Sign in to follow this  
TF S4DK

Arsenal v FC Porto, Tuesday 30th September, KO 7:45pm, Live on ITV1

Arsène Wenger has called on his side to regain a “Champions League focus” for the Group G game against Porto on Tuesday night.When he spoke at his pre-match press conference on Monday, it was clear the Arsenal manager was still recovering from Saturday’s shock defeat to Hull at Emirates Stadium.Wenger argued the game was a wake-up call his team did not need and that the loss should not be overblown, however he did call for improvement against the Portuguese champions.“I believe the Champions League is a different game,” said the Frenchman. “We have learned from the Hull match that you need a Champions League focus in every game.“If we are guilty of something it is that we couldn't get our focus to the right level to take our chances.“The analysis of the game shows that we had enough opportunities to win. On the other hand, they made 100 per cent of the few chances they had. So credit to them and damage to us.“You have not to make too much of it. We lost a game we did not want to lose but we have enough strength inside the Club and inside the team to deal with that. It can happen but it cannot be repeated.“I don't think we needed to be woken up but it was a big disappointment because we felt that we had enough quality to win the game.”
Samir Nasri is back in the Arsenal squad for Tuesday's Champions League clash with Porto after shrugging off a knee problem.The French international has not played since suffering the injury while on duty with Les Bleus at the beginning of the month. That halted Nasri in his tracks after a flying start to the campaign but the Arsenal.com Player of the Month for August is finally set for his first game in September.Arsène Wenger confirmed Nasri's return at his pre-match press conference but revealed that Alex Song (hip) would not be available against Porto despite appearing on the bench for the weekend defeat to Hull City."Song has still not recovered," said Wenger. "I had him on the bench on Saturday but he did not feel comfortable and he had a little setback. That shows you that we lost a player through the Carling Cup - once again."Nasri is fit and is in the squad. But Abou Diaby, Eduardo and Tomas Rosicky are not back yet."

They defo need to focus & just win. Should be a very good game I think.
I like the way you think you should take up football management.
:D You should direct dem bars to others of this forum. They all talk like they know it all tbh

I like the way you think you should take up football management.
:D You should direct dem bars to others of this forum. They all talk like they know it all tbh
True say... but i was just amusing myself with sarcasm.

ITV1 showin arsenal yeah?cuz her in holland only f*ckin psv das in the champz league so they are like f*ck u lot no football unless dutch team is playinbut luckily i got sattelite ...itv1 i'll be locked onto this game...f*ckin hate Man utd

Long time ago but the last time we played on Eid day was the 1-5 away win against Inter 03/04.Hope we recreate that sh*t.
one of the sickest nights in history i swear

Almunia, Sagna, Toure, Gallas, Clichy, Nasri, Denilson, Cesc, Walcott, RVP, Adebayoris the teamso who got dropped then? just Eboue? lolwheres song? Denilson and Cesc in midfield is not cutting it

LOL wenger is sick with his dropping of players, proper showed them.should give them a right kick up the arse

:D you want a cookie for stating the obvious?
Yes please. I'll pm you my address.----On match, arsenal look like they'll get caught on the break. Porto have just sent a warning.

How can we batter porto but lose against hull I didnt watch the hull game but what stopped us playin how we are in this game?

Games like this just tells you if we just a few additions in our squad we'd be f*ck*ng solid.A defensive midfielder, Goalkeeper and defender is the only thing stoping us from reaching our peak, our attack tonight was on point Nasri looked great as did walcott, a good performance all round.

Bare complacency but the job was done anyway, would of liked to see Vela get one, bare bright future innadis. Props to Van Persie & Adebayor, going goal for goal this season.

just got back...humbly satisfiedLMAO who clocked when that Hulk came on the fans were ripping him up BWAHAHAHA"GREEN IN A MINUTE""HES TURNING GREEN IN A MINUTE""GREEN IN A MIIIIINNNNNUUUTTEEE!!!""HES TURNING GREEN IN A MINUTE"Quality!