ViP2 Amateur Football Thread

Flojo

Basically this topic is for everyone who plays for a local side at amateur or semi pro to talk about their team and possibly review their performance etcI didn't play last season but I'm going back to my old team this season (East Ward), team mates are a set of jokers and win lose or draw its always an entertaining weekend.I haven't been playing for the past year or doing any specific keep fit so I decided to get a few games under my belt for a team in a lower ranked league before going back to my proper team (Baildon). I ran into one of old team mates from my junior team who asked me and one of my boys to come along cos the were in desperate need of some decent players (they've won 1 game in 3 years :mellow:).Me and my boy went training last wednesday and they seemed like a decent bunch of players but they spent half the time cussing themselves. I have been playing wide right for the past few years but my old team mate who invited me along remembers me as a CF cos me and my boy had a good partnership at our junior team so thats where he asked us to play. 1st HalfSo on sunday we were playing top of the league with me and my boy starting up front. We went 1 nil up a ball got slipped through to me, I ran onto it and hit it with the outside of my right fot into the far corner just as the keeper came and took me out on the edge of the 18 yard box. everyones celebrating bar me and my boy...our goalkeeper is on the edge of his 18 yard box celebrating while the other team are taking centre so one of their players has a go from the centre circle and lobs our keeper :mellow: Anyway we got it to 2-1 a slick passing move on the right and our right winger scores a goal after cutting in from the right. after some shite defending they get it back to 2-2. I scored a 2nd after a ball got slipped through by my boy and I round the keeper. We go in at the break 3-2 up but I am f*cked, like feel like I'm gonna collapse f*cked. My first game in over 9 months so it was to be expected but I feel like i'm dying.2nd halfWe get it to 4-2 after my boy scores but they get two back to bring it to 4-4 after some shocking defending. My boy scores another to get it to 5-4 but they draw level more or less straight after. at this point I've got my 2nd breath and I'm feeling ok but I'm getting pissed cos we keep letting them back in the game. I had one chance in the 2nd half but I had to rush the shot and tried to lob the keeper from about 20 yards and it went narrowly wide.Anyway its 5-5 and they have a corner. I'm on the half way line with their 2 CB's when one of them says to the other go up for the corner, I think to myself I should track him but I think f*ck it i'll gamble and hope it gets cleared to me so I'm one on one with their CB. The corner gets taken and headed out to the edge of the 18 yard box where the CB I gambled on is standing. :mellow:He hits it on the volley first time and it flies in...I was PISSED. After that the game fell away from us and we ended up losing 8-5 after my boy got sent off for pushing this ginger boy in the face for taking out his ankles :lol:Was a decent game that we could so easily have won had we kept our concentration.surely theirs man on here who play and want to speak about their games?

• Upvote 1

need to get back into footballplayed for a team called phoenix last season then got injured about 3/4 of the way thru the season. Team folded because our manage wanted to stop managing eventually and one of the players in our teams dad said he would take over, but he just didnt without telling any of us he wasnt going to so the team just broke up. I missed my presentation like a fool and won most improved, got a sick glass trophy tho. but yeah i definately need to get back into football, used to play LB even tho im right footed but prefer playing on the wing.

aint played for a club for like 2 yearsim just 'severly lacking match fitness' tbh
I had to get back into football, last season made me realise how important it was. When I don't play it feels as if something is missing if you get what I mean no matter how many sick raves I go to or how good a time I have doing other things.Got excited just shooting at proper nets when I was warming up on sunday.

turst*joins the i need to get back into it mandem*i miss it all my boys got lazy aswelli actually shudderd at the thought that im going to be playing fifa 10v 10 online (excited at same time) when man can play in a real teaminfact i have no idea what teams are about or whos looking for playerswhos got a hook upno south london tho

boy was playin in the islington mid week league last few seasons in goal first season i played team was in division 1 finished second in the league got promoted to the prem.played a few more seasons but team folded due to the fact the team didnt train and it was just bare road man from hackney and totty just kicking ball in a real madrid kit, was a sick team but when we got told we owed the league £700 no one was on paying thatso this season been looking for a team at the mo signed up for leyton fc, but gotta wait my chance to break into first team plus work on my fittness been to lazy for too long. doing preseason with them was a shock to the system big time all running around big ass fields up and down fat hills, 2 laps in under 12 mins was a killer.but at the same time as leyton also playing in the sunday league over hackney marshes in the prem as well so playing on a regs.

aint played for a club for like 2 yearsim just 'severly lacking match fitness' tbh
I had to get back into football, last season made me realise how important it was. When I don't play it feels as if something is missing if you get what I mean no matter how many sick raves I go to or how good a time I have doing other things.Got excited just shooting at proper nets when I was warming up on sunday.
EXACTLY the same for me, when i was injured for 9 months of last season with a hernia injury it was proper weird. Really felt like there was something missing.Well i was playing in conference south last season for Thurrock, banged in a good amount of goals and had some interest from a couple conference teams.Decided a few weeks ago that i don't wanna play football at that level anymore for the fore-seeable future. I just don't enjoy it anymore, like i don't look forward to training or match days. When i hit the net it's not the same feeling, very sad when i actually sat down and thought about it but it is what it is.Few of my boys started a team at goals a couple weeks ago so will probably just play that for a while, quite excited bout that tbh.

All about how much you enjoy it really, maybe that enjoyment will come back in time.Their is a guy who plays for my team in his 40's and you can see his class even now. When he was younger he played semi pro and was well known as a player who had the potential to play pro but he declined trial offers from bare clubs because all he wanted to do was play with his mates. Crazy guy in my opinion.

All about how much you enjoy it really, maybe that enjoyment will come back in time.Their is a guy who plays for my team in his 40's and you can see his class even now. When he was younger he played semi pro and was well known as a player who had the potential to play pro but he declined trial offers from bare clubs because all he wanted to do was play with his mates. Crazy guy in my opinion.
it does seem crazy but some people just dont wanna get into the whole pro football thing init, some people just like playing football from time to time but wanna live a different life. It does seem mad to others tho, i couldnt turn down trials, i love football too much.

Don't get me wrong i would never turn down a trial/contract at a pro club. But i just can't hack it at Semi-Pro level.I like to play a certain way and all the teams at this level just lump the ball forward and have the striker chasing the ball for 90 f*ck*ng minutes.I was left angry after EVERY match even if i had scored, i just wanna play football. Only 5% of players at this level actually have a footballing brain.Can't even be bothered to get into it too deeply but u get my drift

I get what you mean now,ie Telling players to do the basics, playing the line ball for strikers to chase down and hopefully make something of it. I think that way of thinking will be gradually phased out but it will be too late for our generation to se the affects of it, stuff like that makes me want to become a manager at youth level.

Being over 5'11'', slight build & Black means 3 things in English football...1. You're playing centre-back2. If you're plaing midfield, you're playing a holding role3. If you're playing upfront, you could look like Will Smith, they're taking you for any Emile HeskeyFor my current team, up until last Saturday, I've been playing upfront and it's f*ck*ng annoying knowing you like to come deep for the ball, with it to feet but they want you bang in the middle, winning aerial challenges, roughing up defenders, holding play...I shouldn't even BE upfront. f*ck sake...

Being over 5'11'', slight build & Black means 3 things in English football...1. You're playing centre-back2. If you're plaing midfield, you're playing a holding role3. If you're playing upfront, you could look like Will Smith, they're taking you for any Emile HeskeyFor my current team, up until last Saturday, I've been playing upfront and it's f*ck*ng annoying knowing you like to come deep for the ball, with it to feet but they want you bang in the middle, winning aerial challenges, roughing up defenders, holding play...I shouldn't even BE upfront. f*ck sake...
Tough 2nd post.

That's what im saying, i wanna come short and get it to feet.I wanna be given the freedom to play and express myself, i have ability and wanna show it.I think at this level the focus is completely on winning so no matter what age you are they won't give u the opportunity to play football coz it could lead to a mistake and the conceding of a goal. That's a chance all managers i've come across aren't willing to take.When i was at Charlton i loved it, was given so much confidence by managers and coaches to express myself and utilise my talent.Maybe i will get back into it one day, afterall i've only just turnt 21 but at the moment i can't. Looks like i'm leaving the game a 2004 Thierry Henry and will have to come back as Emile Heskey

TBH, this has been my philosophy for this season and I came up with it during pre-season...I'm like 6'1'', 14 stone but I'm tryna change my style to that of a player who's like 5'7'' and slightly ligther meaning there's more emphasis on technique, speed and more importantly, footballing intelligence which is hard to accomplish when my coaches are constantly telling me to make more use of my size.Something I think more coaches need to do. Something I've always thought made sense for taller, stronger players would be to maintain that athleticism but continually focus on their technical & tactical aspects of the game to the point that when they're on the pitch, their athleticism is their 'insurance'...

c/s Leutanant & MikePlayed for work a couple times up front, f*ck*ng enfuriatingbare long ballsI suppose it doesnt help my case that Im tall + quick but stillllAnyway Im slowly gettin back to fitness to get back into a proper team, right now my fitness isnt GREATthough im not sure it ever was, just everybody elses was sh*t.Am going to see what Millwall is saying again.I know, but..its worth it.+ talked a bit with lenny a while ago about startin a south LDN team in a league, need to re-check on this tomorrow..

If you're struggling for fitness, try to get in some decent 5-a-side, train 11-a-side and if your 11-a-side team ain't serious, then simply go jogging as much as you can and do HIIT...I STRONGLY recommend HIIT because with football, you're always moving at alternate speeds and in alternate directions.Drink bare water too.

If you're struggling for fitness, try to get in some decent 5-a-side, train 11-a-side and if your 11-a-side team ain't serious, then simply go jogging as much as you can and do HIIT...I STRONGLY recommend HIIT because with football, you're always moving at alternate speeds and in alternate directions.Drink bare water too.
Another thing that infuriates me is pre-season training.How the f*ck are u gonna have man running hills for 2 hours.When the f*ck is it likely im gonna have to run over rocks for 2 hours in a game of football.Short sharp stuff is much more specific and beneficial to a game of football.

I know hardly anyone is online but when you do read this, who here is any good with dead-ball set-pieces, especially free-kicks?I was trying out the CR7 free-kick technique and my respect for him went up for him in that sense...f*ck*ng HELL, that free-kick technique is f*ckED! Only technique I've seen that rivals his, in regards to execution, is the Ducth-style which the likes of VDV, RVP, Sneijder & Van Hooijdonk use/used to use....

Another thing that infuriates me is pre-season training.How the f*ck are u gonna have man running hills for 2 hours.When the f*ck is it likely im gonna have to run over rocks for 2 hours in a game of football.Short sharp stuff is much more specific and beneficial to a game of football.
Nah, pre-season training is sick...The long-distance sh*t is good for gradually building up your engine/stamina but the short stuff is for actual match situations because when you think about it, you're not on the ball for an actual long time...Long-distance mixed with HIIT and you're laughing fitness-wise in matches