Bristol

STRIPEZ

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished undergrad degree now doing GDL/LPC..
Did u stump up the pee urself. personally i think its a bumpi know ppl who dun that sh*t n were only earning 18g PA 1st yr after finishing
Yeah, I ain't got all of it yet either. But I should be ok. I worked out an installment plan with them. Its expensive though.As long as I'm earning around 20 when I qualify I can live with that... I wont be happy but at least with Law you know that you are almost guaranteed to earn more as you progress.Ill be happy to get any work actually considering I havent applied for any training contracts..
bruv its f*cked. e.g. them allen n overy training ting applications for starting in 2010 finished this augustbut dnt let none of them career advisors tell u what u can n cant do. if u really wanna make it u will.
Yeah they saying you should apply 2 years in advance MINIMUM. I got 1 family contact who may be able to hook something up for me though, but I'm not holding out on him. Prefer to make it myself then if everything goes wrong I'll ask for help.When do you graduate/qualify? What avenue of law are you looking to persue? I'm thinking contract...
im keepin an open mind but really im thinking f*ck lawonly got a deuce deuce n they put me on ba so id have to do cpe then lpc which would cost around 16gim already in debt as it is so mans looking at targetjobs.co.uk looking at tings im interested in. if they all flop i'll just be a black male teacher in ldn n grab them easy pees owwwwwww

The graduate workplace is a White World, everyone acts in their jobs even white people. So you know what Uni is the best place to practice. I made friends with loads of people at UNI, the smartest and the richest from all over the world, not just those on my course. TIP: Foreign students are all rich especially if they are from non-EU countries. They are away from home for the first time and are willing to make lots of friends. Also the foreign girls want a Uni romance, they are all looking for it. Yeah so what, where else am i gonna get a place to stay abroad?I got my American (UCLA xchange), German, Czech, Spanish, Colombian, Mexican, Indian, Israeli, Benin friends. And my country friends, my suburb friends, northern friends. I made no attempt whatsoever to make friends with my usual crowd (inner city london heads), only if they were smarter than me.Oh Yeah I went to a commoners Uni as well (QM), just have to know how to pick 'em.Also you have alot more incommon with those at Uni, than those you left behind, whether you like it or not. Don't fight it...

Guest luckstar
The graduate workplace is a White World, everyone acts in their jobs even white people. So you know what Uni is the best place to practice. I made friends with loads of people at UNI, the smartest and the richest from all over the world, not just those on my course. TIP: Foreign students are all rich especially if they are from non-EU countries. They are away from home for the first time and are willing to make lots of friends. Also the foreign girls want a Uni romance, they are all looking for it. Yeah so what, where else am i gonna get a place to stay abroad?I got my American (UCLA xchange), German, Czech, Spanish, Colombian, Mexican, Indian, Israeli, Benin friends. And my country friends, my suburb friends, northern friends. I made no attempt whatsoever to make friends with my usual crowd (inner city london heads), only if they were smarter than me.Oh Yeah I went to a commoners Uni as well (QM), just have to know how to pick 'em.Also you have alot more incommon with those at Uni, than those you left behind, whether you like it or not. Don't fight it...
IM SORRY BUT I HAD 2 GIVE A REPOSTEMAKING FRIENDS WITH THE FOREIGN STUDENTS ?!SMH...IF U AINT GOT A PASSPORT :arrow: I SEE THO U GUYS FFEEL U NEED 2 EXPAND YOUR HORIZONS FOR SOME REASON...GROWING UP I ALWAYS HAD RICH AND POOR FRIENDS BLACK WHITE OR ASIAN ..BUT MAYB U LOT HAV ONLY BEEN WITH URBAN TYPES AND WANT 2 EXPERIANCE NOT BEING A SOCIAL PARIAH ANYMORE.

it dosent matter that much if u go 2 uni with a closed mindi did and i still graduatednow im doing a law degree toowith a closed mind againalot of people will feel pressured into beg-friending in these type of environmentsyou soon learn that these are the weak people who need the constant assurance and company of others to verify their own livesbe yourself and do your own thing, if you make relationships in the course of doing this then they will be stronger and you will value them more as your life goes onbare in mind why you are there though, and never forget it... you are there to learn and achieve a goal.
Was waiting for someone to post something like this. Uni was sounding depressing with all these people sayin u gotta try change themselves to match others n I know I'll never fit in with most of da people in the good uni's.

Boy, give it time and you will probably find ways of keeping yourself entertained enough to stop falling into depression.I agree you don't have to associate with everyone adn you can do yoru own thing, but try to not be close minded. Try some things at least until you find what you enjoy most. Chances are you will come across someone who is like minded enough to hang around with.

Thing is yh, if you go there with a attitude like "f*ck these posh pricks, these man cant tell me nuttin" etc, [which is kinda how i feel], then u only gonna end up bored and lonely. Might as well try and adapt a bit just to get some friends or gash. I mean, these man are probably safe in their own way, like most ppl are probably friendly, they just coming from a different place thats all.

what are da clubs in bristol sayin ... srry 2 chnge direction of topic?
Your probably exploring Bristol at the wrong time. It used to be live-o when you had Fez Club, Club UK, The Level etc. Cuttla shootings occurred and they started shutting down the clubs which primarily played black music. From what I remember:White Tings = Oceana, Syndicate, Baja, bars on park street and places by the waterfrontFunky House = Dojo, Panache, WarehouseHip Hop & RnB = Romeo Browns, E Shed, Warehouse, Panache, Bashment = Cosies, Mackies, Star & GarterPillhead music = Native, Timbuk2, Thekla, Lakota & Nuff othersDubstep = Black Swan, Native, The CroftBig Events/Concerts = Carling Academy
BTW being from London = p*ssy buffet.

But people go in there without needing to change, why should you?You shouldnt need to force it on yourselfs or have it set in mind
Everybody needs to change. I'm not saying you have to start drinking beer and listening to Indie... There are other changes to be made but if you go in closed minded you are only hurting yourself. You think anybody else cares if you're a total loner who learns nothing about how he comes across to people? Think you're gonna be able to get a job after 3 years of not using your social skills?

Guest M12 Part 2
But people go in there without needing to change, why should you?You shouldnt need to force it on yourselfs or have it set in mind
Everybody needs to change. I'm not saying you have to start drinking beer and listening to Indie... There are other changes to be made but if you go in closed minded you are only hurting yourself. You think anybody else cares if you're a total loner who learns nothing about how he comes across to people? Think you're gonna be able to get a job after 3 years of not using your social skills?
especially as a black person. you must make an effort to show through your communication skills that you are not any hoodrat from the ends. you would be surprised how stereotypical certain country bumpkins think you are supposed to come across even though you're at uni.im not saying befriend these types but u have to show them their misconceptions are wrong.Last year i would be stood outside my boys blocks and would ask someone for the code to get in. instead of my boy having to come down and let me in.responses varied from.cool to can i see your id card please (like say you're a security guard and have any authority to as that), to straight up are u going to steal anything

especially as a black person. you must make an effort to show through your communication skills that you are not any hoodrat from the ends. you would be surprised how stereotypical certain country bumpkins think you are supposed to come across even though you're at uni.im not saying befriend these types but u have to show them their misconceptions are wrong.Last year i would be stood outside my boys blocks and would ask someone for the code to get in. instead of my boy having to come down and let me in.responses varied from.cool to can i see your id card please (like say you're a security guard and have any authority to as that), to straight up are u going to steal anything
Both said valid points still. I'll just have to see how it goes when its time.Its the stuff I hear about uni, it makes me question bare stuff.

Both said valid points still. I'll just have to see how it goes when its time.Its the stuff I hear about uni, it makes me question bare stuff.
Haven't read the thread, where you going?By the way, advice to anyone going to a uni that's not full of black people... Join ACS. Afro-Caribbean Society. Sorted me nicely.

ye corse u shudnt force it cos u mite just spite everything u try from the begining if u think like that.i dont think change is the right word, cos it makes ppl think like they forget the old them and just turn into something else. thats not what its about, its about growing as a person from new experiences. u can still be everything u was and do everything u used to, but ontop of that u tried new things and can do stuff u didnt before.its not a NEED to grow or to be open, but its definately more enjoyable wen u find urself comfortable with new situations and ppl. just give things as much of a try as u can, obviously not force urself, but if u give things a chance u will probably find stuff ur comfortable with.

I'm not for this closed mind bullshit & i will be able 2 fit in with the people nicely cos i went 2 a middle class 6th form. its just the prty aspect ... where ther are heads jumping up & dwn 2 indie all night... already suffrd 2 yrs of it .. cnt hndle any mre. But ye im gnna enjoy myself either way & beat couple posh tings if i get the chance.

I'm not for this closed mind bullshit & i will be able 2 fit in with the people nicely cos i went 2 a middle class 6th form. its just the prty aspect ... where ther are heads jumping up & dwn 2 indie all night... already suffrd 2 yrs of it .. cnt hndle any mre. But ye im gnna enjoy myself either way & beat couple posh tings if i get the chance.
Shut the f*ck up, please.

see thats the kind of sh*t best not happen to mecos if some prick says that to me then im gonna end up gettin kicked out of uni for catching them in the student bar and slappin them couple times

its just the prty aspect ... where ther are heads jumping up & dwn 2 indie all night... already suffrd 2 yrs of it .. cnt hndle any mre. But ye im gnna enjoy myself either way & beat couple posh tings if i get the chance.
yh samelike u know theres gonna be non-indie stuff going on outside but u cant really go on ur ones.

its just the prty aspect ... where ther are heads jumping up & dwn 2 indie all night... already suffrd 2 yrs of it .. cnt hndle any mre. But ye im gnna enjoy myself either way & beat couple posh tings if i get the chance.
yh samelike u know theres gonna be non-indie stuff going on outside but u cant really go on ur ones.
u will always find a few heads who would reach other things IF that was the case.