Official Job Vacancies Thread

zeezee

U SURE THT WAS A REAL JOB?

SOUNDS LIKE MAN JUS WAN LINK U FOR A DATE OFF THE NET.

LOL

i responded to an add posted on his actual website

all he wanted was office skivvys

heard the guy go 'cos we always encourage grads...blablabla'

so right there i could see thats what he does, get graduates exploit them for a week or two with no intention of employment

guy was a c*nt

def a cowboy company

/

no the topic of cowboys, my cuddy went for one of these jobs

u know the fake companies that gas u up 'CONGRATULATIONS UVE BEEN SELECTED BLABLABLA'

Then theres a million stages of interviews, very informal and it turns out to be door to door sales

which he was willing to do, till they left him outside in the rain for 20 mins

baptism of fire in this dodgy job market

Beginning the letter

Dear Mr Coxon - If you know the name of the person to whom you are writing,

Dear Ms Chambers - If you are not sure of the marital status of the female recipient

Dear Sir/Madam - If you are in totally in the dark as to the name of the recipient

Opening Paragraph

The opening paragraph should be short and hard-hitting. Begin with an arresting sentence in which you explain why it is you are writing, for example 'I would like to be considered for the position of Marketing Manager'. If you are applying for an advertised position then say where you saw the advert, ' In response to the Marketing Manager job vacancy advertised in 'Marketing Weekly'. If someone referred you to your contact, mention your friend's referral in this section.

Examples of opening paragraphs:

1. In response to the advertised position in The Guardian on July12th, please consider my résumé in your search for a Client/Server Architect.

2. I was pleased to hear from Jeremy Green that you will soon have a vacancy for a Marketing Assistant. I am very interested in this position, and I think that with my skills I could be an asset to your company.

3. Having recently read in The Times of 'The Liederhosen Company's' plans for expansion, I am writing to establish whether this will involve an increase in personnel. As a final year business student at Durham University, I am seeking a position in January that will develop my marketing and finance skills.

4. I am writing to apply for the Photographic Assistant position advertised in the November 1 listing of In The Buff Magazine.

Second Paragraph

Why should an employer be interested in hiring you? Briefly describe your professional and academic qualifications that are relevant to the position. If the job was advertised refer to all of the required skills written therein.

Third Paragraph

Emphasise what you can do for the company, not vice versa. Outline a relevant career goal, for example if you are applying for Sales positions do not say that you are training to be an airline pilot. Incorporate your research. Expand on the most relevant points of your CV

Fourth Paragraph

Request action, for example indicate your desire for a personal interview and that you're able to meet with the employer are their convenience

Some job adverts ask you to include salary requirements, you can choose to ignore this, opting instead to wait until the interview to talk about money, or include a broad salary range, for example £16 - 20K.

Closing the letter

Finish your letter 'Yours sincerely' then do not forget to sign it. Write an enclosure line at the bottom.

Ok thanks... As i am currently employed elsewhere, should i add reasoning as to why i am looking to leave, or not?

hmm, I would say no, but they might ask you in your interview so be prepared.

Guest Supreme Allah

id just save that for the interview

and talk up ur current job dnt say anything bad just say uve got the most you can from there and you need more which u feel they can offer yada yada

• Upvote 2

hmm but tbh i really need the experience, and would need a part time job for funds if i did this

yilmaz do u work or your at uni?

oh he wont answer that, but apprently if you PM him he will reveal all about his amazing life.

you can only get responses from yilli when you talk about your own life. not his

Guest M12 Part 2

another exam another underperformance

revised all the complicatedn stuff, open the paper and all i see is easy sh*t which i overlooked

final exams are gonna have to be my saviour

;)

I just found out that I've got an design internship at Topshop.

I assumed I hadn't got it because I hadn't heard from them, but she called me earlier to say that she sent me an email a while ago and was wondering why I hadn't replied.

well done me dear :)

Remember I went for one interview in some asian dudes house, had the interview in his front room, bare paintings of Ganesh n sh*t

Then he took me to the 'studio' in the garden (after walking past his mum watching sky) and there was a dude in there with some FOB aff singer who didn't know where she was

"Is this a record label?" she said

He said come back at 5 PM (it was 3 PM, he suggested I just walk around the town for a couple hours) to see the music being made

I went home

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

allow it

Apple stores are always recruiting. You should just go online and make a strong profile and they will eventually contact you.

thanks ill try that, i had a interview with primark today at oxford street for weekends...but the store so big... so im wondering how many jobs they proabbly giving

I just found out that I've got an design internship at Topshop.

I assumed I hadn't got it because I hadn't heard from them, but she called me earlier to say that she sent me an email a while ago and was wondering why I hadn't replied.

well done me dear :)

Thank you

//

My friend offered me a job in Italy that's going over the summer. I really want to take it but it's going to clash with a few things that I've got going on.

Guest Supreme Allah

just be prepared, if you make urself too nervous that may make it go wrong

with me i just prepared for 2/3 days straight n become super confident then the words just flow

Guest M12 Part 2

with me i just prepared for 2/3 days straight n become super confident then the words just flow

Sound advice.

Being prepared will calm you down a lot and allow you to bring through your personality as well as the obvious skills they are looking for.

Guest Esquilax

Sound advice.

Being prepared will calm you down a lot and allow you to bring through your personality as well as the obvious skills they are looking for.

yer trust preparing for questions and people you havent heard/met is the way forward.

jk

Lol

That's the thing though

The editor likes me and wanted to meet up with me in Jan, said they're setting up a paid internship and wanted to know if I was interested, said they'll have to interview others to keep it fair etc, so I know him. Dunno if a HR person will be in, I'd imagine so

I'll be going ultra prepared, making documents of all the stuff I've written, next week I'll have to get my arse in gear

@JGGB it's Q magazine, biggest selling music mag in the UK, hence me bricking it lulz

Edit: it seems Mojo has overtaken Q as top selling, but still

Mojo is an old mans rock mag so