Official Job Vacancies Thread

zeezee

Anyone know of any receptionist/admin jobs going? 

not for me, its for my girl. she moved in last week and the journey to her current job takes stupid amount of time to get there.

shes experienced in that job.

looking for something in east preferably 

Anyone know of any receptionist/admin jobs going? 

not for me, its for my girl. she moved in last week and the journey to her current job takes stupid amount of time to get there.

shes experienced in that job.

looking for something in east preferably 

GLL are always recruiting customer service advisors 

• 2 weeks later...

The worse situation

Hate my job, not enough money it it, need a challenge and some stimulation

But i dont know what i want to do

Searching for jobs is pain

I dont know what im looking for

All i know is i need a role with variety and that allows me to be creative...make ideas come to life

No admin

Dont mind customer/ people interaction, im good at that

Cant be in this bookie shop much longer

need at least 25k or a job that i can more up in / enjoy thoughly

Got thru to assessment stage to be an inspector for tfl but didnt get to the next stage. i know why, i was soo f*cking tired. Previous day i had done an 8:30-10pm shift at work and i had to be in Acton for 8pm the next day. i got about 5hours sleep and no breakfast

Was pissed cos staring wage for TFL bus inspectors is £31k and rises to £37k after 4 years

I would have held that job calm. 

Good luck Gunner, remember it's a simple maths game: The more you apply for, the more chance you have.

Rah

Never thought of that before

The more you apply the higher the chance of getting a job?

Yeah it's so obvious Mr Sarcastic, but then why are so many motherf*ckers bitching and complaining about not being able to find work? If you're not applying for 100 jobs a week (at your peak) then you're doing something wrong.

Of course, all of this depends on your qualifications etc.

If you have none, you better go and get some! If you have some, and you still aren't getting any luck, then you need to look at:

a) The calibre of your quals

b)The calibre of your CV

c) Your interview style.

It's really not rocket science. Should you be wasting your time on insta/twitter/fbook/vip2 if you're unemployed? Prob not. Will people still do it anyway? Almost certainly.

DOG EAT DOG - whatever you're not doing, someone is. And they deserve the job!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What Niall's saying is common sense but you'd be surprised how many people don't treat job-hunting as a job itself.

DOG EAT DOG - whatever you're not doing, someone is. And they deserve the job!

100%

/

Chucked my CV online to see what sticks, not 100% sure if I want to leave but I'm interested in what's out there.

Recruiters filling up my voicemail, struggling to get through the shit offers.

I think I'm going to give in to recruiters next week

Just hard to decide whose serious and whose a time waster, that's probably down to my inexperience and naivety

This was the problem I had when I was looking for a job before.  Some will make you think like you're a priority but then just put you on the shelf or try to give you some dogshit job when you know you are worth far more.  As soon as I got some serious experience on my cv I get hassled by them and they don't even have my most up to date cv.  All it takes is one solid bout of experience and then you can start throwing your weight around a bit more.

Recruiters are scumbags, but they are a necessary evil.

• 1 month later...

oh shit..

the job I've been wanting for the company I've wanted to work for for a hot minute has just opened up again when I'm now qualified and free

*spends the next 2 days working on skills to round off the CV*