Losing Friends As You Get Older

spiderman

started to think about this a bit recently, how ive lost contact with certain ppl over the years.its nuffin abnormal i suppose, i mean even as a yout growin up u meet heads and then ppl grow up and move on and u dont chat to some of those heads anymore as u move into high school, college, etc...but after turning into an adult it seems like the RATE of losing contact just shot up, like compared to how many ppl i used to be in touch with and actively do things with, now it seems like a lot less.isit just part of adulthood? growing into your own and having ur close social circle thin out? or isit just me, cos sometimes i think that everyone else seems to be fine with it.opinions.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VERY TRUE.
also certain situations you go through with your "friends" while growing up shows who's who and what's what.but yeah compared to the amount of people i use to roll with, DRASTIC change. You know what, as you change (as in grow up), so does your circle. It's kinda natural.But the contrast from then and now is nuts tho.

ye i went thru a period of cuttin ppl off cos i didnt want anybody i couldnt trust around me, one inch of doubt and they were cut. looking back a few times i was a bit cynical bout it, some heads wernt so bad...i guess it aint just me then whose group has thinned out, judging from the posts...but then wen i look at some of my friends who ive recently lost contact with, or ppl who aint to tight wid no more...just generally, lookin at other ppl they seem to have that BIGG group thats all tight and lots of close friends, and everything seems happy etc...but maybe dats just how it seems on the outside lookin in and it aint as great as it looks to me.makes me feel loserish certain times not having a tight group like how i used to, now its just select individuals. and even then work/uni has divided us..corse uni provides new friends but they just seem more like peers rather than close close mates.so wen i see ppl who have situations like dis...

Current circle is made up of man dem from secondary school days
makes me feel like im abnormally losing friends as im gettin older, whilst everyone else doesnt seem to be doing so.

to be honest out of the bunch we had only 3 of us was properly tightlike family gathering tightdue to f*ckery, alot of the batch just went seperate waysalso, certain madnesses showed me rollin wit certain man was not the lickmy current circle is the one still, did some more shaving off round the edges in sumer 07

my circles depleted and unhealthy at the moment tbh.funny thing was this time last year i was in a complete different situation. had the old school/ends group and was expanding with new friends from college, went holiday wid dem etc etcdnt even speak to dem much now, they got der own group at uni and i got left behind cos me n a few others didnt wanna be the tag alongs.my old school lot and ppl from ends i lost touch with some before college cos i came off all that road ish but still had a trimmed dwn group, but now dats f*cked cos of uni/work and ppl changing.dunno just seems crap now compared to the number of ppl i used to do things with before compared to now. f*ck it, i suppose its just what it is, no point fussing really. just wanted to know if anybody else was going through or had been thru the same kind of transition.

few days ago i must of seen my "best mate", or well the guy who was my best mate for most my youth anyways....over the past few years we become a bit distant, but the guy lives on my road and we have always been in contact and linked up nw and then, etc..saw him the other day after not hearin a word from him for 4 weeks. spoke to him briefly for a few minutes like u would someone u dnt really know 2 tough and ur just having a few words. felt bare wierd tho, speakin with him like we barely know each other wen we used to be tight mates for years and practically grew up together.

yep and its f*cked when u realise ur the one who got discarded
lol discarded u know.this threads got me thinkin most ppl are gonna end up like billy no mates lol. ok well not no mates but very few, if everyones agreeing wid me.i thought everyone was just gna say its just me tbh.
tbhyou start to categorize morelike; you have tiers of friends so your not really losing friends but like you have the co-dees and mandem and right at the bottom you have acquaintancesso you still have mates, but they're treated differently