ViP2 Amateur Football Thread

Flojo

• 4 months later...

BUMP

I can't be the only one FIENING to play football on a more regular basis, f*ck*ng hell, I hate this period of the year.The way I've got my lil' size 2 football, bussing Panna tricks in my yard like my name is Edgar Davids & banging out the FM on a 9-5 steez.Any of you man playing ball right now, regularly? BRING INS!Contribute, this thread >>> ____________________________________

Gave up football for a year, fitness is shegged!!!!Been training on my own(cardio + weights) 4 times a week for the last 2 weeks in preparation for pre-season training.Got a couple trials lined up at semi pro clubs for pre-season so need to get back in shape.But yeah can't wait for next season and to be playing competitive 11-a-side football again.Getting my Adipures next week as well.

Gave up football for a year, fitness is shegged!!!!Been training on my own(cardio + weights) 4 times a week for the last 2 weeks in preparation for pre-season training.Got a couple trials lined up at semi pro clubs for pre-season so need to get back in shape.But yeah can't wait for next season and to be playing competitive 11-a-side football again.Getting my Adipures next week as well.
What semi-pro teams/what area have you got the trials for?

Love it, played for 11side team, was decent, breaking into the top 3 - 5 nearly every season. I was right wing, pacey and love geting round players.I normaly cut in from the flank and do one twos with the striker then boooom top corner, my crosses was sickening too.then i quit cos my injury that left me out for like 6 months.Started getting back into it, my friend wanted me to join his team i said na, i was doing training nearly every day,trying to work on everypart of my body, then got back into it. Joined his team, the training was easy, the other players played like they eat like fat pat.Anyway we did some friendlys yesterday, as a lil mess about, was really fun, won 1-0 first game, 2-2 the second, 4-1 the third and the last game we won 2-0.Glad to be back:)

Guest faze .

had an awful season....f*cked from dayone when i did my ankle ligament preseason....kept tweaking them over the season, then did my other ankle....started playing 5 a side and everythings feeling ok atm.... need to get on this pre season sh*t and join a weekend team when im at uni...

Thinking about getting into a lil team this season still.Fitness is getting better... ankle is a slightly sheg from some dumb challenge some sikh yewt done on me last month, im just not looking to be ina boog team.Went to some team on monday... sh*t was a shambles... hardly did anything. Coach had them doing some random drills then all of a sudden they're playing a match... i was just like .. :| skeen... sh*t was worse than them community football sports programmes i use to go to on half term of primary school.When they started playing the match. sh*t was so sloppy, man bunching together, backline come like a zig zag.Me and my boy wasnt even playing and then we just joined in for a laugh mid match, one on either side. He scored for his team and i made an assist for mine (Even though i usually play RB i was playing RM coz they had some next sheg guy who they put in that position). We was betta than everyone else.The coach comes like Gareth Southgate. Some fassy he don't wanna be stern on them.. mans on this "they're having fun" when man are losing every game. Team ranges from ike 18 to late 20's and some of these man didnt even have a football bone in there body.

What semi-pro teams/what area have you got the trials for?
Bromley in south and Thurrock in Essex(near Lakeside).But..I don't think i will take up either offer yet. Both managers knew me from when i was playing before but because i haven't played 11-a-side in a year i don't think i will do myself justice. So will have half a season/a season in Ryman 1 then move on from there.

Thinking about getting into a lil team this season still.Fitness is getting better... ankle is a slightly sheg from some dumb challenge some sikh yewt done on me last month, im just not looking to be ina boog team.Went to some team on monday... sh*t was a shambles... hardly did anything. Coach had them doing some random drills then all of a sudden they're playing a match... i was just like .. :| skeen... sh*t was worse than them community football sports programmes i use to go to on half term of primary school.When they started playing the match. sh*t was so sloppy, man bunching together, backline come like a zig zag.Me and my boy wasnt even playing and then we just joined in for a laugh mid match, one on either side. He scored for his team and i made an assist for mine (Even though i usually play RB i was playing RM coz they had some next sheg guy who they put in that position). We was betta than everyone else.The coach comes like Gareth Southgate. Some fassy he don't wanna be stern on them.. mans on this "they're having fun" when man are losing every game. Team ranges from ike 18 to late 20's and some of these man didnt even have a football bone in there body.
Lol was this an actual football team?

Haven't played ball for a long time..Main position is GK, started playing 5 a side tournament for Thamesmead Town FC, reached the final without conceding a goal...got injured early into the semi final, final comes and we lose 1-0.Stopped playing due to lack of support from my Dad really...I'm talking a good 6-7 years ago now..remember one tournament we was in, doing quite well and my Dad's like "we gotta go son" mid way through a tournament...face droppedlooking to start up again, starting with 5s or 7s...my fitness is a joke and I severly lack pace, but i guess thats why I'm a GK

Was at woking 1 n a half years ago, got injured (tendonitis), injury wouldnt go away..woking basically released me..i was in my last year scholar with a view to turning pro..that injury killed it completely...rested it thought it was alright..went back to playing (pain killers // anti inflammatorys galore) f*cking thing came back..carried on playing as i didnt want to miss pre season..done a pres season with corinthian causals in the ryman league...knee totally broke down on me..just now im coming back getting my touch n sharpness back!..Got couple offers from couple ryman prem teams just dont wanna go there 65% and embarass myself! also set up a 5-aside ting at goals in beckenham startin dis wednesday! need a gk as it goes if any1's interested!!