Sign in to follow this  
Mic Man

Mr Vegas appreciation thread

Just days after his upcoming Mus Come A Road North American tour schedule was published here on Dancehall.Mobi, dancehall artiste Mr. Vegas has dropped a bombshell - he will be retiring next month.In a telephone interview with the Jamaica Observer’s Chat magazine yesterday, he stated that he has decided to retire because of two main factors:- he is unhappy with his surroundings / work environment- wants to make changes to his life and move closer to happiness and GodHe expanded on the surroundings / environment factor by highlighting that after 11 years in the business, he still has to be proving himself to people, and that unlike when he just started out, the music business is no longer a source of enjoyment for him. He also lamented the fact he is surrounded by “negative energy”.Vegas left for Europe today, and said he will honor all his existing contractual obligations. Asked if he was done with music altogether, he indicated that he may find another genre, but stated “I am done with dancehall.”
http://www.dancehall.mobi/2008/09/24/mr-ve...ire-next-month/Big up Vegas, i bought the Heads High album when he first buss and it was sick.He went AWOL for years then came back with a bang with Tek Weh Yourself, Hot Wuck and a string of Dancing tunes to keep the people entertained.He shall be in England in October doing a number of shows. As it is his last, i mite turn up. He was never an outstanding artist IMO, but always had the catchy bangers to keep the crowd happy.*Salutes*

He's had health problems. I remember when I was out there last year he was quite ill from what I heard.Got this in a email last week but didnt take it seriously. f*ck knows why. His Greatest Hits comes out soonish...

big up vegas.got some video from when i was a yute with him & scare dem performing, think it was rex still. obv copped heads high album, classic.rated him from early.

Heard hw was ment to be at Rex over the weekend but never turned up.
They announced from the day before he wasnt gonna make it due to health problems