When The FA Lose The Plot Part 104876

MrJibbles

The Football Association have charged Watford manager Adrian Boothroyd with abusive and/or insulting words towards referee Stuart Attwell during Saturday's Coca-Cola Championship match against Reading.Boothroyd was sent from the technical area during the match, notorious for the award of a 13th-minute goal to the Royals when linesman Nigel Bannister farcically flagged for a goal instead of a corner.Despite not a single Reading player appealing for the 'goal' 25-year-old referee Attwell awarded the goal.Boothroyd admitted after the game, which finished 2-2: "I've never seen anything like it. It's like a UFO landing, a mistake like that."I've been to see the referee and in fairness he's only going on what the linesman says. He's working in a team and if someone comes in his ear telling him it's a goal then I suppose he's got to give it."I thought it was a goal-kick. What do you say to that? It was a strange sort of feeling because I was trying to calm my team down and get them going but all I could think was 'what was that for?'."Boothroyd has until October 10 to respond to the charge.

Not bein funny but i swear football is loosing its passion, not just this but you cant speak to the ref about anythin becuase if you shout or whatever u get booked for decent or stupidness liek this happens.
Who cares about a poxy fine though, if i was on them wages id be chattin my opinions every week.