Arsenal v Hull City, Saturday 27th Sept, KO 5:30pm, Live on Setanta

TF S4DK

Gael Clichy should be fit to return to the Arsenal side for the visit of Hull City on Saturday.The French full back went to hospital last weekend during the second half of the 3-1 win at Bolton. It followed a heavy challenge by Kevin Davies just before the break.Fortunately tests revealed only bruising to his shin. He has missed training all week but returned on Thursday. Straight afterwards, Arsène Wenger spoke to Arsenal TV Online.“I am really pleased that Gael is available,” said the manager. “He had a training session today for the first time and he should develop well in the next 48 hours.”Another French defender, Mikael Silvestre, will also be available for the first time following his move from Manchester United.Despite the success of his 'Carling Cup kids’, Wenger will return to his established squad on Saturday. Alex Song is the only doubt.“Alex has a fitness test tomorrow,” said the manager. “He had a kick on his hip [in midweek] and it is very tender.“However Mikael Silvestre is available and we did not have any injuries from last week [against Bolton]. The likes of Robin van Persie and Theo Walcott have recovered fully so everyone is available.”

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsenal have yet to concede a goal from open play this season.In nine games, or 810 minutes of competitive action they have only let in two strikes turned in directly from corners (at Fulham and Bolton) plus the penalty at Kyiv.As yet, Arsenal’s defence has yet to be breached via a move.“We have defended very well,” Arsène Wenger told Arsenal.com. “It has not been noticed yet but we’ve only conceded those two goals from two corners. In open play we are quite solid. That, for me, is a good response and a good explanation for the team attitude in the squad.”Last season, Arsenal conceded 31 goals – the highest number of the top four and nine more than champions Manchester United. It was cited by Wenger as a big contributing factor to his side’s failure to hang on to their Premier League lead in the latter stages. But, Wenger being Wenger, his attacking principles will be not compromised to keep his new-found record going.“What makes me happy at the moment is that we have a good combination of defensive balance and offensive efficiency,” said the Frenchman. “Sometimes when you work on defending better you lose a number of goals.“But at the moment we are combining the two and it means when everyone puts the effort in we still can be very dangerous going forward.”

have setanta bought the rights to all arsenal games or some sh*t; wtf.
I remember getting an email a while back.. it said"Dont miss out on Arsenals season.. sign up to Setanta now"So i guess they have got quite a few
pissed, i got setanta at yard but moving to unithere is always a decent stream for setanta games anyway

nasri?
Saw it in the london paper today, wenger said hopefully he'll be back.
Arsène Wenger has confirmed his side will be without Samir Nasri against Hull on Saturday after the 21-year-old failed to recover from his knee problem.The Frenchman picked up the injury whilst on international duty earlier this month and remains on the sidelines with long-term absentees Tomas Rosicky, Abou Diaby and Eduardo.Mikael Silvestre has shaken off his muscular problem and is available for the first time since his August transfer from Manchester United. Gael Clichy is fit despite limping off just before half-time at Bolton last Saturday with a bruised shin. “We have Silvestre in the squad for the first time but Nasri is not back, neither is Rosicky, Diaby or Eduardo," said Wenger at Friday's press conference. “Everybody else is available. Clichy is all right and he will play.”

Last season Nicklas Bendtner was finding his way in first-team football. Now the Danish striker is becoming part of the furniture at Emirates Stadium.The 20-year-old made 40 appearances last term but the majority of those came as a substitute. This season Bendtner has featured in seven of Arsenal's nine games and, significantly, he has started more often than not.Add to that a run of four goals in four games - the Dane is almost halfway towards last season's tally already - and it's easy to see why Bendtner feels that his Arsenal career is on a steady upward curve."It's true, the first season is an establishing season where you have to get used to everything," he told Arsenal.com. "Whereas in this season I want to push on, to play more regularly and show people what I really can do, because so far what people have seen is far from everything."I don't feel any extra pressure when I come into the team because, when you play for a club like Arsenal, there will always be pressure on you. To be quite honest I've always had pressure on me so it doesn’t really matter to me. I'll take the pressure and still play the way I play."We have five top strikers, all very different as well, but I think it’s a good mixture. You know that if you don’t do well for a few games then you’ll have someone breathing down your neck or maybe ready to take your spot because that’s the way it is at a big club. Arsenal is no exception."Bendtner is still very young in football terms but he found himself in alien territory on Tuesday night as one of the 'elder statesmen' of Arsenal's Carling Cup side. The Dane was one of just five non-teenagers in Arsène Wenger's squad and led the way with the first two goals in a scintillating 6-0 victory.Bendtner enjoyed himself against Sheffield United and no wonder. As far as the 20-year-old is concerned, there is no better place for a young footballer to be than Emirates Stadium."It was strange for me because I was the fourth oldest player and I've never tried that before," he said."It was good, I don’t really mind, I've played with those players before and I know them very well so it was OK for me. We played really well and it was good."We all get taught the same style of football from a young age at Arsenal and I think that's great. All through the ranks the coaching and everything is fantastic, the way they work with the players and the way they treat them."It's not just the first team, but all through the youth ranks it's amazing, I think for every young player it is a treat to come here."