Official Job Vacancies Thread

zeezee

Yeah it's what most of these worthwhile firms ask for so it's what I've been aiming for. Regardless of the fact that agents have been hassling me to go for interviews for a hot minute.

January is when I'm gonna start to apply for places in Berlin.

Congrats man. Hope you get out of it what you're wanting for.

• 3 weeks later...

Boss left my company, me and one other managing our whole infrastructure.

Which is cool as it pretty much runs itself.

Frees up my time allowing me to learn heaps of tools I wouldn't have been able to with a boss over my shoulder.

Looking at Linux, puppet. Going to fully immerse myself into a DevOps role, heard what contractors are charging on a daily rate and realised that needs to be me by the time I'm 30.

Yeah man, IT. 

I'm a 'DevOps' currently but I haven't really done much Devops, more so I'm just running the infrastructure.

Looking to just cram as many tools/platforms I can in before I leave this place whilst I have the chance.

The plan is contracting by 30, those guys are charging like £500 a day it's mad

• 2 weeks later...

Who on here has worked within the recruitment field pro's and cons'? Did you enjoy it. i was thinking about maybe becoming a recruitment consultant my pal does it ears a lot of money and says the commission tends to be decent. i get the feeling he is selling the dream more than anything  But i notice they have a ridiculous high turn over for staff 

Who on here has worked within the recruitment field pro's and cons'? Did you enjoy it. i was thinking about maybe becoming a recruitment consultant my pal does it ears a lot of money and says the commission tends to be decent. i get the feeling he is selling the dream more than anything But i notice they have a ridiculous high turn over for staff

Most people can't hack it and leave within first year

Long long hours depending on your company

Money is sporadic

Started a new contract role working for Telefonica as a Tier 3 network engineer 

Working 7am-7pm shifts 4 days on 4 days off, no nights though thank God however not ideal but will do for now...

piffest rota

remember it when u book holidays and u will be laughing bruh

• 3 weeks later...

Got head hunted twice in the last month via linked in

First one I turned down the interview and proceedings

But second one sounds is very tempting . Salary package and the role sounds like a step up from my current role. Only been

Love my current job and probably the best people I have worked with. The rroom for progression in the role is surplus. But I feel its too early to jump ship from my current job (6th month in)

However I am thinking GABOS. Once opportunity lost... etc