ish. Can't complain about what i had 2 do, as i was a security guy who had 2 just sit in the cabin and press a button to raise the barriers to let the cars in and out of the site. Literally that is all i had to do! Sit and press a button. So 2 pass the time, we (the guys in the cabin) would watch dvds/tv, eat, talk, sleep( not meant to but man couldn't help it at them hours) play on this guys laptop, and literally jam, and chat pon my phone. £85 (£6.50 up to 8 hours, then £8.13 for the remaining 4 hours) per shift to do literally nuffin isn't bad!Cue Friday the manpower woman rings me says i have good and bad news, the bad news is you wont be going back to Canning Town depot next week, the good news is you start your training for your actually postman job in Forest Hill on Monday morning at 7am. 7am is normally early but it will feel late trust me.So the moral of my story is, check the jobcentreplus website, especially if you can't/won't (like me) be bothered to go the the actual jobcentre.Gumtree.comLocal newspapers, my area has newshopper, south London press, the mercury. They all have jobs in them, i have had interviews for places form out of these papers.AGENCYS also, especially if you don't know what you want to do, and need money and don't mind what you do.