Official Job Vacancies Thread

zeezee

if anyone is looking for work in the engineering/construction industry, balfour beatty are recruiting

they have big contracts with MPA ( metropolitan police authority ) ,University of London, Minstry of defence, Arqiva ( satelittle company for broadcasting companys ) etc etc

Can I send you my CV?

if anyone is looking for work in the engineering/construction industry, balfour beatty are recruiting

they have big contracts with MPA ( metropolitan police authority ) ,University of London, Minstry of defence, Arqiva ( satelittle company for broadcasting companys ) etc etc

Can I send you my CV?

huh why, i dont work for them, i just have business contacts within the company as BBC use them

what experience/qualifications do you have ? also, what role isit exactly that you would be interested in ?

Guest Sun Tzu

f*ck

getting brought in to a 7 a side football match on sunday.

Only reason I agreed cos 5 of the guys are investment bankers, barcap, merrill lynch etc. Drive Aston's an things similar

I am sh*t at football.

Also at what point do I say i'm in my last year of a finance/economics degree - bring me in

This could go very well, or very badly...

hope it went well g

Hello one and all!

We are currently recruiting capable Interns for several roles as part of our 2011 Internship Schemes, which will be run twice across the year.

If you know of anyone keen to gain some entry-level experience in the music and creative industries please forward these opportunities on to them.

• The first run of Internships will last for 12 weeks.
  • Expenses will be paid for.
  • Interns are expected to work 2 - 3 days per week.
  • Interns must be aged 18 or over and live in London.

In return Interns will be:
  • Assigned a Line Manager who will act as a mentor
  • Have regular update and assessment meetings to guide their development
  • Gain useful hands-on experience
  • Be presented with opportunities such as: write for MOBO.com/MOBO Magazine, assist at one of our events, assist with a MOBO TV Acoustic Session and attend networking/showcase/launch events where possible.
  • Be presented with a certificate of reference upon completion of their Internship

We have the following places available:

Event Interns (http://www.mobo.com/news-blogs/event-internships-0)

Company Interns (http://www.mobo.com/news-blogs/company-internships)

MOBO.com Interns (http://www.mobo.com/news-blogs/mobocom-internships)

The deadline for applications is Friday 8th April 2011.

I have an interview for Nike to be a part of the marketing team for Ireland and the UK a week tomorrow down in London and the dress code on the email is:

Our official dress code is “business casual” with an emphasis on casual, which means you can leave your suit in the closet. Here are a few guidelines: overall think stylish, not stuffy. Clothes reflect your personality, so let us see who you are.

What you reckon I should wear people?

Some have told me just a polo, smart jeans and some smart trainers, others have said trousers, shoes and a open neck shirt..

What you lot say? Bit of a predicament here

Guest Esquilax

Nike want people who know/ wear their stuff, especially in the marketing dpt

Do exactly as it says, smart casual with the heavy emphasis on casual, the best Nike's you own, maybe a jacket/ coat

You know the rest

They LOVE loyalty, my uncle used to work on the Japanese arm, wouldn't be caught DEAD in Adidas\

Needless to say, DO NOT WEAR ADIDAS

Guest Lemons

If it's a job interview TBH I'd always wear a shirt anyway.

However, Esqui is right, my boy does their advertising in Amsterdam and nobody in the office is allowed to wear any trainers other than Nike. When you join they drop you £150 to buy some.

Guest Lemons

No idea brother, he works for an advertising agency that handles the Nike account so doesn't work for Nike directly. I was just making a point about how strongly they back their own brand.

edit*

As Nike bought Converse a while back you could wear black converse and jeans/shirt to still look quite smart as opposed to something with an air bubble in it.

Joel I'd just go with a pair of jeans, a polo and some casual nike kicks like the all courts or toki's.

http://size.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10701_11551_19331_585095_-1_footwear

http://size.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10701_11551__495303_-1_

EDIT: you basically said what I was thinking, same name and same style apparently lol

Guest Supreme Allah

lil help.

Im updating my CV and i want to say that apart from the position I have now, im on the management committe (they dnt seem to do sh*t but attend meetings)

I need to sell that somehow