Everton in takeover talks with Anil Ambani

Goddaz

According to a report in the Mirror, Everton chairman Bill Kenwright is in the process of luring Ambani, the sixth richest man in the world with a reputed fortune of £20 billion, to buying the Goodison Park club. Ambani has already been linked with a move for Newcastle and Liverpool, but the possibility of a takeover in the blue half of Merseyside is more likely especially as Kenwright is known to be keen to step down from his current position. Speaking recently, Kenwright said: "I do not want to be here next year. "I do not want to be standing in front of you saying, 'It's been another tough season' and 'I don't know where the money is'. I would sell tomorrow." Kenwright, a life-long Everton fan, is known to be keen to secure investment for the club so the team can compete with the so-called 'Big Four', which will require either extra funds beyond his means, or a cash injection to redevelop Goodison Park or move to new stadium. The takeover would doubtless please David Moyes as he seeks to close the gap on the top four clubs, and challenge for a place in the Champions League. Ambani, who is the chairman of the Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group, was voted Businessman of the Year in 2006 by Times Of India. Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...i-Football.html