Jay Z

PopT

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big money, mayn - we only ride the bestThis one and only, big homeyTried to told you I'm thug, haSo far I'm tourin on foreign landWorldwide I'm known for the Arm & Hamm--Er, Murder the streets I'm a wanted man(But the flow's like dope) So it's on againStarted with the block, hit it brick by brickThen I charted with the ROC nigga, hit by hitI'm retarded with the glock nigga, clip by clipThe competition is none, they deceased to existLet it breathe a little bitHe's off his rocker, he's a lil schitz'Roll like a football, Hov' used to cook rawNow I got the game sewn like granny's good shawlSure, y'all niggaz want warY'all got it backwards, y'all should want rawY'all should want more (and more, and more - uhh!)

I sold it all from crack to o-pium, in third personI don't wanna see em, so I'm rehearsinwith my peoples high to GM, from a remote lo-cationin the BM, scopin the whole situation like, "Dayamm!"Metamorphic, as the dope turns to cre-ambut one of these buyers got eyes like a KoreanIt's difficult to read em, the windows to his soulare half closed, I put the key inPulled off slow, hopin my people flee-inChink tried to knock the only link that tied me inCoppers was watchin us through nighttime binocularsThis time they got us on tape, exchangin dope for dollarsMake me wanna, holler back at the crib in the saunaPrayin my people bailed out like Time/WarnerAwaitin call, from his kin not the coronerPhone in my hand, nervous confined to a cornerBeads of sweat second thoughts on my mindHow can I ease the stress and learn to live with these regretsThis time... stress... givin this sh*t up... f*ck

Ahh, who wanna bet us that we don't touch leathersStack cheddars forever, live treacherous all the et ceterasTo the death of us, me and my confidants, we shineYou feel the ambiance, y'all niggaz just rhymeBy the ounce dough accumulates like snowWe don't just shine, we illuminate the whole show; you feel me?Factions from the other side would love to kill meSpill three quarts of my blood into the street, let alone the heatf*ck em, we hate a nigga lovin this lifeIn all possible ways, know the Feds is buggin my lifeHospital days, reflectin when my man laid upOn the Uptown high block he got his side sprayed upI saw his life slippin, this is a minor set backYo, still in all we livin, just dream about the get backThat made him smile though his eyes said, "Pray for me"I'll do you one better and slay these niggaz faithfullyMurder is a tough thing to digest, it's a slow processand I ain't got nothin but timeI had near brushes, not to mention three shotsclose range, never touched me, divine interventionCan't stop I, from drinkin Mai-Tai's, with Ta TaDown in Nevada, ha ha, Poppa, word lifeI dabbled in crazy weight without rap, I was crazy straightPotnah, I'm still spendin money from eighty-eight... what?You already know what it is.Fav Jay-Z song though is D'evils.

I sold it all from crack to o-pium, in third personI don't wanna see em, so I'm rehearsinwith my peoples high to GM, from a remote lo-cationin the BM, scopin the whole situation like, "Dayamm!"Metamorphic, as the dope turns to cre-ambut one of these buyers got eyes like a KoreanIt's difficult to read em, the windows to his soulare half closed, I put the key inPulled off slow, hopin my people flee-inChink tried to knock the only link that tied me inCoppers was watchin us through nighttime binocularsThis time they got us on tape, exchangin dope for dollarsMake me wanna, holler back at the crib in the saunaPrayin my people bailed out like Time/WarnerAwaitin call, from his kin not the coronerPhone in my hand, nervous confined to a cornerBeads of sweat second thoughts on my mindHow can I ease the stress and learn to live with these regretsThis time... stress... givin this sh*t up... f*ck
This however is the best Jay Z verse no contest.

This however is the best Jay Z verse no contest.
lmao, was jus lisetnin to this and have to c/sThoguh tbh listening to most of reasonable doubt I get these thoughts.

Well I'm gone... yo, yo, yoCopped to reach my quota, push rock, roll up smooth like on yaWhole groove like hold-up, swoll upToo many faggot niggaz, clockin my spendinExercisin you're, gay like minds like Richard SimmonsIf you could catch Jay right, on the late nightwithout the eight right, maybe you could test my weight, rightI dip, speak quicker than you ever seenadminster pain, next the minister's screamin your nameAt your wake as I peak in, look in your casketfeelin sarcastic, "Look at him, still sleepin"You never ready, forever petty minds stay pettyMines thinkin longevity until I'm seventyLivin heavenly, f*ck, felony after felony, what?Nigga ya broke, what the f*ck you gon' tell me?

Guest WAVESURFER

Either the second or third verse from "Song Cry".Second verse:On repeat, the CD of Big's "Me and My Bitch"Watchin Bonnie and Clyde, pretendin to be that sh*tEmpty gun in your hand sayin, "Let me see that clip"Shoppin sprees, pull out your Visa quickA nigga had very bad credit, you helped me lease that whipYou helped me get the keys to that V dot 6We was so happy poor but when we got richThat's when our signals got crossed, and we got flippedRather mine, I don't know what made me leave that sh*tMade me speed that quick, let me see - that's itIt was the cheese helped them bitches get amnesia quickI used to cut up they buddies, now they sayin they love meUsed to tell they friends I was ugly and wouldn't touch meThen I showed up in that dubbed out buggyAnd then they got FUZZY and they don't remember thatAnd I don't remember you..Third Verse:A face of stone, was shocked on the other end of the phoneWord back home is that you had a special friendSo what was oh so special then?You have given away without gettin at meThat's your fault, how many times you forgiven me?How was I to know that you was plain sick of me?I know the way a nigga livin was whackBut you don't get a nigga back like that!sh*t I'm a man with pride, you don't do sh*t like thatYou don't just pick up and leave and leave me sick like thatYou don't throw away what we had, just like thatI was just f*ckin them girls, I was gon' get right backThey say you can't turn a bad girl goodBut once a good girl's goin bad, she's gone forever..I'll mourn foreversh*t I gotta live with the fact I did you wrong foreversh*t just gets me every time I play it.

We used to fight for building blocksNow we fight for blocks with buildings that make a killingThe closest of friends when we first startedBut grew apart as the money grew, and soon grew black-heartedThinkin back when we first learned to use rubbersHe never learned so in turn I'm kidnappin his baby's motherMy hand around her collar, feeding her cheeseShe said the taste of dollars was shitty so I fed her fiftiesAbout his whereabouts I wasn't convincedSo I kept feedin her money 'til her sh*t started to make senseWho could ever foresee, we used to stay up all night at slumber partiesNow I'm tryin to rock this bitch to sleepAll the years we were real closeNow I see his fears through her tearsKnow she's wishin we were still closeDon't cry, it is to beIn time, I'll take away your miseries and make 'em mine, D'Evils...
2nd verse from D'Evils
It's the Dynasty niggaz... as promised...The world's most infamous...Roc-A-Fella Records...This is Roc La Familia...It's Young Hova... Beanie Sigel... Memphis Bleek... Amil-lion...It's the Dynasty niggaz... 2000 to infinity...This is ghetto to ghetto.. gutter to gutter..Street corner to street corner.. project to project..Worldwide... walk with us niggaz...Hoffa... Dash... it's the Dynasty niggazCheck it out...Uhh... walk with me... talk to me... yo..The theme song to +The Sopranos+plays in the key of life on my, mental pianoGot a strange way of seein life likeI'm Stevie Wonder with, beads under the doo-ragIntuition is there even when my vision's impaired, yeahKnowin I can go, just switchin a spareOn the highway of life, nigga it's sharp in my sightOh! Keen senses ever since I was a, teen on the bencheseverytime somebody like Enus was mentionedI would turn green, me, bein in the trenchesHim, livin adventureous not worryin about expendituresI'm bravin temperatures below zero, no heroNo father figure, you gotta pardon a niggaBut I'm starvin my niggaz, and the weight loss in my figureis startin to darken my heart, bout to get to my liverWatch it my niggaz, I'm tryin to be calm but I'm gon' get richerthrough any means, with that thing that Malcolm palmed in the pictureNever read the Qu'ran or Islamic scripturesOnly psalms I read was on the arms of my niggazTattooed so I carry on like I'm non-religiousClap whoever stand between Shawn and figuresNiggaz, say it's the dawn/Don but I'm superstitioussh*t is as dark as it's been, nothin is goin as you predictedI move with biscuits, stop the harder niggaz actin too suspiciousThis is, food for thought, you do the dishes
Intro for The Dynasty Roc La Familia

Well I'm gone... yo, yo, yoCopped to reach my quota, push rock, roll up smooth like on yaWhole groove like hold-up, swoll upToo many faggot niggaz, clockin my spendinExercisin you're, gay like minds like Richard SimmonsIf you could catch Jay right, on the late nightwithout the eight right, maybe you could test my weight, rightI dip, speak quicker than you ever seenadminster pain, next the minister's screamin your nameAt your wake as I peak in, look in your casketfeelin sarcastic, "Look at him, still sleepin"You never ready, forever petty minds stay pettyMines thinkin longevity until I'm seventyLivin heavenly, f*ck, felony after felony, what?Nigga ya broke, what the f*ck you gon' tell me?
I smell some reefer, now you see?That's why, our people don't have anythingBecause we don't know how to go in places and act properly"Hey shut the f*ck up!" :lol: :lol: :lol: Lyrics, beats; Reasonable Doubt is Godly. Feel to make a poll with it against Illmatic but I'm scared of who I'll vote for =/

You lil niggas ain’t deep, you dumb You niggas ain’t gangsta, you gum I chew lil niggas Hock-tphew spew lil niggas I can only view lil niggas like lil niggas But in lieu of lil niggas Tryin' to play that boy, I ptoo-ptoo lil niggas with the latest toy Unlike you lil nigga, I’m a grown ass man Big shoes to fill, nigga, grown ass pants Prolly hustled with ya pops, go ask ya parents Its apparent ya’ll staring at a legend Who put a few lil niggas in they place before Trying to eat without saying they “Grace” before Blasphemous bastard, get your faith restored Ya’ll viewin’ ya’ll version of the Lord God MC lil nigga, applaud or Forever burn in the fire that I spit at ya’ll I rebuke you, little nigga! The meek shall inherit, I ROOF you little nigga I’m a project terroristCUTE you little niggas think you in my class Substitute lil niggas who feel my wrath I mute you little nigga You a lil nigga- I child abuse you lil nigga I’m a ill nigga Now shoo! You lil niggas go somewhere and play Cause the day I lose to you lil niggas? No day!

You lil niggas ain’t deep, you dumb You niggas ain’t gangsta, you gum I chew lil niggas Hock-tphew spew lil niggas I can only view lil niggas like lil niggas But in lieu of lil niggas Tryin' to play that boy, I ptoo-ptoo lil niggas with the latest toy Unlike you lil nigga, I’m a grown ass man Big shoes to fill, nigga, grown ass pants Prolly hustled with ya pops, go ask ya parents Its apparent ya’ll staring at a legend Who put a few lil niggas in they place before Trying to eat without saying they “Grace” before Blasphemous bastard, get your faith restored Ya’ll viewin’ ya’ll version of the Lord God MC lil nigga, applaud or Forever burn in the fire that I spit at ya’ll I rebuke you, little nigga! The meek shall inherit, I ROOF you little nigga I’m a project terroristCUTE you little niggas think you in my class Substitute lil niggas who feel my wrath I mute you little nigga You a lil nigga- I child abuse you lil nigga I’m a ill nigga Now shoo! You lil niggas go somewhere and play Cause the day I lose to you lil niggas? No day!
That verse was FOUL.Put Lil' Wayne in his PLACE. Humbled him nicely...

LIke them verses but the song is depressing mayn
I love that emotional sh*t, man.ONLY when it's done RIGHT though.And on that song it was done to PERFECTION.
True, but the song reminds me of when I got rich and it kinda forced a split between me and my girlAnd by rich, I mean I tried to pay for a can of coke with a wrapper from a cheeseburger.Times are hard.

Guest WAVESURFER
LIke them verses but the song is depressing mayn
I love that emotional sh*t, man.ONLY when it's done RIGHT though.And on that song it was done to PERFECTION.
True, but the song reminds me of when I got rich and it kinda forced a split between me and my girlAnd by rich, I mean I tried to pay for a can of coke with a wrapper from a cheeseburger.Times are hard.
:lol:

Whats your best jay z verse mines probably still go love for you
C/S. think you misunderstood me the first time..Listen - that was my hurt in my heart talkin, along with the truthI would thirst often as a youth cause of you the personMoms nursin self-esteem issuesRound the house it's hard to find a clean tissue, minus her tearsTo rewind this time I promise I minused my yearsto the day to take the pain awaySeemed sunny outside, always rained on JayPop you my umbrella, come help your son with the weatherSoon we come together like man and man and buildPlay space, cards face up, I've come to dealIn order to get right we gotta deal with this wrongAnd the pain I felt all my life you feel in the songYour lack of warmth left a chill in the morn'Your lack of love, left me loveless, and I'm of your breathI'm your mind body and soul, your heart, your fleshYour alcohol, your smoke, in results I'm a messAnd dad, still I love you no less dadHope you didn't think success would make me less madBut not mad, just dissapointed - we wasted yearsI swear to God, may you take me away from hereIf you taught me anythingThe one thing you taught me is to face my fears, cowardHow could you let me grow without you?Grind in this rap game, take dough without you?Wear my Pro Keds close to the sole/soul without you?Family pictures pose without you - why?Why shouldn't I be mad?Monster's parents seperated, Monster had his dadThese parents had they problems, he still came to the padHe bought 'em new bikes, imagine what that felt likeUsed to have to butt my head to go to sleep at nightNigga you did me wrong but the love is strong, let's move onVerse is too reall!!Don't understand people who even question Jay-Z skills.

C/Ssick track.

I smell some reefer, now you see?That's why, our people don't have anythingBecause we don't know how to go in places and act properly"Hey shut the f*ck up!" :lol: :lol: :lol: Lyrics, beats; Reasonable Doubt is Godly. Feel to make a poll with it against Illmatic but I'm scared of who I'll vote for =/
Lol that bit makes me laugh then all you hear are "ooooo".Jay is a beast, some of the stuff he says just flies over people's head.Couple of my favourite/best Jay verses have been posted but this is one I LIKE."Music business hate me cause the industry ain't make meHustlers and boosters embrace me and the music I be makinI dumbed down for my audience to double my dollarsThey criticized me for it yet they all yell "HOLLA!"If skills sold, truth be told, I'd probably belyrically, Talib KweliTruthfully I wanna rhyme like Common SenseBut I did five mill' - I ain't been rhymin like Common sinceWhen your cents got that much in commonAnd you been hustlin since, your inceptionf*ck perception go with what makes senseSince I know what I'm up againstWe as rappers must decide what's most impor-tantAnd I can't help the poor if I'm one of themSo I got rich and gave back, to me that's the win/winSo next time you see the homey and his rims spinJust know my mind is workin just like them...... rims, that is"

"That bloke from Oasis said i couldnt play guitarSomeone shoulda told him im a f*ck*ng rockstar"Will have to think about my fave verse...Aside from some of the ones already posted i do love this verse from ignorant sh*t

They're all actors, lookin' at themselves in the mirror backwardsCan't even face themself, don't fear no rappersThey're all, weirdos, DeNiros in practiceSo, don't believe everything your earlobe capturesIt's mostly backwards, unless it happens to be as accurate as meAnd everything said in song, you happen to seeThen, actually, believe half of what you seeNone of what you hear, even if it's spat by meAnd with that said, I will kill niggaz deadCut niggaz short, give you wheels for legsI'm a K-I-DOUBLE-L-E-R, see y'all in HellShoot niggaz straight through the E.R., whoaThis ain't B.R., no, this is S.C. CEOThe next Aaliyah; no, the next leader of the whole free worldAnd the first thing I'ma do is free Sigel, yo..