Losing Friends As You Get Older

spiderman

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i feel the same way that most of you do, as you grow up you meet people who you hang out with etc but as you grow older and wiser you cut them out or loose them to foolishness. I also feel the older you get the less bullshit you are prepared to put up with (speaking from experience) and you decide not to include certain people in social outings or anything similar and boom, before you know it your social circle has become smaller overnight.its just the facts of growing up/growing older i think.

Im actually cutting ties with all my m8's for a while .. i'v actually realised it will benefit me in the long run. Just me and my girl will do me till i start getting bored again.
completely wrong attitude to have.
co sign spidermanthis kinda thing only makes it harder for you and your girl in the long run, gotta keep your friends around and not boy them off just cause you have a girlfriend, its bang outta order to do that imo

Im actually cutting ties with all my m8's for a while .. i'v actually realised it will benefit me in the long run. Just me and my girl will do me till i start getting bored again.
completely wrong attitude to have.
co sign spidermanthis kinda thing only makes it harder for you and your girl in the long run, gotta keep your friends around and not boy them off just cause you have a girlfriend, its bang outta order to do that imo
Trust me i know what both of you mean, seen it happen with other people just disregarding there boys.. I'v got my reasons though and at the mo i could do without them.

The problem is with a lot of people, they think because they grew up with someone etc that would make that friendship stronger...PFFTTTT.All i know is the guys i grew up with who was on this road ting got cut off. From when you're not doing nothing constructive in life being around them people brings me down. From 16-18 i didn't do nothing with my life and i was just hanging around with road guys and my mentality didn't change. Then my boy from school who went off to uni and holla'd at me to come down and jam for the weekend. That moment changed everything for me. I went there with a road mentality saw how people was perceiving me and did not like it. Also the way i could bop around normal and dere was no paranoia, i didn't feel i had to watch my back or anything.When i got back i cut them man off and just stayed with the focused kl ones. Life has got much better since then. I also have made some new friends as well. But people love to chat sh*t in this world... when you hang around in groups bitchyness always arises whether it's women or men. Someone will have a qualm with another person in the group and end up saying something to another and then sides get taken etc... it's all long.

I have a group of four girl friends and then I only speak to two of them regulary on the phone.I didn't make an effort to keep in touch with aquaintances from secondary school and I'm not good at making friends, so I only have one set of friends. Now that they're all in relationships I find that I don't see them as often.All in all, I don't mind having few friends but it would be good to have a few others to do different activities with.
Same here. I'm into a lot of things my friends aren't so who do I do things with?! I dont think I could say to my friends 'come we go museum' or 'come lets go to a spoken word nite'. Even though we get on I'm into more than they are.

I have a group of four girl friends and then I only speak to two of them regulary on the phone.I didn't make an effort to keep in touch with aquaintances from secondary school and I'm not good at making friends, so I only have one set of friends. Now that they're all in relationships I find that I don't see them as often.All in all, I don't mind having few friends but it would be good to have a few others to do different activities with.
Women, take note please. :wub: :wub:

I'm into a lot of things my friends aren't so who do I do things with?! I dont think I could say to my friends 'come we go museum' or 'come lets go to a spoken word nite'. Even though we get on I'm into more than they are.
EXACTLY my situation. into more things, some of them that certain ppl wernt and kind of changed my priorities of things i did, so ended up doing less wid em and drifted.ive also got a few friends who aint really into what im into but i still got contact wid them cos i suppose i still got more in common with them then the others.

coincidentally...got facebooked by one of the lot ive drifted from in the past year, sayin ye its been a while and lets link up, come out with us etc...i sed ye cool im up for it, but i know der on dem swag clubbin nights which i aint really feelin. tried to think of any substitutes dat involve a drink up/night out (big or small) but i cant see dem up for anything other than what they know. meh...i suppose i shud make the effort, just catch up a bit. i thought bout tellin him to link up at sumin more normal on a daytime thing but it just seems a bit out of place seeing as we dont really see much of each other.

called up one of my boys last night guy was glad to here my voice telling him my situation with the chicks in my life it was a good 1 hour convo going to check him later in the week to blaze a few zoots and play some ps3so thanks spiderman for inspireing me to call up my friends

the amount of times ive heard, "lets meet up etc" and nothing has happenedalso just the other day i got, "your still alive!!!, no one hears from you"what i should of said was, "bitch my number dont change"but i didnt say that...them ones where u leave and think"f*ck I SHOULD OF SAID THAT" lol
InitI've heard this too many times"We dont hear from you"NIGGA, i dont hear from YOU

i had a good time with a lot of my mates but they aint changed since i was 16, they work, earn a wage and blow the whole lot in a weekend. I'm trying to move forward and certain guys aint helpiong me, i aint cut them off but we've lost contact with each other.I realised one of my mates' attitude when one guy phoned him up and was like; "u heard about alex?" and he said "wot? he aint got a job djing somewhere has he?"So just because u gave up on it and sold ur decks u want me to fail as well? seen.

Guest ChoccyLog
Same here. I'm into a lot of things my friends aren't so who do I do things with?! I dont think I could say to my friends 'come we go museum' or 'come lets go to a spoken word nite'. Even though we get on I'm into more than they are.
I can cosign this.I'm lucky my best friend has similar tastes to me, like we enjoy comedy cafes and poetry slams etcThe only thing I'm concerned about is that shes been a bit hyped since she went to uni. I get on with her girls but it seems likes shes changed because of them and not neccessarily in a good way.If we drift apart I'm fudged! lol

I can cosign this.I'm lucky my best friend has similar tastes to me, like we enjoy comedy cafes and poetry slams etcThe only thing I'm concerned about is that shes been a bit hyped since she went to uni. I get on with her girls but it seems likes shes changed because of them and not neccessarily in a good way.If we drift apart I'm fudged! lol
My bredrins are so ignorant to anything apart from raving and stick to one scene. I could see myself drifting from them due to their ignorance but I'm tryna bring them through into the world and show them different things. Them man still kinda have a younger mentality and their interests dont really differ from the norm. They're still kinda on a tryna look cool ting like we were in school so turn their noses up at things 'cause its not the done thing in their eyes. They make slip-ups certain times with songs they like or what they would like to do which leads me to think this. For example I'll tell them about certain things then months down the line theyre tryna come back and tell me like I wasnt the first to inform them.They just need someone to bring them out of what they are used to and thats what I try to do.
As sad as it sounds over the last couple of years I've learnt to enjoy my own company.
QFT. Hol' tite the people that have been to a concert on their jacks (wasnt by choice still, got a gift at short notice)Oh and JLovz, you know I'm about ;)

As sad as it sounds over the last couple of years I've learnt to enjoy my own company.
ye i can partially agree to this, but i think the main thing ive gotten personally from losing friends is self development. ive grown as a person and more open to things and i wouldnt of been able to achieve that without the space. was the price of the friendships, the maturity i gained.kinda makes me think lookin at the ppl ive drifted from, they dnt seem to be different at all and are so close minded and have never looked beyond what they know....isit worth tryna patch up the friendship to be trapped within that narrow space with them.

bump.so i linked 3 old friends the other day. long story short that brief contact almost made me do a 180 on the way i was thinkin bout this situation of letting friends slip by....certain stuff was a bit suprising, seeing how much they are the same and ive grown. certain times i even thought they have grown DOWN if thats even possible lol.llow it, not worth the effort of tryna get back in dem circles. its true that most the time u lost contact with ppl cos der not worth keepin in contact with.just move with the times.