So my car gets clamped on saturday night

LuLu

so im driving down wilmslow road on saturday night on my way back from fallowfield, stop for something to eat and park down the sidestreet, there is little lighting, anyhow i get out walk a few yards and some dudes from the window above the shop shout 'u cant park there love, ur car will get clamped 'so i turn around and before u know it, my car has been clamped.im like WTF, where did this motherf*ckin car clamp people come from, they just sprung out from nowhere.i was not impressed but luckily i didnt have to pay the full clamp charge as i argued my case well.has anyone else had their car clamped before ?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless they've finished putting the clamp on, they have to stop if you arrive while they're doing it.Same if they're towing it.If all four wheels haven't left the ground to get the car on the truck, they have to stop. They usually don't unless you force them though.Hang tight my dad getting his crowbar out the back to convince them back in the day.

LOL they clamped you in seconds? Guy woulda got RUSHED!
i know, its a disgracei had literally got out the car, walked a few yards and bang boom ba, turn around and the motherf*ckas are clamping my wheel@ j lovely, i have no luck with my car at allmy mum had to pay the m6 toll for me yesterday cos they would of took me to court otherwise

there was no other potential free parking spaces so i parked at the end of road and it was that dark outside, i didnt even clock the notice with its small print.im just thankful the car didnt end up getting towed away.

clamped!!watch when u get ur cars towed, its the worst feeling in the world so much things are running through ur head "is my car stolen" "was it really towed" i got to pay how much" all within the hour when i got my car back i was now shook parking my car an leaving it even if it was on some normal back street where nothing can happen to it still get shook till this day it will scar u for life

You would have been better off parking in the Total peccy station Lulu.
I know, funny thing was , i was actually parked in there waiting for my friend earlier on in the dayoh well, nevermind, worse things have happened to me.

thats why i didnt have to pay the full price cos i had a disabled badge in the car but cos it wasnt displayed on the dashboard they started going on with themselves so i just had to tell them, that it was my badge and i needed the car to get around cos i couldnt walk properly, so then i put on the waterworks and the guy started chatting on how he felt sorry about the situation but he was just doin his job.so in the end i just had to give the money what i had on me at the time, which certainly wasnt near 90 squid, they also gave me a warning about where to and not park etcthen i watched make some guy pay 90 quid for the clamp to be removed from his car.