Sign in to follow this  
Totty

The Streets/Mike Skinner

Not gonna lie I thought that Mike Skinner chap was crap when I first heard him on the radio, but I like that new song of theirs 'Everything is borrowed'.Anyway what genre do they fit into - Hip Hop, Garage ??????????thanx in advance

alternativei would call him i did class his first album on locked on as garage though but he moved with the timesthe remixes he use to get back in the day>>

Ive alwyas thought about what genre they would fit into lol. Could classify mike into so many different genres lol guy is sick tho. blinded by the lights is actually being played on radio 1 right now lol. kinda weired

remember when the dj tried dropping his riddim in capital club and my bredrin told to low it

The Escapist is a big track. Hate his flow more time than not.

I like him, he's a f*ck*ng legend.He isnt a Birmingham fan btw, well, not a proper one any way.He started 'supporting' them just before he got signed as part of his gimmick - true story.

do u think he has comprimised his music style over the years? I dontwish wiley took note

The streets are f*ck*ng sick, bare original tracks instead of always following the mainstream.Lets push things forwardThey were never tring to fit into a genre but I'd say garage

Only thing of his I like is Blinded By The Lights tbh and some of the grime collabos he did a few years back.Couldnt even tell you what genre he sits on.Catch me and some of the man dem in the vid for Weak Become Heroes stilly manilly...

thought Original Pirate Material (the tune) was absolute trash when it came out, garage was still alive then and that werent itllowed him bar Let's Push Thing Forward - tunethen i heard that "i'm gary an i'm an alcoholic" tune and rated him differentlyA Grand Don't Come For Free is one of the greatest concept albums i've ever heard. classicthen i saw him live wen his third album dropped which i didnt likehis band were a bit sh*t and didnt recreate his tunes very well at all, Mike was on some pink blazer ting bout 3 years after Vice City dropped and all his tunes decided to use that same weepy chord structure that made his music more introspective, and crapstill got love for the guy, undeniable talent on a next levelONE OF THE ONLY GUYS TO EVER SHOW GRIME LOVE, AND DO IT PROPERLY!!!

his music and concepts are SICKhis talk/rap/swagga/lithp is a slap in the face of the genre. only cos hes white ...any chav

His sick.Don't care what genre ppl want to put him in. All I know is man fuses different genres nicely & it works imo.

Guest Ivan Drago

*Skanks to 'Don't Mug Yourself'*Original Pirate Material >>Has It Come To This? >>He's sicklegendgenius

Does he have to fit into a genre?
nah i'm just sorting out my ipod. thats why i made the topic
Thought so lol

just watched the video for Everything's Borrowedtunes pie unfortunately, exactly wot i was saying bout them weepy chordsvideos alright but that's not how you load a van

Guest Flava Dave
The streets are f*ck*ng sick, bare original tracks instead of always following the mainstream.Lets push things forwardThey were never tring to fit into a genre but I'd say garage
im all for originality dnt get it twistedguy was jus f*ckin sh*tswear he never even used to spit on beat?n the beats.... f*ckin ell sounded like someone falling downstairs with pans in their hands