Sign in to follow this  
Faisal

VIP2 Blog.

I never knew we was getting a main site/blog :unsure: Seeing as its up,Layout?Post about music only?Author's for posting?WP & Forum account integration?Feel free to ask questions with me btw.

shudnt just be on music...shud be be a mash of everythingplus alot of ppl will want to be authors....but its about choosing ppl who will be up for regular posting of fresh and relevant content

Didn't even notice, straight /forum ting.Nah it shouldn't just be about music we have enough sources for that.VIP2 is a very general site, i don't know what kind of stuff a blog would need

Who cares thou, really?will come like the 'Gallery' EVERYONE moaning that u need this, that n the other. den when it comes after a week its a so what ting.

not really a vote,but just those ppl who know how to write fresh content which will keep visitors as well as forum members readingwriting skills do not have to be top notch Degree in English style, but those ppl who have character and a bit of journalist flare

I was contemplating this though last time i wanted to make a forum and blog...It's gonna be REALLY hard to keep people on both places. If everything is on the blog, then why bother go on the forum?

I was contemplating this though last time i wanted to make a forum and blog...It's gonna be REALLY hard to keep people on both places. If everything is on the blog, then why bother go on the forum?
the forum is more a discussion point wheras the blog will be more informativean example, if you look at RWD, they have content pages on their site and the community forum was just for ppl to get together and discuss "whatever" which worked well until they decided to change

It'd be sick if you can turn topics into a blog post and the replys after that become the comments.Though i dunno if this will work IP Board.

nah this forum host or infact with any forum host that will be hard to implementu just have to drop a nice front page keeping in theme with the forum..with relevant site content and images..inlinks and advertising and that will be it.....wordpress blogs are good for seo also....so this whole site rising in the Google natural search listings wudnt be a hard task either

wer is it rly?
http://www.vip2.co.uk/
safewell maybe u can have selection of heads thats already got ther own blogs doing pages in all ther various diffrent fieldsi wud not turn down a highly paid sub-editorial position,my spell check /grammar watch faculties are IMMENSE

Guest Swiftie
why :(
Coz IPB aint a CMS/BLOG and nor is WP a FORUM.So post as comments is not the same as posts on the forum.I could've just gone and set up NEXUS but this is a work in progress for the coming advances aswell.

Guest Flava Dave

o yea swift i can start on it as soon as sumone donates me some 512mb DDR2 ram 6400 if possplus that forum u showed me plz

Guest Swiftie
lol a quick google search got me a plugin for PunBBso it works, gotta try it!
U trying to take me for Stamina Man or summin? Coz something works doesn't mean I gotta try it. :confused: Anyways, just incase if people have failed to recognise.LOOK AT THE CONTENT. Its like since FEB 08... I only just recovered some SQL data coz I was bored this afternoon.One has to look at the content to realise that its old/outdated/ and not crucially needed. More updates will come.. Either a revamp with a theme to go with the forum. Or a destroy and rebuild em as I said above.@ Durrttz PM..

I didn't say you have to use but it'd be a very good feature for those who prefer the blog but still wanna get heard on the forum.It's more of a win-win to me...

Guest LucaPiano

dont need a main page, waste of time and money like come on now..... do we really have a community that appriciates hard work? 75% are not employed/ in education.