Official Job Vacancies Thread

zeezee

ye the guy quoted me this morning i told him 'lol ye i'll think about it', obviously to get him off da fone. guy was rambling on bout "if you let us do ur cv, your guaranteed a interview with every application u submit :/ reely

:/

Has anyone here ever used those CV Checker services? I mean actually paid for it? If so, what was the outcome?

cos im a bit skeptical bout paying 2bills for them to add basic sh*t i could have done at home

You don't sound so against it before people laughed at you

ye the guy quoted me this morning i told him 'lol ye i'll think about it', obviously to get him off da fone. guy was rambling on bout "if you let us do ur cv, your guaranteed a interview with every application u submit :/ reely

:/

Has anyone here ever used those CV Checker services? I mean actually paid for it? If so, what was the outcome?

cos im a bit skeptical bout paying 2bills for them to add basic sh*t i could have done at home

You don't sound so against it before people laughed at you

nah i wasnt against it, just wanted to know if anyone had used the service, i know 2bills is abit much, but if it was useful i would hav done it with a cheaper site

May have secured an interview for a job based in Vauxhall as a recruitment consultant so fingers crossed she gets back to me.

Other than that was up at Channel 4 last night about how to secure jobs with them, internships, apprenticeships and the production trainee work scheme. I have to say if there is one broadcaster I would like to work for it has to be them, talk about being original and different. I've tried out for the BBC in the past and never met what they required, no experience (even for work experience I couldn't get anything) where as C4 are happy to take people on without that experience, they want people with a passion for the brand and being different.

The application process is interesting, they don't look at your grades, background or experience, they'll set you 4-6 questions, and want you to tell a story, a narrative with a beginning, middle and an end. Make it about yourself, try to stand out, what have you achieved, for example one person said her biggest achievement was not going to uni, she lived in Oxford you know where they all went. Even for the event you had to go through the application process, so maybe my answers were that damn good. So for anyone who is trying for C4, be different, don't be the generic sh*t you have to be for certain positions, make them want to meet you. They encourage you to use Twitter as you apply, asking them for feedback on your application and the assessment process/shortlisting.

Great building, great networking session.

I got turned down by virgin active for this maintenance job last week, I used to work there n my sister n mum work there n I knew the interviewers as well, some old c*nt with more experience who's already in employment somewhere else and about 5 years off retirement got it. I'm still lookin for a job not been in work for over a year now n I'm a qualified spark it's grim up north

May have secured an interview for a job based in Vauxhall as a recruitment consultant so fingers crossed she gets back to me.

had an interview for a trainee recruitment consultant in morrgate last week

bitch ripped me apart - i stumbled tho as i had lied on my cv

will try again minor

got a call yesterday from an Agency i haven't joined yesterday :/ .

She said she saw my CV on Reed and has a potential opportunity for me. Swear that just doesn't happen. not to me anyways

Went to the Agency for a chat today.....the actual job is a bit shitty but the opportunity is actually sick. Them ones where it looks nice on your CV

Nothing has been sealed yet so fingers crossed.

lulz if i get it though. I've literally done nothing.

edit:

If you don't answer private numbers, start doing so now

Got a interview for the fundraising/charity collection job. Went through the phone interview unscathed but was kinda struggling for key words. Anyone done similar things before? Tips would be great

lol

go and watch Watchdog

they did a show about these jobs before, standing around for 14 hours a day earning £1.50 per hour but still not getting paid for it