A Night With Kojo - last show before he touches USA

Numero001

A Night with Kojo28 September 2008Venue: Main HousePrice(s): £20 Stalls, Dress and Upper Circle. £10 GalleryJoin Kojo - the fresh prince of Hackney as he returns to the Hackney Empire for his last show before moving to New York - it's going to be a special night of entertainment!Featuring interviews, sketches and performances from some of Kojo's closest celebrity friends.A Night with Kojo is not to be missed!
Only found out about it today still. Think its sold out, but there maybe some standing space or some sh*t, didnt get what she was saying tbh. Got my ticket and heard there are gonna be performances from a former girl group member gone solo, ex-BBC presenter/comedien, few UK comedians and arguably the hottest UK artist right now.

Sabrina Washington, Gina Yashere, Babatundé, Bashy and Giggs are who I know are gonna be there so far.

Dont wanna name anything 'cause I'm not sure if its surprise performances so dont wanna spoil it for anyone going. If the names have already been released then I'll confirm, if not I'll say afterwards. Should be a big show. Hopefully Kojo's got some sick material as well

Was a good show still. Started off with that white dude Kevin Jay(?) who was kinda jokes followed by Kojo. Kojo came out and was on form bussin' jokes about relationships, how to get gal, Olympics and what not. Some RnB singer called Denny I think came out and sung Tyreese's Sweet Lady and some next tune. Kojo returned, buss more joke then introduced MOBO Jazz award nominee Yolanda Brown who played the sax. Tune she did was Miss Independant and was joined by some dancer which was effective. Crowd loved it, espec the females.Kojo came back out and did the interviews with Adulthood cast (Adam Deacon, Arnold Oceng and the screw face breh), Jeanette Kwakye (100m runner) and Fundmental. One of the Fundmental dudes was wearing purple trousers and bussin a Yankee twinged accent. This was the only part where it kinda fell off coz the questions werent really that good or vary.Out next was Giggs with 3 man, 2 with a mic one without and just miming at the back. Dude at the back was jokes. Performed 'Umm', 'Open Up' then Track 9 ('Talking The 'Ardest'). Wheeled that 3 times. I liked his performance still, werent expecting nothing but raw spitting and man on the stage and thats what it was. Stage prescence wasnt really there but you know, he's hood.Kojo question and answer hosted by JCX and Slix was jokes to start with - bare tricky sexual questions - then got serious about personal sutff like aspirations for when he goes America etc.Last up was Bashy performing Kidlthood to Adulthood then finished on Black Boys. His performance was best of the night. Free after party was good but I wasnt on the dancefloor 'cause the place was too ram. The amount of buff gyal in there man. Got to bed last night proud of black people behaving so well, black gyal looking so damn nice and Kojo. Lad done well for himself

So who went then?...It wasn't bad, first time I've seen him perform live (other then the recorded ting I saw on MTV) so wasnt 100% sure all the material was fresh.. But a few of my bredrins did say they had heard a couple of the gags before.Would have been better if he had other comedians perform...but understandably as it was his last UK performance, I guess he wanted all the glory.Single guys would have loved it, why? because comedy shows draw bare gyal.Bashy did goodGiggs was mediocre.and some other pa/guests which werent needed tbh.Overall a good evening out.

kojo was gettin sway still wagwan for that beef???but he was slewin everyone he even got dizzie quicklylol at giggs performancebuck was tryin to hype it for him but the guy struggles livewhen he first came on there was hype, then died quickmashtown man was blatently shoutin get off da stage bashy was good

guy aint even that bad.but its lil' groupies and wannabe black celebs that follow him around that pisses me off.what are the chances of him doing well in NYC?
trust. but ur gonna get that, its jus all them ppl in that kind of 'scene'. the type that are always at certain raves and are most likely some sort of promoter/model etc.
LOLToo true.