Platini regrets not being brought up by Wengers parents

Guest LucaPiano

Guest LucaPiano

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has said he was "stunned" by a personal attack on him by Uefa president Michel Platini in a French newspaper.Platini told Grenoble-based daily newspaper Dauphine Libere that he did not agree with the Gunners boss' approach to management - saying he is more business-orientated and does not focus enough on football.Wenger has been universally praised in England, and especially among Arsenal supporters, for his prudent approach to the transfer market.His uncanny ability to bring on younger talents and less well-known players signed on a shoestring budget - when compared to his rivals such as Manchester United and Chelsea – has also earned him plaudits.But Platini said he believes Wenger takes things too far by being overly cautious when building a team."I like to talk about football, [Wenger] about business. We must stop with Wenger and all that," the Uefa chief explained.Later in the same interview, Platini again singled out Wenger and Arsenal for criticism when questioned about his thoughts on CFR Cluj's shock win at AS Roma in the Champions League last week."That is what makes football so great," Platini added."It is what people like Wenger do not want - little clubs beating the big clubs - because they want their business."In response to Platini's seemingly unprovoked attack, Wenger told L'Equipe newspaper he was "stunned" by the "aggressive content of Platini's words"."I am a supporter of good management of clubs, for financial equilibrium and Uefa must equally support this idea," he said."I am fighting for the future of the game and of football."I don't see why Uefa should take umbrage at ideas that are different from their own."

UEFA president Michel Platini launched an astonishing attack on fellow countryman Arsène Wenger yesterday afternoon, with the 53-year-old slamming the Gunners prized youth system.The interview, which is due to be published in Le Dauphiné on Thursday, comes out in a week which sees the epitome of Wenger’s philosophy, youth development, take centre stage in the Carling Cup. But whilst most Gooners are excited about seeing some of the stars of tomorrow, Platini described the nurturing and, on occasions, the sale of young players as treating the game like a business. “Me, I only want to talk about football, he (Wenger) only cares about business. We must shut up with Wenger and everything. He is an extremely selfish person.”Not content with just questioning Arsène’s love for the game, he continued by mocking the Arsenal managers views on goal line technology. Wenger has often called for it to be introduced to aid referees, but Michel was less than impressed with the idea. “I would not mind if the technology is introduced, just as long as Arsène Wenger is not around to see it. (Smiles)”With the reporter keen to switch attention away from the onslaught on Wenger, Platini was quizzed on the recent round of Champions League fixtures, which saw new boys Cluj-Napoca beat Roma.However, he once more used this as a chance to insult his fellow countryman, who has achieved fantastic success as a manager, something Platini had failed at. “The fact that Cluj beat Roma is very interesting don’t you think?, this is the beauty of football, where the small beats the big, something Wenger does not like.”The news will no doubt be ‘water of a ducks back’ for the Frenchman, who will be hoping the latest crop of youngsters can prove Platini wrong and achieve big things in the coming season, starting with the Carling Cup.
smh

Guest M12 Part 2

so when platini says united and chelsea are in "debt" lets stop them playing in CL, all you arsenal fans suck his arsehole.when he disagrees with how wenger manages your club financially, then you throw your dummies out.SMH

Platini backtracks on Wenger criticism• Uefa president 'too harsh' with Arsenal manager• Aldo Platini reprimanded his son over commentsThe Uefa president Michel Platini today qualified his criticism of the Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger, and admitted that his father Aldo, who gave Wenger his first coaching job at Nancy, had reprimanded him for the comments in which he claimed Wenger was more concerned with business than football."I have been too harsh with Arsène," said Michel Platini in an interview with the French newspaper Sud-Ouest. "I have been scolded by my dad who gave him his first start. But when I talk about business, I mean attracting young players aged 13 or 14. I can't bear that."
Dad telling you to shut the f*ck when you're president. :lol: