Keane "Attitude of the players & fans was poor"

Flojo

Sunderland boss Roy Keane has launched a scathing attack on his players and fans after Tuesday's Carling Cup victory over Northampton Town.The Black Cats were booed after needing two late goals to force extra-time but eventually won through on penalties.Keane told BBC Radio: "It was a shambles from the first minute."The attitude of our players and fans was poor. I have no problem with people complaining but I got abuse from one or two fans and I will not tolerate that."Sunderland are now into the fourth round of the competition but Keane added: "How we got through, I will never know."Overall it was one of the worst nights I have had in my football career."I just felt everyone turned up - the supporters and the players - and thought we were going to win without putting the work in."It is down to me to sort that out. This feels like a defeat because I am trying to run a club where there is hunger, desire and good attitude from everyone and I didn't feel that at all."One or two players have been to see me lately (about getting a chance to play) and I reminded them at half-time not to come and see me again."To say we were poor would be an understatement."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...and/7633287.stmlol Listen to the interview, he honestly pulls no punches.

"One or two players have been to see me lately (about getting a chance to play) and I reminded them at half-time not to come and see me again.
lol. You don't f*ck with Keano.
lmao hes sick
:lol:Imagine your the recipient of that bar though, must have felt like Lethal B when Wiley dropped 'Your mums got athletes foot' and everyone went nuts.

"One or two players have been to see me lately (about getting a chance to play) and I reminded them at half-time not to come and see me again.
lol. You don't f*ck with Keano.
lmao hes sick
:lol:Imagine your the recipient of that bar though, must have felt like Lethal B when Wiley dropped 'Your mums got athletes foot' and everyone went nuts.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: "Yeah I'm ready gaff!"............

"I think I face my biggest challenge as a manager now. The last big one? After I first arrived we went to Ipswich and got beaten 3-1 and I swear they were playing the Abba music before the game. Just before we went out to play, Abba was on, Dancing Queen I think it was. Ipswich would have been outside our dressing room listening to us lot listening to Dancing Queen and thinking we've got a great chance against these! That's what I would be thinking. And they beat us. I think a few of the players liked the Abba, that was the bloody problem. Two of them were dancing in the corner, they didn't want to go out and play the game, they wanted to listen to bloody Abba. It was the masseur playing the lead role. He was playing the music. I remember stepping back thinking that's not right. None of the players had the balls to say 'Hey we're not listening to this rubbish.' That masseur is no longer at the club"

"I think I face my biggest challenge as a manager now. The last big one? After I first arrived we went to Ipswich and got beaten 3-1 and I swear they were playing the Abba music before the game. Just before we went out to play, Abba was on, Dancing Queen I think it was. Ipswich would have been outside our dressing room listening to us lot listening to Dancing Queen and thinking we've got a great chance against these! That's what I would be thinking. And they beat us. I think a few of the players liked the Abba, that was the bloody problem. Two of them were dancing in the corner, they didn't want to go out and play the game, they wanted to listen to bloody Abba. It was the masseur playing the lead role. He was playing the music. I remember stepping back thinking that's not right. None of the players had the balls to say 'Hey we're not listening to this rubbish.' That masseur is no longer at the club"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: