Newcastle thread - Joe Kinnear Confirmed as DOF

HangTheDJ

Newcastle United director of football Joe Kinnear has hit back at Alan Shearer after the club's record goalscorer criticised his appointment.

Shearer recently said that Kinnear's arrival at St James' Park had undermined Newcastle manager Alan Pardew and that the process involved in the appointment had turned the club into a "laughing stock".

Kinnear responded angrily to the comments in an interview with the Sunday Times, questioning the former Newcastle and England striker's credentials as a coach.

165012893_2485512263001_video-still-for-

Kinnear defends appointment

He cited Shearer's failure to keep the Magpies in the top flight in the final eight league games of the 2008-09 season after he had succeeded Kinnear after the latter suffered a heart attack.

"What Shearer says is diabolical," said Kinnear. "This is a guy who hasn't got a clue about coaching.

"The last game of the (2008-09) season he came up with the master idea of playing Damien Duff at left-back. Damien is one of the best left-wingers in the business, but can't tackle. And we went down with an own goal from Damien.

"Shearer keeps slagging me off. He is being disrespectful to me. I am entitled to fight back."

"What Shearer says is diabolical. This is a guy who hasn't got a clue about coaching" 

Joe Kinnear

Kinnear also used the interview to apologise for his comments about Newcastle fans made before his appointment had been confirmed by the club.

The 66-year-old gave two radio and television interviews in which he made a number of erroneous claims, mispronounced the names of several Newcastle players and claimed he had "more intelligence" than the United supporters.

"I regret what I said about the supporters," he said. "I can't get anybody to say that Joe has the utmost respect for the supporters and they are the most important people at the club.

"I always go to their forums and loved having the craic with them around the city when I was manager there.

"There are 10 per cent I'm never going to win over, that is the point I was trying to make, but I regret what I said and if I offended any Newcastle fans I apologise."

ether :lol:

Want kinnear to do well

Well speculation is they have Gus poyet in the wings to take over from Pardew

The situation is that peak that I'm hoping we hire Poyet.

Despite the fact he is a despicable human being, Kinnears appointment is a red herring. The root cause of our problem (Other than Ashley) is still Pardew and he shows no signs of rectfying his failures. Guys solution for next seaon is to; sign some 6 ft 4ers, get another tackler in midfield and bring in more English players, all his words. Said nothing about our inability to create goals, lack of width and our shocking transition from defence to attack. Guy is out of his depth and needs to fuck off.

The 66-year-old made a shock to return to Tyneside and to football last month when he was confirmed in a reprised director of football role at St James's Park.

He briefly managed the club during the 2008/09 season - a campaign that ended in relegation - but was forced to step down after being taken ill with heart problems.

Large sections of Newcastle fans were dismayed by his re-appointment, as well as a series of candid subsequent interviews, but after reporting for duty for the first time on Monday, Kinnear made a freshly bullish claim.

"Every top club in the land has got one (a director of football). We haven't - that's the difference," Kinnear told the Shields Gazette.

"The manager can't do everything. I'm probably the only football manager to be a director of football. I don't know any other ex-managers who have.

"I've been a manager for 35 years. I've been 'Manager of the Year'. I've won every award there is in football as a player. I think all those qualities put me head and shoulders above every other director of football."

Joe Kinnear

"I think all those qualities put me head and shoulders above every other director of football."

Newcastle's last attempt to utilise a director of football, when 'executive director' Dennis Wise worked above then-manager Kevin Keegan, was a high-profile failure that saw Keegan quit and successfully fight a claim for constructive dismissal.

But Kinnear is convinced he can form a fruitful relationship with manager Alan Pardew and chief scout Graham Carr as the club seeks to put last season's relegation scrap behind them.

"Some directors of football have never played the game," Kinnear added.

"I'm lending my experience as a manager for all those years - 10 years at Wimbledon, two years at Nottingham Forest, two years winning promotion at Luton and, of course, almost two years at Newcastle. I would still be there had it (a heart attack) not occurred."

Kinnear was actually in charge at St James' for little more than six months before his health problems occurred.

His first act could be to sanction the departure of utility man James Perch, who is currently the subject of a bid from relegated Wigan.

The audacity :lol:

He might be decent lol

Selling perch for a start

Tales of Joe Kinnear’s buffoonery are fast becoming legendary, but now Newcastle United’s hapless director of football might have outdone himself by apparently trying to sign a player who the club already owned.

The incredible news comes from the Sunday People, who detail Kinnear’s approach for midfielder Shane Ferguson after he impressed in a League Cup game for Birmingham City against Swansea City in September.
The only problem was that Ferguson, 22, was only on loan at Birmingham from …. Newcastle!
The Sunday People says Kinnear approached Birmingham officials to register his interest in the player, only to be politely told that in fact his club owned him anyway.
It seems like a ludicrous tale, and there are some suggestions that in fact Kinnear merely asked Birmingham manager Lee Clark who Ferguson was, rather than trying to sign him.
However, the Sunday People quotes a Birmingham source as saying: “Ferguson had a particularly good game that night and Joe Kinnear told one of our officials he was interested in signing him.
“At first our guy thought he was joking but then he realised Kinnear did not know Ferguson was already a Newcastle player.”
fergusonshane.jpg

8-)  :confused:  8-)

After telling the world he had more knowledge about football than anyone at St James' Park, he managed to follow things up by failing to sign a single player on a permanent basis.

:lol:

After telling the world he had more knowledge about football than anyone at St James' Park, he managed to follow things up by failing to sign a single player on a permanent basis.

:lol:

:lmao:  :lmao:

The only permanent addition he engineered during his return to the north-east turned out to be teenage prospect Olivier Kemen from Metz.

January's transfer window proved just as frustrating for Newcastle fans waiting to see their squad boosted, with just one player joining - striker Luuk de Jong from Borussia Monchengladbach, again on loan.

There was also one huge void left to fill, with the club allowing influential midfielder Yohan Cabaye to join Paris Saint-Germain for a fee of around £20m.

They were interested in signing Lyon's Clement Grenier and Montpellier's Remy Cabella but neither deal was ever consummated

Quality troll

Guys get paid huge sums of money to keep up this nonsense uno :lmao:

Boy as the saying goes there is a lot of money out there, you just gotta put your name on it.

Heard Vince wants to buy Newcastle think it is as likly to happen as the nigerians intrest to buy the toon

would be interesting 

http://www.wrestlingrumors.net/vince-mcmahon-interested-buying-newcastle-united/17970/

1836932_10151903090222050_2064038440_o.j

The Vince story has been around for years.

That defence would fuck you up.